Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-01-2023, 07:07 AM   #391
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezi View Post

This Thor is majestic.

Freezi, I have to agree, but the truth is that "Majestic" applies to all three. A killer crew watching over you. Good stuff.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 10:55 AM   #392
Onewiththeforce
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

big fan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Freezi, I have to agree, but the truth is that "Majestic" applies to all three. A killer crew watching over you. Good stuff.
I am big fan of this Thor. By chance is that base too wide to fit into a detolf IKEA cabinet..?
Onewiththeforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 11:42 AM   #393
Onewiththeforce

Hello All, I could use some advice and suggestions....

I currently have an opportunity to grab the EX SS Modern Age Thor in prime condition for 350.00. Is this a good price for this piece?

Also, I need to get a Thor and PREFER the modern version as opposed to the comic book version and do like this armor/costume. The breaker of brimstone version is too large to fit in my Detolf bottom shelf where as the footprint of the Modern Age Thor would fit.

I would prefer a bearded portrait. Does anyone know of anyone who could sculpt a beard/moustache on this portrait to blend in with his hair, etc..?

I realize that this particular Thor is not related to the above Thor in this thread but I could not find any thread for that SS EX Modern Age Thor (Switch out sword hand).

I currently own:

SS Recent Modern Capt. America PF (With Ultron base/head in hand)
SS Avengers Assemble Wasp 1/5th statue
SS Mark 43 Iron Man (Repainted red/gold version-light up) maquette
SS OG Black Widow with white pleather jump suit and large gun PF
SS Short haired mo-hawk Captain Marvel modern PF
SS Scarlet Witch (recent) PF with Ultron head
XM studios Hawkeye 1/4 scale

Thank you so much in Advance and for your feedback...
Old 03-27-2023, 12:03 PM   #394
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
I realize that this particular Thor is not related to the above Thor in this thread but I could not find any thread for that SS EX Modern Age Thor (Switch out sword hand).
Modern Thor
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 12:04 PM   #395
Onewiththeforce

thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
much appreciated. thank you so much mint.

jumping to that thread now.......
Old 10-26-2023, 02:57 AM   #396
ob1ob
Birdman

I just received this today and the foot does not sit flush. I’ve fixed an issue like this before on a non Sideshow piece by carefully twisting a drill bit in the hole that the peg fits into and opening the hole a little more. I could be mistaken, but there appears to be a metal sleeve in this hole. I’m concerned that this method could do more harm than good. Any one else have this problem on this or other Sideshow statue and have successfully fixed it?
ob1ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 06:57 AM   #397
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1ob View Post
I just received this today and the foot does not sit flush. I?ve fixed an issue like this before on a non Sideshow piece by carefully twisting a drill bit in the hole that the peg fits into and opening the hole a little more. I could be mistaken, but there appears to be a metal sleeve in this hole. I?m concerned that this method could do more harm than good. Any one else have this problem on this or other Sideshow statue and have successfully fixed it?

Nice pick-up, easy fix, try this.

Verify both the foot key(square resin part), & the insert slot for any bits of polystone resin blobs, due to faulty casting. Make sure both are clean and uniform.

If you have odd bits, or the "walls" of the base slot are uneven(?), get a narrow hobby knife & start "shaving", gently, until the fitting works.

P.S. Proceed slowly/gently, verifying the fitting often, as going by your pic, you won't need much. Good luck.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 07:52 PM   #398
ob1ob
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Nice pick-up, easy fix, try this.

Verify both the foot key(square resin part), & the insert slot for any bits of polystone resin blobs, due to faulty casting. Make sure both are clean and uniform.

If you have odd bits, or the "walls" of the base slot are uneven(?), get a narrow hobby knife & start "shaving", gently, until the fitting works.

P.S. Proceed slowly/gently, verifying the fitting often, as going by your pic, you won't need much. Good luck.
Thanks. I will try this as soon as I remember where I put my X-Acto set.
Old 10-26-2023, 07:58 PM   #399
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1ob View Post
Thanks. I will try this as soon as I remember where I put my X-Acto set.
I'd try warming it up first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Hey Demona not saying this is always the answer but it has always worked for me.

I use a space heater that uses a fan. I set far away on low setting so nothing gets hot always can scoot it closer later. Let both pieces GENTLY warm for a long time, nothing too direct. Think so far away that you can forget it for a couple of hours without it getting too hot. Requires PATIENCE and common sense to find the sweet spot but after a few times you can get really good at judging how close. Less is more!

Whenever I use something hand held I get too impatient and have got parts too hot.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 11:15 AM   #400
ob1ob
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I'd try warming it up first.
Thank you for the advice. I think I may have lucked out as after installing and removing Thor from the base a few times, the foot is almost completely flush. The inside of the foot is flush and the very small gap on the outside isn’t really noticeable.