Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 01-10-2023, 01:57 AM   #261
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
There aren't that many F4F buyers that frequent this forum. I think most of their fans stick with their Facebook group.

Ivy face sculpt and paint look great and yeah I would say she looks a little curvier than the prototype.
Rare that a company gives more of what the fans want in production vs proto especially when the trend seems to point to more censorship?toning down of certain asspects?. Makes for titillating conversation?
Pharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 11:56 AM   #262
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Again I apologize for the bad lighting. One day I would like to get a nice light box so I can take actual photos of figures. Just thought Ivy needs some recognition. F4F did an absolutely amazing job with this statue. Anyone who likes the character owes it to them to get this. No other SoulCalibur figure holds a candle to it.

Please F4F...Sophitia, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	401.6 KB
ID:	157754   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	312.3 KB
ID:	157755   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	434.6 KB
ID:	157756   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	306.6 KB
ID:	157757   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	540.6 KB
ID:	157758  

Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	356.4 KB
ID:	157759   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Size:	372.0 KB
ID:	157760   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	403.8 KB
ID:	157761   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	157762   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	402.3 KB
ID:	157763  

Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 12:02 PM   #263
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I feel like this is the fighting game statue line I always wanted, but no one else really provided. It has a consistent art style (adapting a single game), every base is not too big but adapts a stage associated with the character, and in general the quality and paint is great and accurate to the franchise. I wish I had a line exactly like this for Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Final Fantasy, etc... These three releases so far look so good with each other and they are so consistent. It isn't at all wishy washy or random like stuff made by PCS. It also isn't over the top like Kinetiquettes and Prime 1 so they actually look good standing next to each other.

I used to be super into F4F, but I've been sleeping on them too much recently. Getting this Ivy reminds me I need to go back and get Dracula and Alucard and some other releases. Simon Belmont's release way back when put a huge smile on my face and Ivy captured that seem kind of happiness in statue form.
Old 01-10-2023, 05:55 PM   #264
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
I feel like this is the fighting game statue line I always wanted, but no one else really provided. It has a consistent art style (adapting a single game), every base is not too big but adapts a stage associated with the character, and in general the quality and paint is great and accurate to the franchise. I wish I had a line exactly like this for Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, Final Fantasy, etc... These three releases so far look so good with each other and they are so consistent. It isn't at all wishy washy or random like stuff made by PCS. It also isn't over the top like Kinetiquettes and Prime 1 so they actually look good standing next to each other.

I used to be super into F4F, but I've been sleeping on them too much recently. Getting this Ivy reminds me I need to go back and get Dracula and Alucard and some other releases. Simon Belmont's release way back when put a huge smile on my face and Ivy captured that seem kind of happiness in statue form.
Thanks for sharing the pictures! Glad you got a piece that was exactly what you hoped for! This being truly the definitive Ivy makes me relieved I didn?t pass on her.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:59 PM   #265
NegativeZero
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Lighting in my place is horrible so I don't like taking pictures. It won't do her justice. Goatchumby's shots are great though she definitely deserves some shots of her backside
She's astoundingly beautiful.
NegativeZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 12:55 AM   #266
jonylin
Justice League

Anyone know if F4F ever has sales on their website? I would like to get the Definitive Edition down the road at some point but need to save my money for other statues at the moment.
jonylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 07:43 PM   #267
Pharmer
The Herculoids

So my Ivy sat in Vancouver (I live in Vancouver) since the 13th of this month. Now she's in Toronto...WTF?!? This explains the ridiculous shipping fee...they have to ship her from China to the Western Canada port where the customer lives to the OTHER END OF THE COUNTRY before coming back to the same city from weeks ago. This is beyond inefficient and I just hope her box doesn't look like it went through a few rounds with Mike Tyson...
Old 01-23-2023, 09:34 PM   #268
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I hope she comes in perfect condition!
Old 01-24-2023, 12:36 AM   #269
Pharmer
The Herculoids

Quote:
I hope she comes in perfect condition!
Thanks! At this rate and where she?s travelled the shipper should look like one of those luggage bags with a tonne of stickers all over proudly displaying the places she visited!
Old 02-02-2023, 10:31 AM   #270
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

She turned out perfect honestly.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote