Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-29-2023, 01:47 PM   #201
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Cosmic View Post
It's probably way too late to ask, but I've had this on pre-order from Prime 1 direct since it went up (the full dio). I've been growing increasingly worried about shipping costs from Japan/China here to NYC...did I make a mistake pre-ordering directly from Prime 1? Should I have gone with a domestic (US) distributor/retailer?

This is only my 2nd premium statue purchase ever. I'm now going through that phase of second guessing my pre-order location (where I placed the pre-order...the pre-order itself I have no doubts about).

For those in the US that are getting the full dio, which route did you choose?
I went with Secret Compass when they had it with shipping included, but that is no longer offered. Still probably cheaper for US based, but probably not enough to offset your lost NRD.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 03:32 PM   #202
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I went with Secret Compass when they had it with shipping included, but that is no longer offered. Still probably cheaper for US based, but probably not enough to offset your lost NRD.
you may be waiting a long time for yours. SC can take a minute getting P1 stuff in
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 09:46 AM   #203
Power Cosmic
Doh!

Quote:
Ah, I've seen them mentioned once or twice, I'll have to keep them in mind now.

I've only just recently learned about the points system from Prime 1. For the full dio I earned roughly $280 worth of points. Which would then give me at the very lease psychological motivation to place my next order with them, without knowing the shipping before hand.
Power Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 11:04 PM   #204
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
you may be waiting a long time for yours. SC can take a minute getting P1 stuff in
I am unfortunately well aware. I have probably 20 or so P1 orders from him and seems to be dead last getting anything.
Old 03-31-2023, 11:05 PM   #205
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Cosmic View Post
Ah, I've seen them mentioned once or twice, I'll have to keep them in mind now.

I've only just recently learned about the points system from Prime 1. For the full dio I earned roughly $280 worth of points. Which would then give me at the very lease psychological motivation to place my next order with them, without knowing the shipping before hand.
SC also has a reward point program now.
Old 08-01-2023, 01:17 PM   #206
bladou20
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
SC also has a reward point program now.
I ordered the Kong statue from Big Bad Toy Store last week and received my shipping notification today! I didn't think it would get here before my Gigantic Godzilla.
bladou20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 05:19 PM   #207
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladou20 View Post
I ordered the Kong statue from Big Bad Toy Store last week and received my shipping notification today! I didn't think it would get here before my Gigantic Godzilla.
Good to know US retailers are getting them.
Old 10-12-2023, 07:22 PM   #208
bladou20

I actually unboxed my Kong a while back and didn't get a chance to post pics here. This came out pretty good in my opinion, though I can see how it is considered to be a little monochromatic by some. It probably looks its best as part of the diorama when all the lights are on.

The big shock was that the extra heads and hand are included with the Kong only statue. The ads only mention the extra parts for Kong as being included with the whole diorama. The ads also imply that Kong's axe lights up. Unfortunately it does not. I was a little irked at that as it was a huge part of the axe when he used it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20231012_190850.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	484.1 KB
ID:	165300   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230808_213215.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	645.1 KB
ID:	165301  
Old 10-14-2023, 12:53 PM   #209
Ezhil
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladou20 View Post
I actually unboxed my Kong a while back and didn't get a chance to post pics here. This came out pretty good in my opinion, though I can see how it is considered to be a little monochromatic by some. It probably looks its best as part of the diorama when all the lights are on.

The big shock was that the extra heads and hand are included with the Kong only statue. The ads only mention the extra parts for Kong as being included with the whole diorama. The ads also imply that Kong's axe lights up. Unfortunately it does not. I was a little irked at that as it was a huge part of the axe when he used it.

Does kong only statue has the extra heads and hand???
Ezhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 02:05 PM   #210
bladou20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhil View Post
Does kong only statue has the extra heads and hand???
Yes, it has the two heads and closed fist.