Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 05-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #331
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
That picture is of the Make Toys Giant. That is the green version set for release in June. Here is a pic of the yellow Giant:

They are the same figure. The arms and chest (Long Haul, Hook, Bonecrusher and Scavenger) have already been released for the Yellow version. The legs (Scrapper and Mixmaster) are due by the end of the month.

Is it just me or does this guys upper body seem a bit bulkier than the green Devy...or is it just the pic? The store I bought TFC Herc from...told me the yellow Devy will be more limited...I wonder if that's true...he is cheaper than the TFC Herc though
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #332
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Is it just me or does this guys upper body seem a bit bulkier than the green Devy...or is it just the pic? The store I bought TFC Herc from...told me the yellow Devy will be more limited...I wonder if that's true...he is cheaper than the TFC Herc though
Maketoys Giant does appear to be bulkier.

The consensus seems to indicate that yellow Devy will be more limited. Set A is completely sold out and Set B is becoming more difficult to find.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #333
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Maketoys Giant does appear to be bulkier.

The consensus seems to indicate that yellow Devy will be more limited. Set A is completely sold out and Set B is becoming more difficult to find.
Okay so it's not just me then,his upper body does seem bigger...that kinda of cool...I know some ppl complained about Herc being a bit on the skinny side but I have no issue with him.As for the G2 Devy...the store that is getting them hasn't even got any sets A or B...and told me that almost all the pre orders are now spoken for so getting him will be difficult...also they said it will be like when they got Bruticus back in the day...they got one run and that was it...I'm thinking maybe because more ppl are familiar with Devy being green than yellow so making more green ones would make more sense...but who knows....but thanks for the help Luminous
Old 05-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #334
Luminous
Cyclops

No problem.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:11 AM   #335
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
No problem.
Oh I forgot to ask you Luminous...do you have either set A or B for the G2 Devy...the reason I ask is because I don't know anyone who has one and was wondering your thoughts of it.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #336
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Oh I forgot to ask you Luminous...do you have either set A or B for the G2 Devy...the reason I ask is because I don't know anyone who has one and was wondering your thoughts of it.
I have both Set A and B. I think they're great. The paint and the plastic are top notch. Their alt modes look really good and are on the more realistic side. It really fits into the whole "Robots in disguise" theme. Their bot modes are great as well, but there are a couple of issues.

My biggest gripe comes with Mobile Crane (Hook). The giant crane is attached to his right arm, and there is no good way to conceal it. It makes posing him a little annoying. The other thing about Mobile Crane is the transformation for his shoulders. They are on really tight ratchets and it often feels like I am going to break them. Thankfully they are still fine, but I wish they weren't so difficult to transform.

There is a small problem with Dump Truck (Long Haul). He has two waist flaps that serve as his head lights as well. These flaps were installed too tight, and more often than not they will snap when transformed. Thankfully Make Toys is aware of this problem and is providing replacement parts for this figure with Set C.

Other than that I love them so far. I cannot wait to get Set C in and get this guy into gestalt mode.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #337
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
I have both Set A and B. I think they're great. The paint and the plastic are top notch. Their alt modes look really good and are on the more realistic side. It really fits into the whole "Robots in disguise" theme. Their bot modes are great as well, but there are a couple of issues.

My biggest gripe comes with Mobile Crane (Hook). The giant crane is attached to his right arm, and there is no good way to conceal it. It makes posing him a little annoying. The other thing about Mobile Crane is the transformation for his shoulders. They are on really tight ratchets and it often feels like I am going to break them. Thankfully they are still fine, but I wish they weren't so difficult to transform.

There is a small problem with Dump Truck (Long Haul). He has two waist flaps that serve as his head lights as well. These flaps were installed too tight, and more often than not they will snap when transformed. Thankfully Make Toys is aware of this problem and is providing replacement parts for this figure with Set C.

Other than that I love them so far. I cannot wait to get Set C in and get this guy into gestalt mode.
Wow thanks for the detailed review Luminous...thats alot of good info...i am happy to hear that Make Toys will be providing replacement parts for there issue like TFC did...i got the replacement shovel part that came with Neckbreaker...some of the issues you have mentioned i have read online,but its good to hear them from a fellow collector and not just random internet posts...i am getting really excited to see this guy after reading your review.One last question,do you also have the TFC Herc...the reason i ask is maybe you could share any thoughts you have about the two in comparison...or which one you like better since you almost have the complete set for the G2 Devy.TFC Herc was my first 3rd party TF...i generally only collect Masterpieces because i like the originals...but with Masterpieces,they take forever to come out and they make the same character over and over...its kinda lame,i was hoping they would come out with a Devy someday,but thats highly unlikely,i just hope to see a Soundwave and Shockwave and Galvatron one day soon from them,but after seeing TFC Herc i added another company to the list...and now possibly Make Toys as well...a lot of good stuff coming from 3rd party companies...i have given up on Hasbro...they focus alot on movie TF's...which is fine but not for me...the new cyclops shockwave from the knight morphers series is pretty nice but its not G1 accurate so i think i will pass...Thanks again for the help
Old 05-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #338
Luminous
Cyclops

I'm glad you found the information useful.

As for TFC Herc, no I don't own that piece. I haven't seen him in person but I wasn't a big fan of the rounded edges or their alt modes. I do like that Herc is nice and big, but aside from that I prefer the design of Giant.

I don't own any Masterpiece figures but I have a feeling that is going to change with the release of the Hasbro MP-10. If I like that then I am definitely going to pick up MP-11 and MP-12... whenever those come out. I'll be waiting a while, but I'm in no hurry. As for an MP Soundwave, you should try and look up the FT-02 Acoustic Wave figure designed by Fanstoys. It isn't out yet but it looks pretty damn good.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #339
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
I'm glad you found the information useful.

As for TFC Herc, no I don't own that piece. I haven't seen him in person but I wasn't a big fan of the rounded edges or their alt modes. I do like that Herc is nice and big, but aside from that I prefer the design of Giant.

I don't own any Masterpiece figures but I have a feeling that is going to change with the release of the Hasbro MP-10. If I like that then I am definitely going to pick up MP-11 and MP-12... whenever those come out. I'll be waiting a while, but I'm in no hurry. As for an MP Soundwave, you should try and look up the FT-02 Acoustic Wave figure designed by Fanstoys. It isn't out yet but it looks pretty damn good.
So you prefer the giant...thats cool,seems like alot of ppl do...he does look pretty bad a$$...Masterpiece are pretty sweet TF's...they are the best G1 accurate ones out there imo...but they are pricy compared to Hasbro released versions of pretty much the same thing...i guess its the black box that sells the MP's more than Hasbro's clear box.I have seen the MP-10...he looks pretty good,smaller scale then the origianl MP-01 Prime,and it looks more cartoon accurate to me and goes really well with MP-09 Rodimus...and the trailer is better imo compared to MP-01...so i think you might really like it.As for MP-11,well thats already out...i have that one,its Starscream with the coranation crown and cape from the TF movie in the 80's...its actually pretty nice,but alot of ppl are sick of seeing another seeker from MP...but to each there own...as for MP-12...he will be out next year,and its gonna be sideswipe...which should look very cool since he is a Lamborgini...cant wait to see him.After this post i am gonna check out the soundwave you mentioned,i hope it looks awesome,i was fortunate to get the sdcc exclusive Soundwave from Comic con a couple years back...its pretty cool cause it came with four tapes,Lazerbeak,Buzzsaw,Ravage and Ratbat...since i havent seen Ratbat in forever...i was all over it,its the only Hasbro TF i still have...alright time to go check out fansproject soundwave.Thanks again for all the info bud
Old 05-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #340
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
As for an MP Soundwave, you should try and look up the FT-02 Acoustic Wave figure designed by Fanstoys. It isn't out yet but it looks pretty damn good.
It looks awesome but starting to wondering if that is ever going to come out. They announced it last summer and still no release date???

MP-Sideswipe went up for order yesterday...pricey (although they say the price is going to drop once everything is finalized). Might have to wait for Hasbro's version.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote