Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-10-2018, 12:51 AM   #521
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
Already messaged Bobby but he doesn´t reply.
Then that means he has too much work and not interested. He litterally gets 50 emails a day and turns down at least 2 to 3 commissions a day. And he doesnt bother with the forums anymore either.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #522
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
Yeah, the statue is nice at it is, but there are some things that really bother me. If Prime 1 decided to make a small run of extra busts with rooted hair and/or another expression I would buy one immediately.
I'm quite shocked they never did a 1:2 bust with alternate sculpts. Huge missed opportunity for them. From what I was told, Adam isn't even working with anymore, so.....major bummer. It boggles my mind no company has done him in 1/3 scale.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:51 PM   #523
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
The best and only guy who does heads for hot toys bodies up to full scale silicone with punched hair, even on the small heads is BOBBY CAUSEY. Last I heard he charged a $1000 for a head for hot toys...........and he has a waiting list for all those who say nobody would pay that. YES THEY DO, people pay bobby what he wants because he is second to none.
I think he should just stick with life size busts personally. His smaller scaled work is nowhere near as good as the life size stuff.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:22 PM   #524
Oxymoron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I'm quite shocked they never did a 1:2 bust with alternate sculpts. Huge missed opportunity for them. From what I was told, Adam isn't even working with anymore, so.....major bummer. It boggles my mind no company has done him in 1/3 scale.
Although unlikely, it doesn´t necessarily mean that they won´t make a 1:2 bust sculpted by someone else. Adam isn´t the only one capable of sculpting Ledger properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	joker sculpt.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	111496   Click image for larger version

Name:	jokersc1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	111497  
Oxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:11 AM   #525
Biggunz
Loki

I think the face is fine it's the paint that throws everything off.

I'm still messing with mine
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0656.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	111524  
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:53 AM   #526
BillyCurly
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I think he should just stick with life size busts personally. His smaller scaled work is nowhere near as good as the life size stuff.
Im sorry, but that is the most rediculous statement ive heard and couldnt disagree more, his smaller stuff is as impressive if not more because of the size. He was the first to do silicone period and when everyone said silicone with punched hair and acrylic eyes couldnt be done at that scale, he proved everyone wrong again. Ive seen EVERYTHING he has made, and actually been there when he made it or even helped him and all I can say is his stuff is mindblowing, and anyone who says differently, has an agenda. This is not an opinion, ive used more artists for personal commissions and Silicone at the HIGH END LEVEL than most members here combined, I know who the best is and who is overrated and who is right there in the middle. Bobby has set the standard time and time again.

His 1/6 head is size for hot toys and a little bigger than a quarter and he was the first to do it when every pro out there said it could not be done at that level. If I didnt say this picture was 1/6th, most people would guess it was just his lifesize stuff.

And this was a head from 7 or 8 years ago. The stuff he does now is even more impressive, he just doesnt post anymore on the forums or bother with this type of back and forth. So MOST, actually the majority have NO IDEA what he is doing these days and what work he is putting out except for the guys getting his stuff. Again, this is from almost a decade ago, and it still looks better than most do now.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:24 PM   #527
Biggunz
Loki

It really doesn’t need a new head Skulpt just new paint. I do wish the hair line was a little lower though.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E7B05BFD-9F15-4C87-80D4-D061FE191914.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	111555  
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:44 AM   #528
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
Im sorry, but that is the most rediculous statement ive heard and couldnt disagree more, his smaller stuff is as impressive if not more because of the size. He was the first to do silicone period and when everyone said silicone with punched hair and acrylic eyes couldnt be done at that scale, he proved everyone wrong again. Ive seen EVERYTHING he has made, and actually been there when he made it or even helped him and all I can say is his stuff is mindblowing, and anyone who says differently, has an agenda. This is not an opinion, ive used more artists for personal commissions and Silicone at the HIGH END LEVEL than most members here combined, I know who the best is and who is overrated and who is right there in the middle. Bobby has set the standard time and time again.

His 1/6 head is size for hot toys and a little bigger than a quarter and he was the first to do it when every pro out there said it could not be done at that level. If I didnt say this picture was 1/6th, most people would guess it was just his lifesize stuff.

And this was a head from 7 or 8 years ago. The stuff he does now is even more impressive, he just doesnt post anymore on the forums or bother with this type of back and forth. So MOST, actually the majority have NO IDEA what he is doing these days and what work he is putting out except for the guys getting his stuff. Again, this is from almost a decade ago, and it still looks better than most do now.

stop trying to act like your opinion holds more substance just because you have more money. I've seen his 1st attempt at his full 1/3 Joker. It was very poor outside of the head. Nobody here has a "agenda" against him, so your claim that I do is unfounded and ridiculous.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #529
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
stop trying to act like your opinion holds more substance just because you have more money. I've seen his 1st attempt at his full 1/3 Joker. It was very poor outside of the head. Nobody here has a "agenda" against him, so your claim that I do is unfounded and ridiculous.
His second is VERY good.
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:32 AM   #530
BillyCurly
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
OH so your saying now that I have lots of money and I think Im better than everyone elses opinion, right? Are you just making things up as you go, or are you going to stick to things you know for certain?

My opinion DOES matter because I DO have alot of experience with high end pieces and elite artists, most of whom are personal friends. I think that would give me a great deal of insight, wouldnt you agree? Probably not considering your statements!

So for you to say Bobby Causey should stick to Life size because you didn't like a first attempt 1/3 joker( except for the sculpted silicone head) from 8 or so years ago, you think that makes your opinion sound, especially with what he puts out now? Your statement is both uneducated and not responsible.

Have you seen what he is putting out now that he has perfected it both lifesize and small scale? NO, because he does not advertise his pieces anymore and also if you had, you would not make such a ridiculous statement as you did.

Stop trying to paint me as some high horse, when you know nothing about me, and in doing so trying to cover up that fact that your statements are just..........unfounded in any way. I like your Joker Bust picture that Howard did. He is also a close friend of mine and I know VERY well what Howard is able to achieve in quality as well.

I think my opinion counts with my knowledge and experience, so when someone like you comes in and makes a silly remark like you did, you bet im going to chime in.