Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-08-2023, 02:05 PM   #531
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Still just too small. I get for a lotta people this will be all the He-man they want but for those of us invested/investing in the 1/5 line it is a kick in the teeth that we will have no Battle cat and nostalgic He-Man to match with all the others.

Teeweterhead always goes small but no way 1/5 and 1/6 are as different financially as they are visually. Tweeterhead should have done it to match in 1/5 or at least the option in larger scales.

This is a centerpiece not a side piece.
i know the piece is smaller than you would like but i think it's a perfect size and scale.

The diorama display of Skeletor vs He-Man on their cats will be a centerpiece-level display.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 02:23 PM   #532
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i know the piece is smaller than you would like but i think it's a perfect size and scale.

The diorama display of Skeletor vs He-Man on their cats will be a centerpiece-level display.
For those that are mainly interested in just the cat dios for sure. It just doesn't look right with all the others.

With a successful 1K ES sold out piece at least the option to spend more for a matching or larger scale would have been nice. I don't think it should have only been offered in a huge scale Gladly pay more to get this masterpiece in the size of their lifesize busts which I own

If this statue wasn't so well done I would not care.
The art direction and adherence to the source inspiration are perfect.
Glad you are happy with your acquisition!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 06:10 PM   #533
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
For those that are mainly interested in just the cat dios for sure. It just doesn't look right with all the others.

With a successful 1K ES sold out piece at least the option to spend more for a matching or larger scale would have been nice. I don't think it should have only been offered in a huge scale Gladly pay more to get this masterpiece in the size of their lifesize busts which I own

If this statue wasn't so well done I would not care.
The art direction and adherence to the source inspiration are perfect.
Glad you are happy with your acquisition!
I don’t think this classic style fits with the legends line anyway, so it seems a good choice to go 1/6 given the size of battlecat/panthor.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 07:11 PM   #534
aadroban
Birdman

Mine just arrived. I got #226 out of 1000. I ordered it when it was listed as Almost Sold Out on SS . . so probably this was a first batch of around 250. Not sure which other sites are also selling this statue.
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 07:30 PM   #535
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
I don?t think this classic style fits with the legends line anyway, so it seems a good choice to go 1/6 given the size of battlecat/panthor.
Is the aesthetic the same? No. Is the aesthetic and source material really that different? No.
Many people would prefer this version of He-Man in their collection versus the He-Boy version of the bust made into a full statue. People are pickier on their He-Man. If they'd done 1/5 at least people would have an option.

The difference in physical dimensions between 1/6 and 1/5 are negligible. 20%, were only talking +- 5 inches in length and height and 3.33 inches in width.
The perception of the 2 beside each other especially with different sized characters is huge.
These displayed with the legends line will not look right. We were THIS close to having a beloved He-Man AND Battlecat that at least could be displayed with the Legends and lots of folks would have! But oh well maybe that's a reason why they made this small.

Even just the presence and impact. Size matters no matter what she tells you. Just as there's a sure reason the Legends statues are 1/5 instead of 1/4 which is a compromise of cost and space but mostly cost. There's a totally opposing different reason they aren't 1/6.
People go on and on about the cats but these 2 together as is are no where near as big as the busts and at 1/5 they would take near the same volume. Why not make the busts smaller? Why not 1/2, 1/5, or 1/6? They'd be cheaper and take less display space! But I would not have purchased any either.

Tweeterhead is smart to offer their DC stuff in 1/6 and 1/4. I can see not going only 1/5, but is there a reason my preference of a similar option could not be offered here with this having sold 1K pieces at release?
Old 09-08-2023, 07:31 PM   #536
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadroban View Post
Mine just arrived. I got #226 out of 1000. I ordered it when it was listed as Almost Sold Out on SS . . so probably this was a first batch of around 250. Not sure which other sites are also selling this statue.
I've seen 4XX but I haven't seen anything above 500 yet.

Also apparently no batches

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I can confirm (from Chad) that all 1000 pieces were produced.
Old 09-09-2023, 12:42 AM   #537
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
The difference in physical dimensions between 1/6 and 1/5 are negligible. 20%, were only talking +- 5 inches in length and height and 3.33 inches in width.
+5" in length, +5" in height, and +3.3" width is not "negligible" imho. And:

-more weight
-larger box (already very large by reports)
-more space needed for display
-(potentially) more engineering concerns due to pose
-more cost

Likely reducing the buyer pool.

And, Tweeterhead probably want two lines, the modernised 1/5 scale and the classic 1/6 scale, and some buyers will get both.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 02:20 AM   #538
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
+5" in length, +5" in height, and +3.3" width is not "negligible" imho. And:

-more weight
-larger box (already very large by reports)
-more space needed for display
-(potentially) more engineering concerns due to pose
-more cost

Likely reducing the buyer pool.

And, Tweeterhead probably want two lines, the modernised 1/5 scale and the classic 1/6 scale, and some buyers will get both.
Yes which is why my preference is the option which I thought I made clear. Everything the same with the 1/6 economy class and then a bigger scale for those that wanted to go larger for a premium. Very negligible for collectors accustomed to 1/3,s and lifesize busts who are also fans enough of the He-Man franchise. Also worthwhile because Tweeterhead had a winning design.

And yeah Tweeterhead might want 2 "lines" but even just Skeletor/Panthor at best will be out all but 2 years from now. By that point most will have packed up their bags and left interest in either line.
Old 09-09-2023, 03:43 PM   #539
BurningRage
The Maxx

On waitlist
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 05:03 PM   #540
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
On waitlist
Damn. I may have ordered the last one. Had a few beers last night and caught a bit of a buzz, opened up statue forum and saw this was in hand, so I went to SS and saw the almost gone so pulled the trigger. Not sure if I hadnt been drinking I'd have done it, as I have 3 He-Man pieces already. Anyway, thank you beer!
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote