Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-21-2018, 07:40 PM   #451
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Are people not liking this now or something? The vibe in here seems different.

Still looks like one of Sideshow's best ever to me. Epic in every way.
I agree. Unlike some of my past pieces... i feel like if i buy this, this will be the supreme thor for some time.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:25 AM   #452
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Are people not liking this now or something? The vibe in here seems different.

Still looks like one of Sideshow's best ever to me. Epic in every way.
When this first got revealed, it seemed like there was no way this could not be one of the all time SDCC show stealers.

Yet, here we are one day left, and while it's been praised and people have been complimentary and many impressed, it doesn't seem to have truly blown that many away. You can tell by the amount of pics posted, video taken, and chatter in this thread.

Compare the reaction of this to the reactions to the various Red Sonjas in years past. It's simply not to the same level of excitement or fascination which seems odd considering how much more complex and visceral this one is.

Reaction is almost 100% positive yet, it doesn't seem to be the statue everyone wants to or can't stop talking about.

I've already stated why I think the response seems a little muted compared to how impressive this should be.

People here don't agree with that assessment. That's fine.

Maybe it's just price? People are expecting this to be out of consideration expensive, so rather than cop an attitude of "I'll do whatever I can to afford it" they think "Likely too expensive, I'm out. No need to think about something I can't/won't have".

Whatever it is, it just doesn't seem to be the showstopper I'd imagined it would be.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:30 AM   #453
SONICobra
Batman

Im still blown away, im still taken back at how faithful this is to the character and how the pose while very dynamic looks great from all angles and doesnt look awkward in any way. Hands down my favorite 1/4 scale piece shown at sdcc and if it werent for batman who laughs i would say best in show overall
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:57 AM   #454
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Ok I’ll tell ya what . When I get mine and pose him with my new hulk buster from XM and few other choice pieces I’m getting my vision will be fulfilled as perfect Thor. The interaction with my other pieces will be undeniable. I can’t wait

I don’t need reactions from forums or shows to dictate my collecting anyways. I don’t play follow the leader . It’s my hobby for me!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:06 AM   #455
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Saw this at SDCC in person, the piece is epic. Having owned OG, new PF, and XM this may be the one Thor I end up keeping in my collection. The dynamic pose and story that it tells is captivating. The proportions are great, and fabric cape does not take away from the piece. If production = proto this is going to be a home run.
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:17 AM   #456
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
When this first got revealed, it seemed like there was no way this could not be one of the all time SDCC show stealers.

Yet, here we are one day left, and while it's been praised and people have been complimentary and many impressed, it doesn't seem to have truly blown that many away. You can tell by the amount of pics posted, video taken, and chatter in this thread.

Compare the reaction of this to the reactions to the various Red Sonjas in years past. It's simply not to the same level of excitement or fascination which seems odd considering how much more complex and visceral this one is.

Reaction is almost 100% positive yet, it doesn't seem to be the statue everyone wants to or can't stop talking about.

I've already stated why I think the response seems a little muted compared to how impressive this should be.

People here don't agree with that assessment. That's fine.

Maybe it's just price? People are expecting this to be out of consideration expensive, so rather than cop an attitude of "I'll do whatever I can to afford it" they think "Likely too expensive, I'm out. No need to think about something I can't/won't have".

Whatever it is, it just doesn't seem to be the showstopper I'd imagined it would be.
For me, psylocke rogue and x 23 stole a lot of the thunder i had for thor, still plan on buying him though.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:51 AM   #457
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
For me, psylocke rogue and x 23 stole a lot of the thunder i had for thor, still plan on buying him though.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:10 AM   #458
UTDWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I’ve paid the NRD and two months worth of payment on the new Batman PF, is it possible to transfer it to this piece when it goes available for pre-order or will I still lose my NRD?

I like Batman but seeing this Thor statue made me realise how I should be feeling about a statue before buying. I can’t afford to get things that I’m not 100% certain on. I am 100% sure I want this, not so much with Batman (possibly down to the abuse I read on this forum)
UTDWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:26 AM   #459
Nebulhym
The X-Men

The fabric cape makes it a PASS for me.

It's a great statue, but Thor being my favorite character, there is NO WAY IN HEL (see what i did ) my statues of him wear a fabric cape. That would make me UNWORTHY.

Nobody messes with the God of thunder, sorry
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #460
fsdre
Mephisto

Should have his preview page on Tuesday
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote