Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-28-2019, 06:28 PM   #11
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Leekson, you’re off your rocker. I know Chronicle has had major issues before, but this is not one of them. I can even point out a major flaw in your argument. The thin lines going behind the Barbasol logo touch every letter on the original prop. It’s an illusion our eyes play on crappy photos from universal expo and the screen cap. I can see them connecting. Get your eyes checked before you just rail against someone in a smear campaign.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 04:26 AM   #12
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
Leekson, you’re off your rocker. I know Chronicle has had major issues before, but this is not one of them. I can even point out a major flaw in your argument. The thin lines going behind the Barbasol logo touch every letter on the original prop. It’s an illusion our eyes play on crappy photos from universal expo and the screen cap. I can see them connecting. Get your eyes checked before you just rail against someone in a smear campaign.
Kefka2200, one of the CC's bravest knights... The only illusion is in your head. Chronicle has taught you and you blindly believe it, that it is standard these days to pay good money for a product and receive a crap. You're the one that needs to check eyes and before everything make a proper research... Smear campaign? You're crazy... It is not a secret that I'm disappointed with CC, it's obvious from my comments. I'm loudly pointing out on their constant mistakes and advertising policy, hoping for everyone that have ordered one of these that they will fix it and that fans will get as closest replica as possible, but we all know how much CC cares about fans suggestions and you guys are just more helping... I could've wait until fans receive their pieces and then disappoint them all. I've tried, nevermind...
By the way, here are the pics... The blue can is 90's Barbasol can, doesn't matter because it's menthol, design is the same, check out white lines. Check them carefully, no matter it's crappy pic as you say, it's visible. Second, you have newer can design. The lines are the same, the difference is in text alignment, ingredients, they added weight beside 11 OZ, etc...

Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:47 PM   #13
Kefka2200

You can pretend I blindly follow CC all you want. Whatever makes you feel better, I have been very critical of them for certain things. If a product is crap, I’ll say it, and I have. For instance, the Owen and blue statue is not anything they should be proud of from what I’ve seen. The Dilo, while it’s very pretty, is too expensive.

I look at facts. I don’t blindly follow anyone as you suggest, I’m a realist. The fact that you came out of the gate to just take shots at them is ridiculous, not to mention the things you mention are minor and pathetic. It’s a barbasol can, with collaboration from both companies, it does what it does in the movie, minus the foam...if the thin white lines aren’t perfect, oh well...although I don’t see your pics in your last post...not sure if my phone is messing up though so I can’t judge. And, FYI, they collaborated with rylo to make this as well...soooo the product you say is better...what do you think the chances are he had these lines wrong also? Think about things before you go on -I’ll say it again- a smear campaign.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:57 PM   #14
Kefka2200

I see your pics now and they disprove your point. I’ve marked identical spots so there’s no mistake. And furthermore, Chronicle doesn’t make the logo, so if it was wrong in this minuscule way, talk to barbasol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8E0C768E-E414-4FA5-972E-A3C9343C83D4.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	124756   Click image for larger version

Name:	8A37ABCC-66F6-468F-B6BB-B69EFE72B5DB.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	124757  
Old 07-29-2019, 01:39 PM   #15
Boogeyman13
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Oh, good god. WHO. CARES. CC liberally exaggerates the origin of their props some times. I would hope that everyone knows that by now. But that being said, honestly, so what? If you like it, get it. If you don’t, then don’t. It’s not worth pages of arguing. This is a prop replica from a movie, not an actual historical item. Just enjoy it; you’ll be happier.
Boogeyman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 02:31 AM   #16
Leekson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
I see your pics now and they disprove your point. I’ve marked identical spots so there’s no mistake.
If they are collaborating with Rylo as I've supposed, it's for the mechanism not the can, so he has nothing to do with the can graphic. One thing you're right... It's a campaign, but not the one you think, as I said, I'm sick and tired of their false advertising and I'm fighting for the fans that ordered this piece to get closest replica possible, just like that, out of the gate firing shots
Honestly, I don't know what you've marked there... Maybe you people didn't understand me... I will try to explain difference with this pic

I'm sorry for repeating this again, but if you have original prop, mistakes like this above, different fonts, wrong text, on a simple thing like this graphic is minor and pathetic, especially knowing the fact that people who already had the replica wanted to buy CC's because of the can shape and old graphic, then I don't know what should be a big mistake...
By the way, I apologize to you Kefka2200 for calling you their knight and 67L88Stingray for saying what I said, you guys may have different standards than me when it comes to a product quality, JP means a lot to me, if you can swallow these, then I'm glad for you, but you can't deny the thing that this replica is not accurate as it's advertised. Actually the only thing accurate is shaving tips, ingredients and instructions text on the can back , whole front of the can and partially back is not accurate
Old 07-30-2019, 02:36 AM   #17
Leekson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogeyman13 View Post
CC liberally exaggerates the origin of their props some times. I would hope that everyone knows that by now.
I guess only you and I know that...
Old 07-30-2019, 08:09 AM   #18
Kefka2200

Ok I see what you’re saying now, maybe it was the way I interpreted your explanation. It’s still a small thing to me. They could still change it. Maybe email them and ask or make them aware of it in a Facebook live. It is possible they overlooked barbasols new artwork and maybe people at barbasol didn’t even think about it. I personally don’t think...of all the things to lie about...that this is one. So I don’t think there was any deception here, but I could be wrong. It’s literally just the wrapper on the can, so they probably assumed that since it came from barbasol it should be fine.

I do think you came off as super harsh in your original post and it doesn’t serve the community. I don’t doubt your love for JP...I’m right there with you. Just be more constructive instead of purely attacking, especially in the topic opener. This is a community and it’s crap like that that turns us against each other and makes it a little less bearable to be a part of. Like Star Wars fans
Old 02-14-2023, 02:19 PM   #19
Themarkmail

Hi Guys ! today ParagonFX announced the sale of the Cryocan in their website, it's in preorder. Guess it was the same as partner with Chronicles as they did the Hammond cane. Site is here: https://paragonfxgroup.com/products/cryo-can
Themarkmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 12:48 AM   #20
BladeoftheMoon
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themarkmail View Post
Hi Guys ! today ParagonFX announced the sale of the Cryocan in their website, it's in preorder. Guess it was the same as partner with Chronicles as they did the Hammond cane. Site is here: https://paragonfxgroup.com/products/cryo-can
I guess the real question is..is it worth the 400.00 price tag? Is it truly "accurate" ?

I've seen so many replicas of these my eyes start to blur after awhile.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote