Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-17-2017, 04:06 PM   #3111
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Our final products match the prototypes just as much as anyone else (better IMO). Sometimes there are hiccups, just like with every other company. Its not like there is a track record of them not matching. In fact, most of the time collectors post that the final product looks even better.

Then there is the side issue of cognitive/perception biases. Something rampant in todays culture.

A great example is anyone saying Chun Li's eyes are googly. I know for a fact they arent and several collectors have seen it in person to confirm they arent.

Its a fact that anyone seeing googly eyes has something wrong with their own perception. They just want to see a flaw, even if its not there.

Would I like a faster turnaround? Yes. But really delays arent that big a deal to me. My goal isnt to be the biggest company. Or to have the biggest following. Or to please the most amount of collectors.

My goal is to make collectibles im proud of. If I dont like it, it doesnt ship. Sometimes that takes way longer than Id like, but thats who we are as a company.

Its pretty well established, so if a collector cant accept the wait times, then they arent a good fit with us. Thats not a criticism of them, its just the reality.

Im not here to be a machine turning out as many products as possible. We are not all about the money. As Ive said many times before, we are an Art Studio that happens to sell copies of our art work. So we dont have the same priorities that a true business has.

In a true business situation, the customer is always right because ultimately all that matters is getting the money from them. Money isnt what motivates me. Art is.

This is why Im perfectly happy just focusing on a small core group of collectors who appreciate what we do and are willing to wait for it to arrive.

The SF 1:3 line is a great example of what PCS is at its core. This line is very interpretive and has my personal style incorporated. Its not supposed to be as if they walked right out of the game(s). Its ART. Some may love my style, some may hate it. Thats fine. I dont get personally offended if someone doesnt like my style. But these statues are not meant to cater to the average collector.

The above isnt meant to be disrespectful to anyone, but it is to clarify where our priorities are. Which is with the core PCS collector base who deal with our eccentricities knowing they are getting a collectible made with a lot more love than most.
This
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #3112
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Yeah, I really like that post. (Street Fighter) passion.

ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:44 PM   #3113
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
Well the type of buyers who are jumping ship on this statue of 1 character just because another company got the license. Those customers probably tend to be the most difficult to deal with over the long term.
Not always. Some are very loyal and buys it all. It's just more choices that is now available to choose from. Why not buy from both companies? No harm in this as a consumer we are now flooded with so many choices. It's the saturation process towards the big bubble just piling up till the melt down.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:46 PM   #3114
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Our final products match the prototypes just as much as anyone else (better IMO). Sometimes there are hiccups, just like with every other company. Its not like there is a track record of them not matching. In fact, most of the time collectors post that the final product looks even better.

Then there is the side issue of cognitive/perception biases. Something rampant in todays culture.

A great example is anyone saying Chun Li's eyes are googly. I know for a fact they arent and several collectors have seen it in person to confirm they arent.

Its a fact that anyone seeing googly eyes has something wrong with their own perception. They just want to see a flaw, even if its not there.

Would I like a faster turnaround? Yes. But really delays arent that big a deal to me. My goal isnt to be the biggest company. Or to have the biggest following. Or to please the most amount of collectors.

My goal is to make collectibles im proud of. If I dont like it, it doesnt ship. Sometimes that takes way longer than Id like, but thats who we are as a company.

Its pretty well established, so if a collector cant accept the wait times, then they arent a good fit with us. Thats not a criticism of them, its just the reality.

Im not here to be a machine turning out as many products as possible. We are not all about the money. As Ive said many times before, we are an Art Studio that happens to sell copies of our art work. So we dont have the same priorities that a true business has.

In a true business situation, the customer is always right because ultimately all that matters is getting the money from them. Money isnt what motivates me. Art is.

This is why Im perfectly happy just focusing on a small core group of collectors who appreciate what we do and are willing to wait for it to arrive.

The SF 1:3 line is a great example of what PCS is at its core. This line is very interpretive and has my personal style incorporated. Its not supposed to be as if they walked right out of the game(s). Its ART. Some may love my style, some may hate it. Thats fine. I dont get personally offended if someone doesnt like my style. But these statues are not meant to cater to the average collector.

The above isnt meant to be disrespectful to anyone, but it is to clarify where our priorities are. Which is with the core PCS collector base who deal with our eccentricities knowing they are getting a collectible made with a lot more love than most.
No explanation needed Jerry. You do damn good work!
Old 05-17-2017, 04:47 PM   #3115
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I doubt many would argue your love or effort for what you do either especially longer term customers.

Unlike a lot of traditional businesses there's a huge X factor with statues that producers have little control and that's the factories.
In the short term so far many collectors looking for a more typical business experience have found P1 to have a more favorable control over the factories and really that's what this comparison seems to be about.

I just didn't want you to hear it mainly as an attack on you or PCS as artists which for many commentators is what it easily devolves into.

People want what you make man they just aren't so sure they'll get it.
Ive been delivering products since 1999 and have yet to take someones money and not deliver (or offer a refund if for some reason I couldnt deliver)

Thats 18 years of producing collectibles.

If 18 years of manufacturing collectibles hasnt set someones mind at ease then there is nothing I can say.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:01 PM   #3116
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Ive been delivering products since 1999 and have yet to take someones money and not deliver (or offer a refund if for some reason I couldnt deliver)

If 18 years of manufacturing collectibles hasnt set someones mind at ease then there is nothing I can say.
Pcs cs has been the best since I started. Love how Jerry personally fills in when things go wrong like for example the sorceress replacements. No one else will do this. Pcs cs has always been the best by far in the industry. No one comes close in my experience.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:11 PM   #3117
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:

I understand. I read countless CS stories here just to keep tabs and I have never found one person that believed you kept their money. Facebook or anywhere else for that matter.

I don't think many have any concern of you trying to run with peoples' money or not striving to the best of your ability with what you have control over.

It's just the uncertainty and fear of being unsatisfied or disappointed that motivates most to voice their displeasure with PCS.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #3118
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
It's just the uncertainty and fear of being unsatisfied or disappointed that motivates most to voice their displeasure with PCS.
Thats typical of any high end industry where you purchase without seeing in person.

I hear the same thing from people I know ordering cars.

I hear the same thing from people I know ordering high end clothing.

Ive even heard the same thing from people afraid to try out a new high end restaurant.

I say to everyone the same thing. If you arent comfortable ordering something, dont do it.

I feel our reputation speaks for itself. I think I and PCS have an amazing reputation. Its not perfect, but no one's is. Even Ferrari has had issues.

Most importantly, I dont want to have to 'convince' someone to buy our collectibles. That feels sleazy to me. Like a used car salesmen pushing for the sale.

Thats not how I do things.

In fact, and I wont name any names, but my stomach gets queasy at how hard I see some collectibles companies pushing their product. It just feels gross to me.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:35 PM   #3119
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Thats typical of any high end industry where you purchase without seeing in person.

I hear the same thing from people I know ordering cars.

I hear the same thing from people I know ordering high end clothing.

Ive even heard the same thing from people afraid to try out a new high end restaurant.

I say to everyone the same thing. If you arent comfortable ordering something, dont do it.

I feel our reputation speaks for itself. I think I and PCS have an amazing reputation. Its not perfect, but no one's is. Even Ferrari has had issues.

Most importantly, I dont want to have to 'convince' someone to buy our collectibles. That feels sleazy to me. Like a used car salesmen pushing for the sale.

Thats not how I do things.

In fact, and I wont name any names, but my stomach gets queasy at how hard I see some collectibles companies pushing their product. It just feels gross to me.
If someone is that insecure about a po I would rather not have this customer. People who causes this much problems about a po will only cause more once the time comes. I'm sure we all prefer to cut out or not sell to those kinds of people. Just saying in general.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:45 PM   #3120
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Quote:

Well said.

Actually Jerry, you're the guy who got me into statue collecting.

At first, I was into figures (Hot Toys) and could not stand statues because of their inability to change poses and lack of switch out parts.

Then I saw Conan.... It was a real shock: one of my favorite characters materialized in such a flawless way. As soon as I saw it, I knew I would have to get it along with future statues of my cult movie characters (can't wait to see your new licences at SDCC).

In the end, with PCS and P1's offerings, I decided to sell all my HT figures to focus on statues.

I'm a PCS guy now and I love it

So keep up the good work. I know Chun-Li will be a huge success!
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote