Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-23-2023, 11:05 AM   #1
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Moducase/Moduspace

I know there are related threads but didnt want to hijack them and want to ask specifically about moducase as they seem the best option for me, but there's not a lot of info about certain configurations

Does anyone know why their site has pics lit like this with the strip at the back, and the shelves look a lighter grey blue colour but really it's either black or white? I've not seen any setups like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	img_2_1679583262124.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	160368

Also what is the optimal amount of lights? I assume if I got 6 spotlights with a df120, 3 would have to go on the bottom of the shelf but this seems like overkill and too bright? And does anyone think their cool light is too cold?

Would love to see examples of setups for inspiration

Unfortunately i dont want any deeper than 60cm so am looking at df120s but will ask for 75cm tall instead of 65. Just want to be sure before I order! Thanks in advance
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 12:22 PM   #2
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

So that picture isn't real, it's more of a render.

If you get a df120 with 6 spotlights none go at the bottom its 3 in the top front and 3 in the top back spaced out evenly.

There are plenty of examples. I suggest going to moduspaces instagram and look at their tagged photos or searching hashtag moduspace or hashtag moducase.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 02:15 PM   #3
ukshaun
Hercules

As far as i am aware Moducase/Moduspace comes in 100% black or 100% white

I think there is the option of black frames with white backdrops.
Presumably there is the option for white frames with black backdrops, as Moducase/Moduspace will make case's to the buyer specifications.

I guess silver is not out of the quesion, in the future atleast.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 03:50 PM   #4
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
So that picture isn't real, it's more of a render.

If you get a df120 with 6 spotlights none go at the bottom its 3 in the top front and 3 in the top back spaced out evenly.

There are plenty of examples. I suggest going to moduspaces instagram and look at their tagged photos or searching hashtag moduspace or hashtag moducase.
Thanks, yeah that's a bit disappointing as I think the blue with lighter (not white) shelves look great. Not sure why they'd do a render that looks completely different in terms of colour and light setup but here we are
Old 03-23-2023, 03:53 PM   #5
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

When you choose color it's just for the base and frames since the panels are reversible (black on one side white on the other).
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 12:33 PM   #6
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

My Max150 I ordered in November 2021 finally came. Kind of cool to have 3 statues from 3 different companies displayed in close proximity. Wait time was brutal though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230403_112925.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	469.6 KB
ID:	160564  
Old 04-03-2023, 01:36 PM   #7
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
When you choose color it's just for the base and frames since the panels are reversible (black on one side white on the other).
I have black cases. The quality of the white side for the back panels was pretty low... to me they seemed to not be reversible. That's a shame if that's what you get if you order "white" versions.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 02:38 PM   #8
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I have black cases. The quality of the white side for the back panels was pretty low... to me they seemed to not be reversible. That's a shame if that's what you get if you order "white" versions.
I can second that I have plenty of Black Moducases from the DF series as well as the MAX series that the reverse white side of the back and top panels is scuffed from shipping and handling.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 04:29 PM   #9
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Just realized Moducase forgot to send one of my cases. I contacted customer service but I've been waiting since November 2021 and now I have to wait longer :\
Old 07-27-2023, 04:47 PM   #10
generalszabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
Just realized Moducase forgot to send one of my cases. I contacted customer service but I've been waiting since November 2021 and now I have to wait longer :\
Are you still waiting? I really want to order some but scared I'll have chaged my mind by the time they come. Or given up the hobby altogether lol