Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-24-2020, 04:50 PM   #51
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Maybe things haven't gone his way and he doesn't want to publicise the fact.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 05:07 PM   #52
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Lebou View Post
Maybe things haven't gone his way and he doesn't want to publicise the fact.
If whatever it was was sorted in his favour, he would have posted.
If whatever it was was not sorted, maybe he cannot say anything, even if he wanted to.
What was it that needed addressing?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:51 PM   #53
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
I wish we knew. No idea how to find out.
I did a court Record Search for Jerry's last name in the 8th District Court of Las Vegas clerk of courts online records. Nada.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 06:02 PM   #54
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I would like to formally challenge Jerry to a kickboxing match!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:03 PM   #55
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
Completely disagree. The new company is putting some exciting pieces that nobody makes. As a matter of fact they put out several grails already. And they are adquring licenses like Escape from New York or Mad Max that no other company does. It's a dream having statues like that in 1/3 scale. Their Capcom stuff is fantastic now, etcetera.
Grails that’s rich lol.

There 1/4 should be $400-450
1/3 should be $700-$750

They are still so far away from the big players in the game.

Just because you make the statue big doesn’t mean you should think that qualifies you to price things the same as your competitors.

For example look at their sagat 1/3 vs ss sabertooth 1/4. There’s no comparison in terms of craftsmanship, paint apps, pose, etc. that 1/4 has so much more packed into a punch then that big 1/3.

If SS wasn’t carrying them I truly believe they would be out of business or on the same boat as Chronicle
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:31 AM   #56
ozboy
Birdman

There's no factory going to manufacture decent quality statues for the 2012 prices you're listing... PCS is in competition not just for your money but also for factories to make their stuff.
Personally I can't split the quality of a PCS statue from any of their competitors.
Yes - prices are ridiculous across the board to the point few statues recollect RRP in the aftermarket anymore but the only option really is to either buy it or don't - because you can't change the situation just the way you feel about it.
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:41 AM   #57
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Grails that’s rich lol.

There 1/4 should be $400-450
1/3 should be $700-$750

They are still so far away from the big players in the game.

Just because you make the statue big doesn’t mean you should think that qualifies you to price things the same as your competitors.

For example look at their sagat 1/3 vs ss sabertooth 1/4. There’s no comparison in terms of craftsmanship, paint apps, pose, etc. that 1/4 has so much more packed into a punch then that big 1/3.

If SS wasn’t carrying them I truly believe they would be out of business or on the same boat as Chronicle
You chose Sideshow to compare terms of product quality??
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 09:03 AM   #58
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I thought that was funny too. I would never use Sideshow as an example of quality, especially when compared to many other companies right now. They continue to be relevant only through brand recognition and aggressively holding onto licenses and distribution rights, but their products are so much worse than the competitors.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 01:08 PM   #59
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I thought that was funny too. I would never use Sideshow as an example of quality, especially when compared to many other companies right now. They continue to be relevant only through brand recognition and aggressively holding onto licenses and distribution rights, but their products are so much worse than the competitors.
I can only speak from my personal experience, so take this for what it’s worth.

All the pieces I have from SS are fantastic. My most recent being SS Logan.

The Daniel Bell sculpture and art direction on that statue is magnificent. The paint apps, flesh tones and blue vein is flawless, and rival the paint on and of the Hot Toys pieces in my collection.

I’ve also been extremely pleased with their customer service, and really appreciated when they stepped in and gave me SS credit for all of the PCS preorders I canceled at the time.

Is SS perfect? No. But as a rule I always prefer their art direction and execution over XM and Prime one.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 04:16 PM   #60
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I will praise Sideshow for how they handled PCS, yes. One day my account had a bunch of credit on it and that was it. I know the guy with the mario picture is just waiting for an opportunity to post his daily rant on not getting his money, but SS treated me well in that matter.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote