Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-05-2023, 11:53 PM   #31
Lincoln627
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
That one is tiny. Do you like it?
Yeah. It is pretty good. I have preordered Cap and Hawkeye. Hope they look great together.
Lincoln627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 01:39 PM   #32
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I keep waiting for Sideshow to get in the rest of the group. Thanks for posting pics Lincoln. I'm assuming it's just your camera but the face looks really funky here.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 10:59 PM   #33
Infinite GLORY

Black Widow is in stock now and ready to ship at Sideshow. And if you enter 1 of the special drawings they sent out via email you can get a $25 off promo code that works on Black Widow. I'm prolly gonna pick it up from Sideshow.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:00 AM   #34
Infinite GLORY

Per the inside stream yesterday, Hawkeye looks to be the next one up to be released, 3rd after Hulk and Black Widow. For some reason I expected Hawkeye and Black Widow to be released back to back.

My guess would be after Clint they will do Thor, Cap, then Iron Man last. No reasoning as to why, just my guess.
Old 06-19-2023, 08:46 AM   #35
Infinite GLORY

I picked up Hawkeye and Black Widow. Forgot to take pictures but will try to later. They look great with Hulk.

Honestly I'm curious to see if anyone else feels the same way, but the portraits on Hawkeye and Black Widow are really really good. Like almost too good for Iron Studios 1/10 statues. It's hard to pick up in pictures and watching other peoples review videos, but in person they look phenomenal. If you have been collecting IS statues for a while now, you know that sometimes the portraits can be really really bad and almost blurry looking. Especially with female faces, IS really is not that great. But with these I feel they nailed the likeness and really hit these home. Sculpting on the uniforms is great as well. This is shaping up to be a really great diorama.

Speaking on the rest of these, in the states we only have Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye who released in that order. I have though, already seen unboxing videos previously of Iron Man, and I just saw one of Thor yesterday (who also looks like his face sculpting was done well). So those 2, in that order, should be what hits the states next. So that leaves only Captain America who would be the last statue released. I'm excited to complete this diorama, and anyone who is a fan of the MCU knows how important this initial team up at the end of the first Avengers movie was. I'm secretly wishing for them to continue this on with an Avengers Age of Ultron Diorama of either the intro fight scene where they team up, or the end scene where they all team up and are fighting the Ultron bots. Probably prefer the end scene so that way you can include Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.
Old 06-19-2023, 12:58 PM   #36
ZatStackz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I picked up Hawkeye and Black Widow. Forgot to take pictures but will try to later. They look great with Hulk.

Honestly I'm curious to see if anyone else feels the same way, but the portraits on Hawkeye and Black Widow are really really good. Like almost too good for Iron Studios 1/10 statues. It's hard to pick up in pictures and watching other peoples review videos, but in person they look phenomenal. If you have been collecting IS statues for a while now, you know that sometimes the portraits can be really really bad and almost blurry looking. Especially with female faces, IS really is not that great. But with these I feel they nailed the likeness and really hit these home. Sculpting on the uniforms is great as well. This is shaping up to be a really great diorama.

Speaking on the rest of these, in the states we only have Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye who released in that order. I have though, already seen unboxing videos previously of Iron Man, and I just saw one of Thor yesterday (who also looks like his face sculpting was done well). So those 2, in that order, should be what hits the states next. So that leaves only Captain America who would be the last statue released. I'm excited to complete this diorama, and anyone who is a fan of the MCU knows how important this initial team up at the end of the first Avengers movie was. I'm secretly wishing for them to continue this on with an Avengers Age of Ultron Diorama of either the intro fight scene where they team up, or the end scene where they all team up and are fighting the Ultron bots. Probably prefer the end scene so that way you can include Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Good to hear about the faces. These are the last two I need for my Avengers lineup. I hadn't like any of the Black Widow or Hawkeye statues so far and from the initial pictures I wasn't sure how the faces would be on these. They were recently on sale too. Will keep my eye out for another sale.
ZatStackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 01:44 PM   #37
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZatStackz View Post
Good to hear about the faces. These are the last two I need for my Avengers lineup. I hadn't like any of the Black Widow or Hawkeye statues so far and from the initial pictures I wasn't sure how the faces would be on these. They were recently on sale too. Will keep my eye out for another sale.
I'm assuming you are mixing and matching for your setup? What pieces makes up your Avengers lineup?
Old 06-19-2023, 05:39 PM   #38
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZatStackz View Post
I've got 3 of their 1/10 scale Black Widow statues, and while the IW and Endgame face sculpts could've been better, I thought the Solo film one was pretty good.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 08:42 AM   #39
Infinite GLORY

Out of knowhere it seems, Sideshow has both Cap and Thor in stock, but not Iron Man, while Iron Studios sent out an email that they have Thor and Iron Man in stock, but not Cap lol. Then again, Iron Man looks to be waitlisted on Sideshow.

I have Iron Man on pre-order through specfiction. So who knows when that will come in. But I'm tempted to pick up Cap and Thor from Sideshow. Maybe this Summer Blockbuster event that starts today will have a promo code or something.