Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 05-15-2018, 08:20 AM   #371
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
This IronStudios 1/4 Punisher could be my first Punisher Statue.. I'm wishing the factory quality will at least resemble the proto
The two IS pieces that I own are proto quality (Cap and Vader)

All the Civil War statues that were put out looked like proto and the Cap AOU looked like proto.

IS only toe stub seems to be the Spider-man they did.. Which was their first 1/4 scale I believe.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:10 AM   #372
broncofan66
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick View Post
This IronStudios 1/4 Punisher could be my first Punisher Statue.. I'm wishing the factory quality will at least resemble the proto
Cannot wait for this one. My most anticipated release right now.
broncofan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:44 PM   #373
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
The two IS pieces that I own are proto quality (Cap and Vader)

All the Civil War statues that were put out looked like proto and the Cap AOU looked like proto.

IS only toe stub seems to be the Spider-man they did.. Which was their first 1/4 scale I believe.
They've had a few misses. Their first 1/4 was the MK 42 from Iron Man 3 had some reportedly bad paint, Spider-Man you mentioned, and the Superman vs Doomsday was not great either.

Otherwise, they have quietly had some pretty solid releases.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:44 PM   #374
JAWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
They've had a few misses. Their first 1/4 was the MK 42 from Iron Man 3 had some reportedly bad paint, Spider-Man you mentioned, and the Superman vs Doomsday was not great either.

I stand corrected
Old 05-15-2018, 08:18 PM   #375
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post

Spider-Man was the biggest mistep but it was really only the plastic steps that were the problem with that statue. I have it and I love it. Mine came perfect but it definitely could have been produced better. Never seen Iron Man 3 statue in person so I can’t comment on that. As for the Superman vs Doomsday, I own that too and love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4972751D-2CBD-476B-97A3-80BC4FB836D7.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	255.9 KB
ID:	113822  
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 08:44 PM   #376
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

There were problems with the bases shipped broken on the AoU Cap. Not as widespread as what I'm seeing with SS Thanos on Throne but it could be because their ES are so low.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:20 PM   #377
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Spider-Man was the biggest mistep but it was really only the plastic steps that were the problem with that statue. I have it and I love it. Mine came perfect but it definitely could have been produced better. Never seen Iron Man 3 statue in person so I can’t comment on that. As for the Superman vs Doomsday, I own that too and love it.
I also love the Superman vs Doomsday dio. Its actually one of my favourite IS pieces and very underrated. People always bring up the Superman head sculp, but it doesn't bother me when I see it in person, and the piece has incredible presence.

Biggest problem about the Spider Man statue was the QC in my opinion, with A LOT of broken pieces and bad paint jobs arriving at the collectors hands. If I'm not mistaken, they did fire the guy responsible for QC at the time, but the damage for IS was huge. I mean, it's been 2 years since then and it still makes people apprehensive of buying from them.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:25 AM   #378
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Sure, the dio looks fine, but the general perception, fair or not, is that it was a miss (although, that opinion is likely coming from people that do not own it).

Spider-Man first batch was horrid (I had one)...my replacement from the second batch was much better (although still arrived damaged).

For a newer company like IS, it takes a long time to recover from a blunder like that...especially since Spider-Man was their first "big time" piece.

I am confident in this Punisher, though. I have seen enough of IS's other pieces to know they are capable of nice productions. Hopefully Punisher releases soon.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 03:21 PM   #379
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I got my PO in...here's hoping they come through.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:25 PM   #380
JAWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I got my PO in...here's hoping they come through.
I gotta believe they will.

The three I own, Wolverine, Vader, and Civil War Cap all came out just like Proto.

The other Civil War statues all look great.

I can't see how they would mess this one up.