Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #21
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Ok just got done playing thru the first quest line, make a speed power kid flash type of character.

Buggy as all hell, kept crashing and got stuck in walls. UI needs a ton of work, so hard to navigate on it.

Character creation is the worst set up i ever seen in any online game.

But this should all be finalized/finished/tweaked by release.

Its a mix between City of Heros and World of Warcraft. If you played both then you will like this game. World is just like CoH, and gear with stats and looks is like WoW.

Ill keep playing beta till release then see if a lot of the stuff is fixed to make it more user friendly.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #22
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

oh and i did spend about 30min just running on water and buildings with the super speed!

Good thing about it is when falling off a building you dont take dmg unlike other games.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #23
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

supes iconic armor

hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #24
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Vince, can you take some screenies?

I am afraid I feel the call of Cataclysm...Blizz made one hell of a cinematic trailer and it got me all fired for some Azeroth action...
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #25
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Not sure if i am allowed to take screens and post them, dont want to get my bros account banned.

Ill try to take some but photoshop some stuff out so it doesnt come back to him.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #26
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

We got into the beta last night, the graphics look a lot better than City of Heroes and so on. I will let you know more the next time I have time to get into it.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:28 PM   #27
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

aw man now i am really getting sad. i have another whole month to wait if i dont get in at random. you guess suck and stuff
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #28
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
We got into the beta last night, the graphics look a lot better than City of Heroes and so on. I will let you know more the next time I have time to get into it.
Crap, game just went to hell cause your in it now.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
aw man now i am really getting sad. i have another whole month to wait if i dont get in at random. you guess suck and stuff
Dont worry i played for 30min last night, got into a instance that grouped me with 3 other random people. We got to the boss and couldnt beat him. He was so damn bugged it was unreal. Everytime we got him to half life (after dieing like 5 times), he would reset back to full. We all just gave up and sent in some feedback on it. Had to spend like $500 to repair all my gear.

Also tons of quest guys are broken, voices for characters like power girl and other female super heros have male voices still etc....

Still buggy, but sorta fun so far. If it wasnt for the super speed i prob would not even be playing.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:13 AM   #29
misanthrope
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

cant wait to try this. ive been playin WoW for about 5yrs and would love to try somethin new. i tried CoH, Conan, Warhammer....none of em have even come close to the fluidity of WoW. even tho cata is comming people are gettin bored with WoW. blizzard has really set the bar high and if any game wants to have a shot at success its gonna hafta be somethin amazing. im hopeful.
misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #30
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Well DCO is close to wow as you can get, least with gear, builds for your character and quests.

UI and controls is very very different from WoW, Warhammer and CoH. So its something to get used too. You may like it or you may not.

Once these bugs are gone and its live, may end up being a fun game.

Not sure how you play wow, Casual? Hard core raider? But DC seems so far its going to be casual friendly. My char is only lvl9 now so not sure how the high levels are going to be.

I may need to try this coming week to play with a controller instead of the keyboard and mouse. It may end up being easier to control.