Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-10-2022, 02:50 PM   #11
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
If they are going to use that era portrait, then they need to treat the armor the same way. Hope they know that.
Yep I really hope they do.

The arc reactor they put on the silhouette not a good sign though, the classic comic suits never had that, the AR was introduced in the films.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is just a straight up classic comic interpretation but I have a feeling this will be a mish mash of classic/modern/MCU and LBS own interpretation, kinda like what Sideshow did with their 1/5 version.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 06:59 PM   #12
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is just a straight up classic comic interpretation but I have a feeling this will be a mish mash of classic/modern/MCU and LBS own interpretation, kinda like what Sideshow did with their 1/5 version.
I was going to suggest that is most likely the way they'll go with the suit.

The reason I feel that way is because of how they handled Cap's costume- especially the buccaneer-style boots.
They paid homage to the general shape and form, but they included elements like laces and buttons to give it some semblance of real world functionality.
I like the way SSC did it better on their Allied Charge CA, but I'm just glad LBS got even a fraction of the essence there. I always loved that stylistic flourish- as nonsensical in the late 20th/21st century as it was/is.

SSC did much of the same with that 1/5 IM- kept the general look of the classic suit, but tweaked in a little more seemingly logical revisions here and there.

Then again, LBS was pretty much 100% faithful to the classic Thor suit. That may be why I love that statue more than their Cap, despite having greater affection for Cap as a character.

About the only thing I'm sure of is - that Koto Iron Man is the best looking classic IM I've seen from anyone so far!
I waffled on getting it from AE and they sold out. This thread convinced me to finally get a PO in elsewhere.
Both EE and BBTS (surprisingly) still have it available.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cap boots.png
Views:	40
Size:	498.8 KB
ID:	146614  
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:23 PM   #13
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Koto did a great job with their 1:6 fine art version, if this new LBS version looks like this I'll be very happy.

You and I both ??. If legendary beasts does anything like this it would be a dream come true.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 01:54 PM   #14
nearmint
Phoenix

I see at least 2 portraits. Maybe more?

nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 02:06 PM   #15
XMAN
Ultron

Yes!!!
Can’t wait for this
Reveal
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 02:08 PM   #16
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

These people are getting so annoying with their long drawn-out teasing. It's like some attention -----s have taken control of a company.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 02:16 PM   #17
AC_808
Hercules

Gotta see how close they got the classic Iron Man armor to the comic source.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 04:11 PM   #18
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Finally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I see at least 2 portraits. Maybe more?

The second one looks like the typical hand rasied up, palm open repulsor pose and the last one looks like the face-plate raised showing Tony in the adjusting gauntlet pose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
These people are getting so annoying with their long drawn-out teasing. It's like some attention -----s have taken control of a company.
Yep it is getting tiresome now, I expect they'll do the same blurred teases once the Hulk gets approved after they have shown some more black & white close up shots of various parts of his anatomy for another month or two.
Old 03-01-2022, 04:14 PM   #19
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Gotta see how close they got the classic Iron Man armor to the comic source.
Looking at these new teases I'm a bit concerned about the lack of bulk on the Red portions of the armor, yes the classic should be skin tight but the shoulders, gauntlets & boots should have some bulk to them.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:40 PM   #20
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Looking at these new teases I'm a bit concerned about the lack of bulk on the Red portions of the armor, yes the classic should be skin tight but the shoulders, gauntlets & boots should have some bulk to them.

Yup, exactly. Worried about it too.

However, I'm thinking the blurring effect might be making the boots, gauntlet and shoulders look less bulky? My guess. Really need to see the full sculpt.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote