Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #241
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Given SS is pretty much selling everyone else's statues, I have to wonder if they're planning on scaling back their own statues... Wouldn't surprise me 5 years from now if SS was only doing sales for other companies and nothing else..
LOL!! you wanna put some money on that?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:19 PM   #242
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

As long as some people make a lot of money they will keep buying.The lesser fortunate that can't afford will be left behind.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:16 AM   #243
Spam Filter
The Herculoids

Yes, but they are not buying collector's items, they are buying expensive luxuries.
It's like the assortment of handbags my wife has, they are expensive, some more expensive than my statues, and neither of us has any delusions that we will make money off them. We feel the same way about my statues.
Spam Filter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:54 PM   #244
Comicbookguy
Hercules

At these new higher prices 600.00 to 1300.00 for a pf, prices are about the same now for a pf to a 1:3 statue. It's getting out of hand. I'm sure the majority has less and less po's and is buying less from 2-3 years ago. The sales will slow these companies down in time, having less sales will hit them. Some will not po, and buy for less later taking advantage of those who purges for every new item. I now have 2-3 orders compared to 15 plus 2 years ago. You can all see the ES starting to drop on many that doesn't sell. And there's tons of stuff that doesn't move with so much to choose from. Popular characters are being made so many times that product is flooding the markets. With these high prices and not liking many of the female faces coming out from SS over and over. I may start to stop trying to complete lines now. Time to buy less and also buy a few 1:3 now that prices is about the same overall. crazy how a 1:4 has gone near the price of a 1:3. Buy 2 of the ss pf and its the same or more than a p1 1:3. I will cut my collection down and have less now. With that said I do love the p1 supergirl! A great art germ face and finally no more crying over every supergirl ss makes. They just can't get it right on that character.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:21 AM   #245
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
With that said I do love the p1 supergirl! A great art germ face and finally no more crying over every supergirl ss makes. They just can't get it right on that character.
I actually like the new SS Supergirl and both heads (just not the price and uncertainty over whether there'll be another Batgirl). I don't like the P1 Supergirl's eyes.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:04 AM   #246
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I actually like the new SS Supergirl and both heads (just not the price and uncertainty over whether there'll be another Batgirl). I don't like the P1 Supergirl's eyes.
I like the new supergirl by ss as well. Was going to get it but not anymore. The p1 is my liking much more even though I like the ss supergirl with two heads. This p1 one I love it! So good looking imo. Besides p1 usually listens if fans complain. They will revise it a bit if the outcry is bad enough unlike ss. but fans seems to love it more than they don't. Also getting sick of the ss cosplay and change of hair portraits. For the ever increasing prices thats so wrong and lazy for fans. Then the Psylocke and rogue portrait debacle is another issue for trying to complete a line, making it even worse for me when I don't love it but want to buy it just to have it in the collection which would make no sense. Time to collect less now. Feels good in a way and a sign of relief at these insane newer growing prices. My days of completing a line is now over. Absolutely love the p1 Harley with the 2 different heads and the multiple awesome poses. Sad thing is these new ss pf's are about the same prices now. if not then 2 will be the same. I rather have one superior version than 2-3 ok version of a character when prices is close to the same. Sorry back on topic now. Got carried away by the p1 bigger better faces, bases, extra switch outs etc. Imagine when p1 makes a black widow or Wonder Woman. ;D
Old 09-22-2018, 02:17 AM   #247
Gothamite
Phoenix

Lol, I guess I'm lucky, I always preferred smaller scales anyway. I almost bought SS Huntress and SS Batwoman but ultimately realized that I would like only half of SS's DC female lineup due to the fishnet grooves and odd face sculpts.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:53 PM   #248
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Lol, I guess I'm lucky, I always preferred smaller scales anyway. I almost bought SS Huntress and SS Batwoman but ultimately realized that I would like only half of SS's DC female lineup due to the fishnet grooves and odd face sculpts.
I have to agree with this. I'm so frustrated with then art direction of the female head sculpts. It's not bad. But definitely not what most is happy with. Lots of drama over them and it's just not worth it anymore. I wanted almost all the ss females b ut was disappointed over and over again with the portraits. Now I just crossed out 30-40 pf's on my want list including the many I was going to buy later on. No need for the new maquette coming out anymore either.
Now with the extra money I will venture into a few p1 pieces. Less is more now for me. p1 has the fans blown away at the moment. That's what collecting should be like. Products that is so good that makes us wanted even when we tried to stay away. Simply mind blowing products p1 is doing now. Lost this with most sideshow products for me. Imagine when p1 does a 1:3 wonder woman, Big Barda, eventually hopefully a marvel license! I want to see them do a rogue, Psylocke, and x-23!
Old 09-23-2018, 12:19 AM   #249
tonytiger
The X-Men

We could over look on some of the choices that sideshow is making but not at these prices..Really kind of Sad seeing the direction this hobby is going..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #250
aa909
The Green Hornet

Mark this post:

12-18 months into the next normal recession and 75% of the statues released in the last 2-3 years can be had for 50% off original retail price on the FB BST groups.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote