Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-15-2022, 02:57 PM   #1
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Blizzard Store World of Warcraft Alexstrasza 20in Statue

https://gear.blizzard.com/products/w...za-20in-statue
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:21 PM   #2
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Have been waiting for them to finally make one of her.

Pains me, but not getting on board.

Wanting a pre-“scared of feminine form” version.

Plus, what is up with that absurdly high price?
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:30 PM   #3
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post

Wanting a pre-?scared of feminine form? version.

This made me LOL. I couldn't agree more, on all of it.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:59 PM   #4
NFiniteMage111
Frackin!

I like it.

Lot of intricate design from her back. The face isn't a Jaina catastrophe, very feminine and attractive face. That base looks pretty good too. Adding the red dragon eggs and baby dragons was a good touch.

I would have said it could have been another $600 statue but comparing it to illidan,sylvanas, or jaina, the base has a lot more going on than those statues.

Looking at what is $900 on other statue sites, I don't see how the price is that bad.

Anyways, I'll most likely be picking this one up.
NFiniteMage111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 06:48 PM   #5
twstd
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFiniteMage111 View Post
I like it.

Lot of intricate design from her back. The face isn't a Jaina catastrophe, very feminine and attractive face. That base looks pretty good too. Adding the red dragon eggs and baby dragons was a good touch.

I would have said it could have been another $600 statue but comparing it to illidan,sylvanas, or jaina, the base has a lot more going on than those statues.

Looking at what is $900 on other statue sites, I don't see how the price is that bad.

Anyways, I'll most likely be picking this one up.
Your money your choice and obviously a lot of people feel the same as you or else they wouldn't be making these.

As someone who bought illidan, grommash, and others at $350 retail, a $900 price tag just looks ridiculous and feels like a complete rip off.

Not to mention $1100 for Arthas, $1800 for Frostmourne when those 2 existed in previous forms retailing for $300ish each.

Yes times change and inflation, but these prices are 3-5x+ what they were charging not too long ago.

Buying anything from their site anymore would just feel bad knowing what they were charging for the exact same type of products before.
twstd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 08:30 PM   #6
NFiniteMage111
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
Your money your choice and obviously a lot of people feel the same as you or else they wouldn't be making these.

As someone who bought illidan, grommash, and others at $350 retail, a $900 price tag just looks ridiculous and feels like a complete rip off.

Not to mention $1100 for Arthas, $1800 for Frostmourne when those 2 existed in previous forms retailing for $300ish each.

Yes times change and inflation, but these prices are 3-5x+ what they were charging not too long ago.

Buying anything from their site anymore would just feel bad knowing what they were charging for the exact same type of products before.
I bought Illidan and Jaina at $270 each, $350 for the doomhammer replica, $374 for Lilith. (Got hellscream on ebay for $700 because I missed that one before it sold out.) But I mean I get it those really were great prices for those items back then.

$900 is getting pretty crazy I will admit. Is it worth $900, $700, $400? They probably could have done $700 imo but what level of quality work dictates these price differences?

I've watched statue reviews on almost every blizzard statue and many of them would say this is a steal for $350 etc.

Its also a question of what are other company's charging for similar statues? I'm fairly confident that was the main reason for the jump in price, they saw the market for similar statues. Again, it's not easy to cough up $900 when their statues were $350 I completely agree.
NFiniteMage111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:51 AM   #7
BiaLos
Fantastic Four

They make like 6000 of each statue, no way is this worth $900. What a joke.

Luckily I picked up Jaina and Sylvanas prior to the old Blizzard store closing for $99 each lol.

What a lot of new people don't realize is they relisted all of their original statues that sold for $350 to $399 and relisted this year when they launched their new store for $600 each or above. Same exact statues.

I believe in inflation, but that's a joke.

You also have to consider that all the other companies charging these prices have a more standard limited run/number.

There is a reason why these Blizzard statues go on insane deals later on. They take advantage of the early adopters, then when the statue lost it's sizzle, expect to see the 30%-50% coupons.

Even if they offered a 50% coupon, they would still be laughing to the bank. Remember Jaina, Slvanas, Illidan, and others were $350 to $399. If they sold you the same statue at 50% discount to the new MSRP, you would still be paying 75% of the previous MSRP lol.

Blizzard used to be cool, they are running on old credit now and taking advantage of what's left of their loyal fan base.
BiaLos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 03:15 AM   #8
RadAsGhoul
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

1200 Euro in EU store. you can shove it blizz lmao. 1:5 for the price of most 1:3
RadAsGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 05:00 AM   #9
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post

Wanting a pre-?scared of feminine form? version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
This made me LOL. I couldn't agree more, on all of it.
Her new outfit is 100x more intricate, imaginative and fitting than her stupid stereotypical sex icon plate bikini one. Same with Sylvanas.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 06:11 AM   #10
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I wish this was more in line with the Heroes of the Storm version as far as anatomy goes, but that was done by the team at Blizzard that isn't afraid of women. The price is also really silly, but all these Blizzard statues go on deep discount so consistently I guess the retail price is just for fun.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote