Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #2851
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Replacement sent I was delighted to receive this so fast. Two days! Impressive and zero charges on arrival . Thanks Sideshow.

Paint apps were awesome , the arms and ex head were tad darker than my first piece but Wolverine is a dark hairy animal so I’m cool with the skin tones. When he’s with my other pieces I don’t focus on it. The big issue AGAIN is this stupid bent metal peg which arrived on replacement just like it did on my first piece. This time I slowly lowered the key in , you could see ASAP the metal rod was off. Took a pair of pliars and gently straightened the peg. Guess what? He goes in and out like butter. Had to break one statue to figure this out so Sideshow if you’re reading do a better job with that ok.

Great statue !
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #2852
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Congrats man! It looks awesome. Such a cool piece. I really wish the claws were shinier, but c'est la vie.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #2853
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Replacement sent I was delighted to receive this so fast. Two days from to California to Canada. Impressive and zero charges on arrival . Thanks Sideshow.

Paint apps were awesome , the arms and ex head were tad darker than my first piece but Wolverine is a dark hairy animal so I’m cool with the skin tones. When he’s with my other pieces I don’t focus on it. ...
But what you are saying is the difference is still discernible.

Interesting.

That means that it wasn't a trick of the camera but that others copies I've seen have had slightly warmer and lighter hues for the skin.

There's another thing I'm noticing that is consistent with mine, your new one now, but apparently not the previous one that I can tell.

The blades on the right hand are not perfectly fanned out as compared to the left side. the pinky and middle blade run more parallel, while the index finger fans outward slightly more.
It's subtle, but ever since the LSF years ago, where someone got stuck with a truly sloppy orientation of these, I've been hyper sensitive to just how well they are placed on any given piece.

Don't get me wrong- it's not enough of a flaw to make a big deal over- just an observation that there is some consistency in the attributes of this piece that aren't "perfect".
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #2854
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
But what you are saying is the difference is still discernible.

Interesting.

That means that it wasn't a trick of the camera but that others copies I've seen have had slightly warmer and lighter hues for the skin.

There's another thing I'm noticing that is consistent with mine, your new one now, but apparently not the previous one that I can tell.

The blades on the right hand are not perfectly fanned out as compared to the left side. the pinky and middle blade run more parallel, while the index finger fans outward slightly more.
It's subtle, but ever since the LSF years ago, where someone got stuck with a truly sloppy orientation of these, I've been hyper sensitive to just how well they are placed on any given piece.

You were fortunate to keep the previous pair of hands (if they fit properly on this new body).

Don't get me wrong- it's not enough of a flaw to make a big deal over- just an observation that there is some consistency in the attributes of this piece that aren't "perfect".
I think it is more realistic the claws would not be evenly spaced/angled because you knuckles are not even spaced.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:28 PM   #2855
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I think it is more realistic the claws would not be evenly spaced/angled because you knuckles are not even spaced.
You are probably right but from what I've seen many collectors aren't interested in realistic (e.g. Wolverine statues where the claws are longer than his forearms).
Old 08-17-2018, 03:40 PM   #2856
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah, I've been eyeing that on mine. Went as far as to contact Sideshow for a possible replacement right hand, but no-go since what they had on hand is basically the same. Eh...not a deal breaker by any means.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #2857
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I just checked mine and it's the same as Subby's. I hadn't noticed it till now....thanks for drawing attention to it, I can't stop seeing it now!
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 03:49 PM   #2858
pdenham
Teen Titans

Sorry brother.

It ain't ideal, but in the scheme of things it's pretty minor.

For me it reads as slightly worse because of the primary angle I'm viewing it at (statue higher above eye level and from the left side).

Subby's photo has the hand below eye level and head on, which minimizes the disparity more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
except that you have a direct example to immediately compare and contrast with going on with the left hand. if they were both orientated the same way you could rationalize it was due to physiology rather than just lax QC...or a tired Chinese factory wage slave working in dim light (which is how I'm guessing they arrived at these oddball skin values).
Old 08-17-2018, 03:54 PM   #2859
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

No worries, it's a very minor issue to be honest. I had to move mine so I could notice it
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:04 PM   #2860
pdenham
Teen Titans

If it makes anyone feel any better, the piece shown at SDCC this year also had the less perfect blade fan going on

Another shot taken from a higher angle, but you should be able to detect the lower two blades running closer in parallel

So, congrats to the people who got the better versions of this with no issues.

For the rest of us, it is what it is.

Fortunately what it is, is still pretty f$%#ing rad.