Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-12-2014, 03:35 AM   #711
richardandtracy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I like mine, but do confess the 1/6 size looks chunky next to the 1/8 'Touch of Ice'

Regards,

Richard
richardandtracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #712
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
1/6 or 1/4, Resin or PVC.. This is one statue I want. Reading the comments here, I don't know. One question is, why make one out of Resin and the other out of PVC ? - it is the 1/4 statue I want, although the 1/6 statue looks kinda coll too with it's darker skin, and more purple like hair.
For reasons I am not aware of, Yamato sculpts their 1:6 scale statues in PVC, while their 1:4 scale are resin/mixed. Perhaps they find PVC to be more manageable in smaller scale? I'm curious to know why they go that route.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #713
Markhatestoys
Justice League

My 1/4 Ritual just arrived and she looks great on my shelf. Here are my thoughts:

The pale skin on this one really makes a night and day difference when contrasted with the 1/6 version. As other posters have said though, there is no clear winner. However, next to other 1/4 statues, she will look very, very pale. I have her next to my Sideshow Buffy PF and Ritual looks--appropriately, I think--rather strange and alien next to Buffy.

Luckily the cast-off garment didn't take any of her tattoos with it. I have the same problem everyone else has trying to get the garments to close properly, but I'm displaying her topless, which makes this pretty much a non-issue. Her skirt still doesn't want to close either but she's holding the two parts of it together under her right hand which rests on her hip. I might have tried to keep the top--I've heard people say a blow-dryer helps loosen up the plastic--but I found a strange area in back that looks like it should connect with the bottom of the garment but has no obvious way of connecting. It's the part at the bottom of the loop that comes down over her left shoulder. It just...ends without connecting at all to the bottom of the garment and I have no idea why. Finally I decided to let her go topless, but I wouldn't have if she didn't have a cool tattoo over her right breast.

The left arm connects to the figure through a slot in the left shoulder/upper arm area, and I guess it's a magnet? It's not a tight fit though; I hope I don't ever have problems with it falling off.

One slight problem for me was that I found her feet/sandals to be not quite as realistic as the rest of her. Certainly nothing like how nice the Sideshow Queen of the Dead proto looks in that area, for example. But since I can't even really notice it when she sits on top of my bookcase it's a non-issue for me.

I think Ritual will fit in nicely with Sideshow's Court of the Dead and Red Sonja PF's.

I have yet to encounter a Yamato 1/4 scale as nice as Ritual so she's my only one right now. If Touch of Ice had been made in 1/4 scale I'd be all over it. Oh well...once Queen of the Dead arrives Ritual won't look so lonely.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:58 AM   #714
Vallos
Jubilee

Congrats, Mark. Ritual still is my favorite female statue!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #715
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

C'mon guys.....we all know that Luz Malefic is the best......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #716
Outhsider
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I disagree, I found Ritual the best Luis Royo statue so far.
Outhsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #717
Vallos
Jubilee

Luz really is like 1B. One can't go wrong with either, but clearly they are the best Yamato has done to date. Looking forward to Dead Moon.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:23 PM   #718
blueyell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
C'mon guys.....we all know that Luz Malefic is the best......
I'm with you, Luz is my favourate! Ritual is great too!
blueyell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:19 PM   #719
ukshaun
Hercules

..so I took the plunge, and ordered a ¼ Statue. Can’t wait for it to arrive. Sure hope no damage happens during transit.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #720
blueyell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
..so I took the plunge, and ordered a ¼ Statue. Can’t wait for it to arrive. Sure hope no damage happens during transit.
They pack the statue better than most, some type of form that no other manufacturer uses (ie, sideshow, ARH, GG, HCG). It's great, cause to get at the statue pieces, you can cut into the form, reducing the risk of taking out the statue pieces.
blueyell is offline   Reply With Quote