Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-18-2018, 03:33 PM   #301
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
So yeah, the DCEU people don't have to emulate Marvel; they just have to hire the animation people to work on their live-action stuff.
Animation and Live action films are two different beasts. For the latter, DC truly needs to watch and learn.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:26 PM   #302
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Love this trailer. The visuals look good and the music score was excellent. Nice first trailer, Marvel!
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:41 PM   #303
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Her squeaky girly voice doesn't help with the tough imagine they're trying to portray... That aside the trailer didn't look to bad...

I've got to admit I did think the same thing while watching this trailer...it was just a little bit distracting, but still this looks really good. Very excited and hopeful for this movie. I love the Marvel cosmic universe and would love to see Gladiator, the Imperial Guard and the Shi'ar in the MCU.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:20 PM   #304
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
I've got to admit I did think the same thing while watching this trailer...it was just a little bit distracting, but still this looks really good. Very excited and hopeful for this movie. I love the Marvel cosmic universe and would love to see Gladiator, the Imperial Guard and the Shi'ar in the MCU.
Just a matter of time now. Thank goodness for the acquisition. I can't imagine how badly Fox would have mangled Kallark.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:30 AM   #305
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Just a matter of time now. Thank goodness for the acquisition. I can't imagine how badly Fox would have mangled Kallark.
I'm just hoping Fox hasn't slapped some version of Gladiator together to put on display in their slapped together 2nd attempt at my favorite comic book storyline, the incredible Dark Phoenix Saga. I wish Disney/Marvel would just pull the plug on this latest attempt and have it be a direct to video release or dump it all together.

Captain Marvel does look good so far!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:35 AM   #306
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
I wish Disney/Marvel would just pull the plug on this latest attempt and have it be a direct to video release or dump it all together.
They can't because the merger hasn't been approved by all relevant governing bodies yet.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:02 PM   #307
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

The old lady she punched had more expression on her face than Reeeeee Larson has EVER had in her entire LIFE. Why she looks 45 when she's only 28 is kinda weird. I am pretty sure she's actually a robot with her non human emoting...even when her brain's getting fried in the one scene she has the same dumb vacant stare. It's unreal. The one scene where she's swinging...her face....totally emotionless.
Having her punch an old lady too in the trailer when normies who watch these movies but don't read comics and know nothing about Skrulls is a poor decision.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #308
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
The old lady she punched had more expression on her face than Reeeeee Larson has EVER had in her entire LIFE. Why she looks 45 when she's only 28 is kinda weird. I am pretty sure she's actually a robot with her non human emoting...even when her brain's getting fried in the one scene she has the same dumb vacant stare. It's unreal. The one scene where she's swinging...her face....totally emotionless.
Having her punch an old lady too in the trailer when normies who watch these movies but don't read comics and know nothing about Skrulls is a poor decision.
I think showing the lady get punched was great publicity but it does ruin it for the actual movie.

Idiots today basically have to be shown a summary of an entire movie save the ending to be enticed to go see a movie. I've about given up on trailers.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:04 AM   #309
ukshaun
Hercules

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:45 PM   #310
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Speculation: Capt. Carol Danvers, callsign “Marvel” (aka Capt. Marvel) is abducted by Yon-Rogg (Jude Law) during a flight test. Carol is experimented on and with her memory wiped, she is given the Kree name Mar-Vell and conscripted in to the Star Force. Note the one EW image of Carl in the F-15 has the name and callsign Photoshopped out (or just not added). Marvel Studios wants Capt. Marvel to be a strong female character and having her taking the name after a male superhero (as in the comics) doesn’t work with that idea. Plus there’s no time to establish a different Capt. Marvel as the focus has to be on Carol. Therefore, Carol is the one and only Mar-Vell in the MCU. The EW images of Photon shows her name and callsign on the F-15. I presume only one F1-5 was available for filming and the names were added in post.

jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote