TF SW shown
TF GL shown
Ven shown
so this one should get shown
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 02:17 PM   #12
Peedi
The Secret Six

Be interesting to see this one compared to SS’s and whether it will be costume or Symbiote. I like SS’s Symbiote PF. Wouldn’t mind if this one ends up being black costume.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:28 PM   #13
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

He actually has never worn costume very much tbh but I understand people want the look of just black and not Symbiote . Heck I’d like XM just to do a black suit non Symbiote myself . Fingers crossed . One thing for sure I bet they do more elaborate base .

My dream piece would be Web of Spiderman 1 cover in Statue form .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:51 AM   #14
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I'm sure XM will have a sick concept, I hope it's not too off the wall though.

There was talk of Spidey fighting off the Symbiote while it's trying to consume him. As cool as that is, I'd like to see the Symbiote/ black suit in all its glory.

What I don't like about the new Sideshow piece is that you can't really appreciate his costume when he's doubled over like that.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 12:09 PM   #15
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
He actually has never worn costume very much tbh but I understand people want the look of just black and not Symbiote . Heck I’d like XM just to do a black suit non Symbiote myself . Fingers crossed . One thing for sure I bet they do more elaborate base .

My dream piece would be Web of Spiderman 1 cover in Statue form .
The Symbiote he wore less than people realize. It was like only 8 issues of Amazing Spider-Man...I know because it was one of the 1st trades I bought as a kid... “The Saga of the Alien Costume” which collected those issues. Still have that TPB on my shelf today. Of course there were the spin off books, but he wore it for like 8 months of our real world time which to him was several weeks at best in-story.

The Black costume he wore way more. It lasted like 3-4 years in the comics as his main costume. From like 1984/85 to Venom’s debut in 1988. Plus when it came back during Back in Black and it appeared in New Avengers.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 12:27 PM   #16
craigcliff1
Zot

loved it in Spidey Animated Series
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 02:04 PM   #17
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
The Symbiote he wore less than people realize. It was like only 8 issues of Amazing Spider-Man...I know because it was one of the 1st trades I bought as a kid... “The Saga of the Alien Costume” which collected those issues. Still have that TPB on my shelf today. Of course there were the spin off books, but he wore it for like 8 months of our real world time which to him was several weeks at best in-story.

The Black costume he wore way more. It lasted like 3-4 years in the comics as his main costume. From like 1984/85 to Venom’s debut in 1988. Plus when it came back during Back in Black and it appeared in New Avengers.
^^^^^^^^
Everything above minus New Avengers (I never read it) is why I want a non Symbiote black suit Spider-Man.

I think the odds are against me because very few comic statues are produced today if they didn't appear in a popular cartoon or movie. Maybe if the companies are convinced Night Monkey in Far From Home is the black suit Spider-Man we'll get a non Symbiote statue.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 03:49 PM   #18
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Imagine a Spiderman black suit / Hobgoblin two statue exclusive???? Mind blown if they did something like that
Old 07-25-2020, 03:53 PM   #19
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I'm sure XM will have a sick concept, I hope it's not too off the wall though.

There was talk of Spidey fighting off the Symbiote while it's trying to consume him. As cool as that is, I'd like to see the Symbiote/ black suit in all its glory.

What I don't like about the new Sideshow piece is that you can't really appreciate his costume when he's doubled over like that.
I like the diff pose and hence why I buy multiple spidermen pieces to show off the variety . It’s not everyone’s cup of tea and waiting for the “ perfect piece “ seems to be so far away I enjoy mixing it up . I have zero doubts about adding this one to my stash . It’s well done!
Old 07-25-2020, 04:48 PM   #20
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Imagine a Spiderman black suit / Hobgoblin two statue exclusive???? Mind blown if they did something like that
I'd love a faithful comic-book Hobgoblin. Pairing him with a black costumed Spidey would be even better, yes.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote