Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-16-2023, 04:33 PM   #21
goatchumby
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Yeah I know about the designs? I would have preferred their designs from Battlemaniacs or the arcade game but it is what it is. You still picking them up? Even with the design choices I?ll most likely get them all. I like the base themes and the Battletoads marquee and let?s be honest, no one is going to do these guys again unless F4F gets frisky.
This set has been continuously on my mind since PCS announced it, but now I'm a bit more reserved. Honesty, it's going to have to come down to ol' size and price. As mentioned, it's slim pickins for BT out there.
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 02:51 PM   #22
Demona
Martian Manhunter

So I don?t know who will buy these or if the world was clamoring for BattleToads statues, but regardless these look so damn cool!!

Love seeing unique licenses and fun statues tastefully done. Great work PCS.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:01 PM   #23
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
So I don?t know who will buy these or if the world was clamoring for BattleToads statues, but regardless these look so damn cool!!

Love seeing unique licenses and fun statues tastefully done. Great work PCS.
The kind words are much appreciated! We work hard to put out fun pieces that hit the nostalgia bone, as well as new or rarely done modern licenses. We did these, because, well... we're big fans of the battletoads games and it fit with our vibe! We've seen a very positive reception so far, hopefully sales do well. They're limited to 350 pieces each, and the full set is only 300 sets. There also a cover art version of Zitz that is limited to 300.
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 03:51 PM   #24
Demona
Martian Manhunter

You're more than welcome!! I'm liking a lot of the stuff you guys are putting out right now and I can tell a lot of these licenses are because you have a love for the source material. Love when companies are like that.

Also, it's nice to have interaction with the company on here. I always like that and hope it can continue.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 01:32 AM   #25
Fullscale_PCS
Company Moderator

All galleries are live. Includes edition sizes and MSRP

https://www.collectpcs.com/product-c...s/battletoads/
Fullscale_PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 04:02 AM   #26
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

1800?!

Nearly 600 more expensive than the 1/4 Cyborg pack which despite being a few years old now, were far more intricate.

You're smoking crack with that price point. Someone has to say it.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 04:26 AM   #27
goatchumby
The Herculoids

On the positive, the connected (and themed) bases are a great design decision. The diorama concept is everything that I had hoped for the 87 turtles bases.
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 11:01 AM   #28
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
1800?!

Nearly 600 more expensive than the 1/4 Cyborg pack which despite being a few years old now, were far more intricate.

You're smoking crack with that price point. Someone has to say it.
I wasn't getting this anyway but this does feel pretty pricey. When I initially saw these, I was thinking in my head that they would each be in the $300-$400 range. $1,000 for the 3 of them seems much more reasonable. Still, I understand these companies have their own metrics for what it takes to make a profit so to each their own.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 04:27 PM   #29
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I wasn't getting this anyway but this does feel pretty pricey. When I initially saw these, I was thinking in my head that they would each be in the $300-$400 range. $1,000 for the 3 of them seems much more reasonable. Still, I understand these companies have their own metrics for what it takes to make a profit so to each their own.
True, they can charge what they want, but in the end, we either say yes or no to it. No way in my mind I was expecting 1800. 1400 at the most given rising costs from say the MK Triborg pack from a few years back which was less than 1250 for a set of three much more detailed figures with LEDs.

This is a very niche product, more so than Killer Instinct, so the trio will certainly be a hard sell at that price, over say just Zitz or Rash on their own.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:00 PM   #30
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

What 1/4 statues are you two buying for $300-400 these days??

The current range is $600-1000, so these are at the low end... Seems pretty fairly priced to me, but I'm not a Battletoads fan.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote