Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM   #121
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Oh for sure it is a less than those that collect full statues but busts do sell. Somehow Tweeterhead did got enough sales to make a thousand Skeletor busts. Not even half of those customers are willing to pair their Skeletor with a He-Man bust if they liked it enough?
This just doesn't have the desirability for enough people to buy. A Hordak bust using the same statue's portrait would have sold better than this bust did.
Well fair enough, but I'd be shocked if there are actually a thousand of those skeletor bust actually in existence, but as somebody who is collecting the statue line, I 100% dont want the statue to have the old action figure look, I dont think that is what this line is about, I've showed people this bust, and they think the face is killer, again I'll be happy with swap out portraits, but if they revert to making this statue line look like the old action figures in appearance, I'll just stick to buying the Mattel origins action figures
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 01:00 PM   #122
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Remember, though, that the bust has been on Daily Deals multiple times for a pretty big discount. So, while he was obviously a better seller than He-Man, a thousand of them was still way too many.
Well aware. Maybe. Just because something didn't sell out at full price does not mean 1K was too many. People do not understand pricing and discounting. Selling out at full price is the lofty goal not the expectation. There's still profit in discounted prices.
Companies pad for this. Tweeterhead expected the bust to have a widespread retail adoption and it did.
Sideshow is a special distributor for Tweeterhead but most retail outlets count as full sales for Tweeterhead they don't work on consignment.

More than anything the huge shipping increase between initial solicit and delivery discourages a lot of sales.

Trust me there aren't 500 leftover Skeletor busts sitting in Sideshow's warehouse. This bust hasn't even hit 150 sales yet. The difference is THIS bust not disinterest or lack of potential customers.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 01:07 PM   #123
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Well fair enough, but I'd be shocked if there are actually a thousand of those skeletor bust actually in existence, but as somebody who is collecting the statue line, I 100% dont want the statue to have the old action figure look, I dont think that is what this line is about, I've showed people this bust, and they think the face is killer, again I'll be happy with swap out portraits, but if they revert to making this statue line look like the old action figures in appearance, I'll just stick to buying the Mattel origins action figures
Why would they do any such thing? That is a far fetched concern there.
Tweeterhead claims the full 1K ES was produced. It is unlikely any He-Man would sell as well as Skeletor.
But not even 1/4 of the Skeletor buyers want a He-Man bust? Nah. They just don't want THIS as a bust.
He-Man is hard to get right. You can make changes to the baddies and still be awesome. All the NECA 200X baddies look WAY better than their He-Man. I own the baddies, but no He-Man.

People are drawn to chicks and baddies. Tweeterhead is sitting on a KILLER Teela portrait but eh don't make that a bust.
Old 12-28-2023, 01:21 PM   #124
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Why would they do any such thing? That is a far fetched concern there.
Tweeterhead claims the full 1K ES was produced. It is unlikely any He-Man would sell as well as Skeletor.
But not even 1/4 of the Skeletor buyers want a He-Man bust? Nah. They just don't want THIS as a bust.
He-Man is hard to get right. You can make changes to the baddies and still be awesome. All the NECA 200X baddies look WAY better than their He-Man. I own the baddies, but no He-Man.

People are drawn to chicks and baddies. Tweeterhead is sitting on a KILLER Teela portrait but eh don't make that a bust.
I've just heard many many times, that just because a statue has a ES, in no way means that is how many is actually made, now if they said they made that many ok, but the skeletor statue doesn't even have a production of that many, and tweeterhead definitely knows there are more statue collectors than bust collectors, I remember buying the COTD Cleopsis, it had a ES of 3000, and it went to discount and then said sold out, and there's no way on earth they made anywhere close to 3000, probably maybe 300, so anyways, I still believe it just a lack of people interested in bust, but I do agree, the bad guys are more popular, definitely the case for me, and yes He man's look is gonna be debatable, so that why I'm hoping for swap outs, and it's simple for me, if I dont like it, I just wont buy it
Old 12-28-2023, 01:31 PM   #125
nearmint
Phoenix

TH absolutely made all 1000 Skeletor busts.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 01:36 PM   #126
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
TH absolutely made all 1000 Skeletor busts.
Well I believe you guys, but how many years and how many sideshow 35% off with free shipping will it take to sell them??? Sometimes people overestimate the intrest in something, so the 1st piece in the line gets way overproduced, again, if they make a He man statue and I dont like it, I just wont buy it, but nobody that I've shown the picture of the bust portrait has said anything, except it looks great
Old 12-28-2023, 01:55 PM   #127
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Well I believe you guys, but how many years and how many sideshow 35% off with free shipping will it take to sell them??? Sometimes people overestimate the intrest in something, so the 1st piece in the line gets way overproduced, again, if they make a He man statue and I dont like it, I just wont buy it, but nobody that I've shown the picture of the bust portrait has said anything, except it looks great
It DOES look great. I'm trying to explain how I and many others can think something looks really good but still not like it enough to buy it.

I have nothing bad to say about the workmanship, craft, sculpting or overall look. I am even buying one! This IS good stuff!

Yes I joke around and call it He-Boy. This cat ain't fighting Skeletor and his evil minions he's too busy getting laid 8 times a day!

People love and want the Norem He-Man people love the Conan He-Man, the Mattel box art He-Man. They love the monstrous villains, the babes, and the 1 big brute that reigns them all in. ALL of the Legends line and even the Classic Battlecat He-Man have that.
But this near expressionless bust is like a high school yearbook photo of He-Man before he became a full big beefy He-man.
Old 12-28-2023, 02:01 PM   #128
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Oh and that's exaggeration. I have 2 Skeletor busts and I track what Sideshow does with the discount. They've had free shipping OR 25% not both at the same time and no bigger discount.

If Skele bust somehow went down $650 with free shipping you can bet a a couple more coming my way for a repaint.

Oh and is the Sekeltor statue Es known? Last I saw it is TBD?
Old 12-28-2023, 02:18 PM   #129
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Oh and that's exaggeration. I have 2 Skeletor busts and I track what Sideshow does with the discount. They've had free shipping OR 25% not both at the same time and no bigger discount.

If Skele bust somehow went down $650 with free shipping you can bet a a couple more coming my way for a repaint.

Oh and is the Sekeltor statue Es known? Last I saw it is TBD?
Well I mean of course I hope tweeterhead sells every single one of them, their a great company and I wish them total success, but I think your focused on the portrait, and yes I'm sure some people dont like it, but I see other people not liking it for different reasons, such as his sword not having the iconic look, again I'm collecting the line because it's different from the toy line ( which I'm also collecting) and do not want He man to look exactly like the back of the figure art, I have Teela & Mer man, and while you do know who the characters are of course, they dont look like the action figures I have, I dont get a high school year book vibe at all from that portrait of He man
Again, I hope when the statue of He man is made they offer swap outs, i mean heck, its He man, maybe they offer 3 portraits, I'm always willing to pay extra for extra portraits, maybe they do a classic, a modern and more angry in battle style portrait, or maybe they do a Variant battle armour He man with the more angry battle ready portraits
Old 12-28-2023, 02:23 PM   #130
Atlantisatdawn

And yes, I was thinking of Trap jaw having the 800 ES, not Skeletor, my bad