Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 07-23-2023, 03:50 AM   #261
mckinster
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
Any idea why the delays?
I'm hoping it has something to do with fixing the crack issue, but who knows. I'm not sure how fast they typically take to produce a full run. There's still a waitlist available on SS so there's probably more that haven't shipped.
mckinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 09:22 AM   #262
darren1228
Zot

I recently saw a collection update on YouTube and this collector received an initially perfect piece…after a couple of years the jaw cracks have developed as well. Such a gut punch. Mine is boxed up but I just know it’ll be a matter of time before it breaks…ughhh
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 03:14 PM   #263
azurepred
Zot

I'm pretty sure my old one was fine for at least a few days before I noticed any cracking. That's nuts that they still developed years after the fact. It's really hard to trust QS after some of their major blunders on very high priced pieces.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 05:59 PM   #264
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I'm pretty sure my old one was fine for at least a few days before I noticed any cracking. That's nuts that they still developed years after the fact. It's really hard to trust QS after some of their major blunders on very high priced pieces.
It's certainly not good.

But given that they have a catalogue of over a hundred licenced pieces, I don't think their failure rate is that bad.

Of course one is too many, but unfortunately these things happen from time to time. Whether that's leaning statues, breakage points during shipping, and deteriorating fabrics and materials. And that's to say nothing of the eventual paint differentiations.

And if you include variants/deluxes/InArt their catalogue is probably closer to 150 pieces.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:27 AM   #265
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
It's certainly not good.

But given that they have a catalogue of over a hundred licenced pieces, I don't think their failure rate is that bad.

Of course one is too many, but unfortunately these things happen from time to time. Whether that's leaning statues, breakage points during shipping, and deteriorating fabrics and materials. And that's to say nothing of the eventual paint differentiations.

And if you include variants/deluxes/InArt their catalogue is probably closer to 150 pieces.
It's an easier gamble if you're buying through a great retailer like SS because they will either get you a replacement or you can easily send it back for a quick and painless return. It's just such a pain with any of these smaller retailers.
Old 02-13-2024, 03:22 AM   #266
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
It's an easier gamble if you're buying through a great retailer like SS because they will either get you a replacement or you can easily send it back for a quick and painless return. It's just such a pain with any of these smaller retailers.
Just one reason Sideshow is #1
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 05:45 AM   #267
SDguy

These situations are when Spec Fiction really shines though. I'd personally rather have a piece professionally repaired (which they do) instead of risking a replacement, which in this case, isn't a good option, as we've all seen.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 12:34 AM   #268
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Just one reason Sideshow is #1
Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
These situations are when Spec Fiction really shines though. I'd personally rather have a piece professionally repaired (which they do) instead of risking a replacement, which in this case, isn't a good option, as we've all seen.
I'm fairly certain QS didn't even offer any replacements for this one. What a poop show.
Old 02-14-2024, 03:18 AM   #269
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Indeed

I'm fairly certain QS didn't even offer any replacements for this one. What a poop show.
Queen didn't. Not sure how the Spec repairs went regarding fees for shipping back and forth and the service.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 04:40 AM   #270
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Queen didn't. Not sure how the Spec repairs went regarding fees for shipping back and forth and the service.
Once with Sugo, for one of my minor paint issues, they asked me to find someone to fix it and they'll reimburse me, and I think they implied they would get reimbursed by Queen.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote