Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-20-2018, 11:42 AM   #11
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
Has anybody ever wondered what is Kat's ethnicity? She looks unique for the standard video game character. I'm not complaining because I like games that are different from the norm.
Anime and video game characters tend to defy these labels. Red irises aren't something you see in people for example.

I've heard many people project on characters so Japanese see them as Japanese while whites see them as white. I fall into the latter and if I were to cast live action Kat I would likely go Australian with the light hair and tan skin.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:06 PM   #12
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Anime and video game characters tend to defy these labels. Red irises aren't something you see in people for example.

I've heard many people project on characters so Japanese see them as Japanese while whites see them as white. I fall into the latter and if I were to cast live action Kat I would likely go Australian with the light hair and tan skin.
I used to teach manga/anime and can say pretty definitively that the latter case is unique to whites (no offense) because they have a narrow view of what defines Japanese features. If one watched anime featuring Westerners, they're usually drawn with different head shapes and facial structures than the Japanese characters. The top few answers here address the issue in more detail and reference Frederik Schodt's Manga! Manga!, which is a great book.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:26 PM   #13
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Kat’s from Luxembourg.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 04:39 PM   #14
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Luxembourg is in Europe. So European it is. Maybe I thinking to hard on this. Or perhaps she is based on somebody.

The real question is how much are they going to be and when's pre-order. I assume it will be a while
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 10:52 PM   #15
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I like that these are a smaller scale, and honestly hope Prime 1 starts implementing this scale with a lot of their anime and video game pieces.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:06 PM   #16
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

These look super cool, I thought Prime 1 forgot about this license. Definitely worth the wait though.

They need to jump on NieR: Automata
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #17
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Prime 1 just posted alot of pics of Kat. She will be up for pre-order soon. Her price is $699 and confirmed 1/6 scale. Slightly disappointed that she is still that much at a smaller scale. Was expecting it to be less than that.

EX size is 350 so this version might sale out pretty quick. It's just a different portrait.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:05 AM   #18
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submissive421 View Post
Prime 1 just posted alot of pics of Kat. She will be up for pre-order soon. Her price is $699 and confirmed 1/6 scale. Slightly disappointed that she is still that much at a smaller scale. Was expecting it to be less than that.

EX size is 350 so this version might sale out pretty quick. It's just a different portrait.
Wow...that's very pricey. I was hoping a 1/6th to be around $400 range. I have to think about this.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:17 PM   #19
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

after shipping and tax that going to be close to $800. I usually don't sound the price alarm but that seems excessive for a 1/6th. Even considering the detailed environmental base. it seems a good $200 overpriced. You have to be a superfan to even consider it. It looks outstanding but wow.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:44 PM   #20
COI

Very expensive.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote