Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #11
bat_collector
Galactus

I do like atonement

I guess the other reason is that there are so many movies I want ot watch I really don't have time to watch any movies twice, much less ones I don't like.

The other reason I don't do this is because most movies I dont like are either 1) genres I don't care for (war, western, macho action movies) or 2) have actors I dont like (matt damon, tom hanks, etc).
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #12
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

You like neither War movies, nor Westerns?

As soon as I find the time, I'm taking down my Mike G. homage poster.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #13
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I bet a guy who hates war movies, macho action movies, and westerns just absolutely despises "The Wild Bunch"....
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
I was 12 years old when Dragonslayer was in theaters. I didn't hate it, but I was severely bored. Compared to other movies that were out at the time, it didn't have enough action, and no variety in the creature department... just dragons. Having viewed it several times in the last few years, I've completely changed my opinion on it. The story moves at a good pace, it's complete, and the characters are well-defined. I like that it's more grounded in reality than most fantasy movies, with a Dark Ages atmosphere.

It's now one of my favorites.
Your sentiments echo my own, though my opinion changed back in the early 90's. I helped run a video store while attending college and used to play both Dragonslayer and Legend while I was working A LOT. It was a bit of a ploy as most people weren't familiar with either film and it was fun having customers come up and ask me... "what is that, it looks sweet?" "Can I rent it?"
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #15
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Your sentiments echo my own, though my opinion changed back in the early 90's. I helped run a video store while attending college and used to play both Dragonslayer and Legend while I was working A LOT. It was a bit of a ploy as most people weren't familiar with either film and it was fun having customers come up and ask me... "what is that, it looks sweet?" "Can I rent it?"
I worked at a video store for a few months in high school, and regularly had "Meatballs" (or Caddyshack) playing on one tv, and The Secret of Nimh or Akira playing on another. lol Back then, I couldn't get enough of Akira.

Worked at night.. no kids. lol
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #16
Spazzy
Hercules

pulp fiction, Big Lebowski, clerks, G I Joe ROC (hated it at first but now accept it as it is, still not great though)
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #17
DSET
The Secret Six

Watchmen
thought it was a little average in theaters

Now I love it
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote