Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-21-2006, 04:18 PM   #11
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
I'm with you there. My sound setups are definitely not ideal or even close. I've got a Bose 321 surround system on my 50 inch set. The room is a weird shape and doesn't lend itself to a 5 or 6 speaker set up and I wasn't looking to run cables all over the place or through the walls at this point. I will say that the 321, to this amateur, does an admirable job and will do for now.

My wife did not want any additional equipment in our BR with the Bravia so that one is basically the TV speakers which aren't bad at all. I came up with my own personal (and somewhat pricey) sound solution. I splurged on a set of AKG Hearo 999 digital wireless surround headphones. Awesome sound.
I'm in the same boat at the moment with my room set up. Since I have my computer there, with a 21" CRT Trinitron, I picked up some cheap but great quality Creative 7.1 Speaker system. And the wirework with that is a mess on it's own.
I have to say those Bose 3-2-1's are VERY nice, I like how loud they can get. My old man did the same setup, and is quite happy with it in his bedroom, and quite loud they can get without losing any quality.
I might go the same way eventually for my room. The living room would be another story...
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:36 PM   #12
Primal
Batman

Nothing.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:37 PM   #13
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal
Nothing.
loser.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:45 PM   #14
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Arrow

Quote:
It's a great movie and that much better on HD DVD.
I know its a great movie Zurby.. Hmmmm... Maybe its time for an HD upgrade....

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 11:45 AM   #15
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

I just read that Superman Returns will be released on both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray on November 28th
Old 08-24-2006, 12:28 PM   #16
Primal
Batman

Quote:
loser.
Saying it with a smiley makes it feel so much better.
Thanx.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:00 PM   #17
Ghost

My Best Buy around here is a mess right now. They did have an opened box Sony Bravia for $999. I'm sure like you guys said it might be talked down a bit. I took at look at the Toshiba HD-A1, looks bulky. Will all HD and Blu Ray players be big out of curiosity? I liked it though. I didn't bother looking for the TVs cause like I said it looks like they're moving stuff around, they had the HD players mixed in with regular SD and BR players on a rack.

I dunno if anyones' tried but is it possible to hang a flat like screen from the ceiling? You know how they have those wall anchors for standard tube screens? That or firmly installing it on my ceiling so when I look up in bed I can see whatever I want
Old 08-24-2006, 01:51 PM   #18
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Ghost, sounds like my Best Buy. It's a mess because they are setting up one of those Magnolia areas. Yes the HD-A1 is definitely bulky. Supposedly Toshiba is taking a loss on these units something which is unheard of outside the Gaming and PC arenas. I've been checking in on some HD forums and a lot of the early adopters are claiming that these machines are extremely well built. They claim that the next generation is where Toshiba and the other manufacturers will skimp on the players buildwise to make their profits. Toshiba is definitely standing behind their product as they have already released something like 4 firmware upgrades since the players have been put on sale and the upgrades do seem to be addressing the issues that are pointed out. They player does take a long time to start up and load. The remote definitely sucks. But damn does it do a beautiful job with HD DVDs and upconversions on the SD DVDs.

I don't know about a ceiling mount but I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't come out with one. I seem to recall seeing one someone. There are a couple of online retailers that specialize in mounts and stands for the newer generation of tv. Check out StandsandCarts.com. But do you really want a ceiling mount? get a wall mount and put it higher up on the wall then you might otherwise. Might be a bit more versatile then just lying in bed and looking straight up.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #19
Ghost

Haha true, when I originally said ceiling mount was just to have it hang down, still in it's upright position. But yeah the wall mount would be idea, I just have to rethink my setup at the moment. All walls have kinda been taken, and the bits that are bare are in bad spots. I'll figure something out. It does seem like Toshiba is behind this baby 100% of the way which is very good.
I also think they're kind of in a mess because I just heard they're opening a new department for just music instruments more like guitars and what not. Guess they want in on the Guitar Center and Sam Ash cashola.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:20 PM   #20
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Haha true, when I originally said ceiling mount was just to have it hang down, still in it's upright position. But yeah the wall mount would be idea, I just have to rethink my setup at the moment. All walls have kinda been taken, and the bits that are bare are in bad spots. I'll figure something out. It does seem like Toshiba is behind this baby 100% of the way which is very good.
I didn't think you wanted it flush on the ceiling but I couldn't be 100% sure with you. I'm pretty sure I've seem some wire type mounts which work of the ceiling. You have to check around and see what's out there.