Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-15-2023, 10:57 AM   #1
Takkie1990
Doh!

Save up for statues and keeping the box?

Hi guys,

I'm still a newcomer to this forum and statue collecting. I've started with 2x 1/6 scale statues (Batman and Mandalorian) and 1x 1/10 statue (Batman Black and White).

Today i've received my first 1/4 scale statue, Spider-man premium format from Sideshow. Those 1/4 scales are just so beautiful! I've already got the feeling that statue collecting can be very addictive haha.

But how do you guys save up for buying statues? I've got a wife and 2 little girls, so all the money we save is for all of us. Do you guys save up seperatly and how much?

And besides that, after receiving the first 1/4 scale statue, do you guys keep the original box for if you want to sell the statue in the future? I don't think i'm going to sell them, but you never know.

Thanks!
Takkie1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:02 AM   #2
Mister H
Gen 13

1. Always save the box.
2. Kidneys are going for a good price in Mexico.
3. Welcome.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:10 AM   #3
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
1. Always save the box.
3. Welcome.
HA HA HA, I agree on 1 and 3.....I like my kidneys so not so much on 2.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 01:05 PM   #4
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Welcome, Takkie!

Yes, this hobby can be very addictive, so be sure to keep that in mind... the minute you lose sight of that, things could get out of hand.

Me personally, I put aside some disposable income every few weeks. A lot of this hobby is about knowing what you want and being patient. When something comes up that I really want and at a price I find reasonable, I jump on it.

Boxes are a necessary evil in this hobby, so you have to keep that in mind with every purchase, too. Not only the monetary cost, but also the display space cost and the cost of storing that box. But yeah, keep it all - inserts, art box, and shipper. It comes in handy if you ever want to sell (or donate) or move houses. Like you said, you never know what the future holds.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 01:05 PM   #5
Takkie1990
Doh!

Good thinking, still got some kidney's to sell ��
Takkie1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 02:19 PM   #6
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Some of these boxes double as shelter...just in case.

Don't fall into FOMO...a whole lot easier than it used to be to get what you want later. Even if you end up waiting too long and missing a release there are new versions of the same characters coming out regularly. Not that you asked but if you ever find yourself going the custom route make sure to do your homework on the producer and the quality of their past releases.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 02:22 PM   #7
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
1. Always save the box.
3. Welcome.
During a recent (YouTube Statue / Figure) live chat, Placenta / Umbilical Cord's came up as fetching a good price to those that buy such body parts.
Some people prefer to hang onto to such body parts can cook them, in the name of.. health?

Keep those boxes!
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 03:35 PM   #8
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takkie1990 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm still a newcomer to this forum and statue collecting. I've started with 2x 1/6 scale statues (Batman and Mandalorian) and 1x 1/10 statue (Batman Black and White).

Today i've received my first 1/4 scale statue, Spider-man premium format from Sideshow. Those 1/4 scales are just so beautiful! I've already got the feeling that statue collecting can be very addictive haha.

But how do you guys save up for buying statues? I've got a wife and 2 little girls, so all the money we save is for all of us. Do you guys save up seperatly and how much?

And besides that, after receiving the first 1/4 scale statue, do you guys keep the original box for if you want to sell the statue in the future? I don't think i'm going to sell them, but you never know.

Thanks!
Oh but you do know or at least you should know. I know and after this you will too.

So here's what you do.

Take that nice first 1/4 scale and enjoy it for a long long while, but keep that box.
Make 2 accounts. Save up at least $100 a month alternating between each account.
Then take the money out of both accounts along with splitting 50/50 whatever you happen to get from
selling the Spider-Man PF, along with what you save for college
and give all of it to each of your daughters for a nice down payment on their homes.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote