Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 08-30-2017, 06:10 PM   #161
Pendragon3000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
The original ES was 300 each. The factory agreed to lower and make that amount, otherwise it would have been cancelled.
We need Ra to complete the set. Make it happen Paul, please.
Pendragon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:00 PM   #162
Choopie
Birdman

Despite the reduction in the ES, I'm happy to hear that the set sold through. At least collectors will get a nice piece of Stargate memorabilia. I wanted Anubis bad. I even had the space set aside for him, but the price was just higher than I could justify for 1:2 scale. I'm still upset about it, but you can't get everything. I don't think it's that Stargate isn't popular, I think Paul was just dealing with a scale not popular with buyers and the price point turned a lot of people off. Too bad, as they are nice pieces.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:08 PM   #163
bradjk1
Fantastic Four

I would have LOVED to have ordered these - I just couldn't afford them. I agree that Stargate can still sell well with the right product at the right price point...for example, 1/6 scale statues of these characters at $300 each like Tweeterhead is doing with D.C.
bradjk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 09:19 PM   #164
thedarkknight77

I disagree. I don't think Stargate is as popular as you all seem to think. It's a long lost franchise. Sure there are those of us that loved the movie and thought it was ahead of its time, but it was not a legacy movie or TV show. Either way, I am happy these were made and glad that they sold out at 100 sets.
thedarkknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:12 PM   #165
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjk1 View Post
I would have LOVED to have ordered these - I just couldn't afford them. I agree that Stargate can still sell well with the right product at the right price point...for example, 1/6 scale statues of these characters at $300 each like Tweeterhead is doing with D.C.
Yes, I always think of 1/2 busts as a more value oriented line and these were very expensive for that. I think other 1:1 props or studio scale ships and a 1/4 figure line would still sell. With the new reboot coming there will be a bump in interest as well.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 07:10 PM   #166
thedarkknight77

no Longer for sale, I am keeping them.

Last edited by thedarkknight77; 12-09-2017 at 10:12 PM. Reason: No longer for sale
thedarkknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:33 AM   #167
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

So is Ra still happening for US market?
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:37 AM   #168
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
So is Ra still happening for US market?
I believe this line got canceled
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:17 PM   #169
cratercritter
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choopie View Post
Despite the reduction in the ES, I'm happy to hear that the set sold through. At least collectors will get a nice piece of Stargate memorabilia. I wanted Anubis bad. I even had the space set aside for him, but the price was just higher than I could justify for 1:2 scale. I'm still upset about it, but you can't get everything. I don't think it's that Stargate isn't popular, I think Paul was just dealing with a scale not popular with buyers and the price point turned a lot of people off. Too bad, as they are nice pieces.
The scale is quite popular among collectors.
The price is reasonable for such a rare collectible.
cratercritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:23 PM   #170
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

If the first two 1:2 busts are already sold out, I would imagine Chronic Collectibles could easily sell a 100 piece RA 1/2 bust to finish this trilogy for those who supported this project.

Come on CC you owe it to yourself and us crazy, weird, collectors to finish a truly ICONIC trilogy of these Stargate death masks.

You did all the work to get this license and created amazing 1:1 & 1:2 pieces (F the haters btw!) and you know it was all only a lead up to RA!

I really hope you take this into consideration. (And I didn't even get in on the pre-sale sadly)
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote