Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-14-2021, 07:56 PM   #401
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I agree that these are way too expensive. Seems we're not alone as apparently nobody is buying them. Prime 1 already cancelled a few of the Alien wall hangers which were also pricey for what they were. Maybe Prime 1 should re-evaluate their current pricing structure as we are prime targets for these things and we're not buying them. I'd like to, but it's just too much, and that's before their ridiculous shipping prices and the 20% duty etc many of us face.
It'll be interesting to see if these sell out, (100 ES especially) before it gets into collectors hands to review the actual production piece. My guess is still no... The fact that it's not in scale with their Predator statues or the Scorpion Alien, kept me away. Oh, that the price tag of course. If it ever goes on sale for a few hundred off, I may snag one down the road, but I won't hold my breath.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 11:12 PM   #402
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I agree that these are way too expensive. Seems we're not alone as apparently nobody is buying them. Prime 1 already cancelled a few of the Alien wall hangers which were also pricey for what they were. Maybe Prime 1 should re-evaluate their current pricing structure as we are prime targets for these things and we're not buying them. I'd like to, but it's just too much, and that's before their ridiculous shipping prices and the 20% duty etc many of us face.
CoolProps managed to sell their Sideshow allocation, but still no word on the total ES. For all we know, SSC could've reserved 20 of each.

A $1700 piece plus tax and shipping would be $2K if not more and that's for someone living in the States. I can't imagine how much worse it is for international customers. It's like we skipped 1/3 and went straight into 1/2 territory with these prices.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:38 PM   #403
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
CoolProps managed to sell their Sideshow allocation, but still no word on the total ES. For all we know, SSC could've reserved 20 of each.

A $1700 piece plus tax and shipping would be $2K if not more and that's for someone living in the States. I can't imagine how much worse it is for international customers. It's like we skipped 1/3 and went straight into 1/2 territory with these prices.
It certainly feels that way doesn't it. Add Prime 1's ludicrous current shipping costs to the mix, with some UK and EU buyers reporting $800 surcharges on their orders at time of shipping and these are unattainable for most.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:33 PM   #404
Halcyon
Loki

They should open tax-free shops at all major airports, then the ES would be too small
60$ gasmoney is worth it..
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 06:50 PM   #405
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I'm loving the low ES on the DX. Regardless of how expensive this is now, IF it turns out well, it's going to be highly sought after by collectors. Personally, this is the best Big Chap statue yet made.

It's funny how we don't have an ES for the Jungle Hunter Predator yet.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 09:26 AM   #406
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
It's funny how we don't have an ES for the Jungle Hunter Predator yet.
Yes don't understand either, most JH Pred orders should be in within 2-3 months. Prob has to do with no room in the production line(s). Hopefully they use a gap in their best production line !

Personally. I don't have anything with the big chap, I prefer the medium size warrior aliens..
Nice to see that all the alien and pred statues have small(er) ES.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 11:34 AM   #407
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Personally. I don't have anything with the big chap, I prefer the medium size warrior aliens..
I've always much preferred the big chap. His embedded human skull just makes him eerily beautiful imo. Regarding the size however. The warriors use the same head (modified) And on average are actually taller than the Big chap. The animatronic even has an extra set of ribs to make up for the added height It's a common misconception that they are smaller. Partly down to the originals nickname, and partly due to how they tended to crouch and creep around in Aliens.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:56 PM   #408
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Actually it isn't that great, just means they will be less likely to make more pieces in the future. If they sold well the ES would be much higher. It's a trade off, but I would rather them sell 500-1000 and keep making more.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 03:58 PM   #409
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Actually it isn't that great, just means they will be less likely to make more pieces in the future. If they sold well the ES would be much higher. It's a trade off, but I would rather them sell 500-1000 and keep making more.
That could be why the Big Game Jungle Hunter has yet to be given an ES. Either it's still selling consistently or they have more confidence in steady future sales since it's a flagship character at a reasonable price.

Had to qualify this with the "reasonable price" bit because as iconic as the Big Chap is, there aren't a lot of people who would pay $1700 for a standard edition statue of it.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 04:38 AM   #410
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Had to qualify this with the "reasonable price" bit because as iconic as the Big Chap is, there aren't a lot of people who would pay $1700 for a standard edition statue of it.

It's arguably my favorite character. I'm an established statue collector with a fair few high end statues. And even I'm not buying it even though I am definitely the target market. I'd love to get one (Museum pose I think) But it's too expensive with all of the costs accounted for. I'm not surprised that the ES is low on these, but I do hope that it doesn't kill off any future projects. Prime 1 must realise why they aren't selling massively. If they got their shipping prices in order at least, maybe reconsidered their base pricing which has jumped rapidly in recent years. Or even listed on Sideshow more consistently, they might gain better sales. As it is, it's difficult for the average person to be a Prime 1 customer. And that's before the sneaky surcharges we're seeing added to final payments currently. One UK customer on their FB page had $800 added to his Red Sonja for example.