Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #391
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I’m well aware that OG Hulk is based on Kirby art and it’s old but what collectors won’t tell you is that they are defending its price tag which is between 5K Canadian for green and more for grey. They can’t handle the fact just like og venom comiquette prices will drop and the new XM is just a superior product .

For years I took a punt in having a stance that Kirby art for me was terrible and same with that awkward statue . Now I purchased XM which I’m every way is superior there are those who still knock it??? Thats why I write these posts so trolls from other sites can read the truth or my opinion on the matter .
5K for the green? Geez, I was thinking of selling mine for 2K Cdn.

As much as I love my SS OG Hulk, I would take this piece over it any day. What raw emotion. The anatomy is one of the best and love the color of green and brown on Hulk. With so many Hulks on the market, legit and customs, going for crazy money even if they look like crap, this is worth every penny of the asking price with shipping.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 09:52 AM   #392
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

The price quotes are sales I’ve seen on eBay wether this OG Hulk gets that price all the time I don’t know . I collect I’m not crazy concerned on value but for that kind of money I’d want the best.

Another Hulk that seldom gets pooled into the 1/4 conversations that imo is one best is the Hulk vs Spiderman diorama by SS. That representation is one of the best out there from his size to pose . I’m currently chasing this one and it’s proving to be very difficult to get as people prob feel the same way I do about the piece.

XM Hulk is such a well thought out and executed piece from the base to the Hulk itself. All angles look ferocious and he’s finally the first one piece seamless Hulk I’ve been waiting for
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:14 AM   #393
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
The price quotes are sales I’ve seen on eBay wether this OG Hulk gets that price all the time I don’t know . I collect I’m not crazy concerned on value but for that kind of money I’d want the best.

Another Hulk that seldom gets pooled into the 1/4 conversations that imo is one best is the Hulk vs Spiderman diorama by SS. That representation is one of the best out there from his size to pose . I’m currently chasing this one and it’s proving to be very difficult to get as people prob feel the same way I do about the piece.

XM Hulk is such a well thought out and executed piece from the base to the Hulk itself. All angles look ferocious and he’s finally the first one piece seamless Hulk I’ve been waiting for
See, interestingly I have the regular hulk v Spidey Dio and found a lot less interest for trading it in the UK, possible because of its size more than anything else, but it is a great piece in itself, again divisive because of Hulk's face.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #394
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I love that piece . I like to mix a match sizes in my collections for variety. I sent you Pm.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:49 AM   #395
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
I love that piece . I like to mix a match sizes in my collections for variety. I sent you Pm.
i'm struggling at the moment, I stopped collecting Sideshow around 2014 due to a lot of QC issues, moved house and realised I had too many pieces to display so decided to trade for some of the newer stuff, specifically Prime 1. They are massive and make a lot of my OG stuff look paltry in comparison, so figuring out a great way to display them all is a mission :-)
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:29 PM   #396
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
This is without question THE best Hulk statue to date in my eyes. If I was a die hard fan it’d be an easy purchase for me as the definitive representation of the character.
My sentiments exactly .......
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:30 PM   #397
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Both hulks are great IMO but the XM has one thing that that the OG and other fan art statues don't have: An AMAZING bruce banner sculpt.

I'm getting this mainly for that reason because i'm not a huge hulk fan. But this statue tells an amazing story and executes it perfectly.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:28 PM   #398
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
Both hulks are great IMO but the XM has one thing that that the OG and other fan art statues don't have: An AMAZING bruce banner sculpt.

I'm getting this mainly for that reason because i'm not a huge hulk fan. But this statue tells an amazing story and executes it perfectly.
I totally agree but not only do we get a Bruce Banner sculpt....... we get one in a quarter scale ,
Old 09-21-2018, 08:02 PM   #399
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
I totally agree but not only do we get a Bruce Banner sculpt....... we get one in a quarter scale ,
And who knows if we'll ever see another 1/4 Banner statue again.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:21 PM   #400
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
And who knows if we'll ever see another 1/4 Banner statue again.
I agree.....I do not think we will..