Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-14-2014, 11:39 PM   #41
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgdc View Post
Looking good. Just saw the new pics from the newsletter. Surprised no one has posted anything about it today.
can you or someone post pics dying to see it. i don't see any new pics?
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:43 AM   #42
qz33
Rescue

Click image for larger version

Name:	3771f1a0-f62a-45b6-8431-44ca16a6ff54.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	87702
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:59 AM   #43
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Sorry but that's probably the weakest pose PCS has done to date...
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:03 AM   #44
DarkMario616
Kindly Asked To Leave

I thought so too. Looks like he's about to throw a snowball.
DarkMario616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:22 AM   #45
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMario616 View Post
I thought so too. Looks like he's about to throw a snowball.
Lol that's probably the idea I really like the look of it, i imagine once it's on the base and more importantly painted it's going to look stunning! Also cannot wait to see what the EX will be.

I also don't know why a few people are automatically dismissing MK9 SubZero on seeing this...

The MK9 SubZero is very much a modern representation of him in a more klassic style ( like all MK9 costumes ). The pose, ice ball and sword effects, and the switch out heads still have me giddy with excitement and i can't wait to match him up with Scorpion, who lets face it has been alone for a while now lol.

It was a badass statue when it was first shown and it still is now!

I love the MKX design of Subz but it's a very different design and a step away from the Klassic look of the MK9 costume into something much darker and different, especially when you look at his head and mask.

I was a little disappointing it was Sub Zero again and not someone else but i'm still super hype about it and can't wait to see him finished!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:00 AM   #46
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

The thing is, i feel like this is rushed. Me personally will not get excited about a statue from a game that isnt out yet. If they make the PO before the games release, i really donno how many people are gonna jump over this. They should let the game come out first so the players get familiar with the character instead of pushing it out so fast just cuz he is Sub-Zero.
WickedlNl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:17 AM   #47
MrYac
Hercules

It's sub zero how much more attatched does anybody need to get to him?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 02:21 AM   #48
ryuhayabusa6787

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
agreed no need to play the game to own him. the sculpt, paint job, pose will speak for itself.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:27 AM   #49
ryuhayabusa6787

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Lol that's probably the idea I really like the look of it, i imagine once it's on the base and more importantly painted it's going to look stunning! Also cannot wait to see what the EX will be.

I also don't know why a few people are automatically dismissing MK9 SubZero on seeing this...

The MK9 SubZero is very much a modern representation of him in a more klassic style ( like all MK9 costumes ). The pose, ice ball and sword effects, and the switch out heads still have me giddy with excitement and i can't wait to match him up with Scorpion, who lets face it has been alone for a while now lol.

It was a badass statue when it was first shown and it still is now!

I love the MKX design of Subz but it's a very different design and a step away from the Klassic look of the MK9 costume into something much darker and different, especially when you look at his head and mask.

I was a little disappointing it was Sub Zero again and not someone else but i'm still super hype about it and can't wait to see him finished!
since mortal kombat 2 scorpion was my number 1 ninja sub being 2nd reptile being 3rd but when sub zero came in mk 9, his costume blew me away and now i like sub more then scorpion. that costume is just out of this world. i can't believe it was the reason i changed alliances. i also think secretly that i dismissed scorpion cause everyone else loved him to much including ed boon. ah who knows if thats the real reason either way subs costume is one of the best for modern mk and the mkx costume is great as well.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:41 AM   #50
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Because its not a point to have every iteration of Sub-Zero ever made. You buy these statues based on being a fan and so far nobody has any connection to this game yet. Unless you are a hoarder who just buys stuff because its MK no matter what. Also not even half the roster has been shown yet, maybe people would rather have someone else than sub-zero for the 10th time.
WickedlNl is offline   Reply With Quote