Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-15-2023, 11:39 PM   #1
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

The Flash Movie

I?ve seen other threads referencing this film, and did a search but couldn?t find one dedicated to this film, so here it is:

First Trailer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hebWYacbdvc

Discuss. 🙂
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 12:07 AM   #2
Mister H
Gen 13

I hope they make a Keaton Bats and an Affleck Batman statue from this movie. That’s about how far my interest goes.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 12:10 AM   #3
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Well, I thought the trailer looked good but trailers are obviously supposed to make a movie look good. I haven’t really seen any of the superhero movies over the past year that have been released but this one I am kind of looking forward to.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 12:35 AM   #4
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

The trailer looks pretty slick, granted. But, based on Justice League, Ezra Miller’s a pretty poor choice for a mature character like Barry Allen. The only thing I’m really stoked for is seeing Keaton as Batman again. My hope is that he’s not a joke/parody of the role. I also felt Affleck is possibly the best Batman actor ever.

So, bottom line, I’m more interested in seeing this movie for the Batman roles, which also seems to be what most are talking about. Don’t know what that says about a Flash movie.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 02:09 AM   #5
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
So, bottom line, I?m more interested in seeing this movie for the Batman roles, which also seems to be what most are talking about. Don?t know what that says about a Flash movie.
Hey I'm looking forward to watching Batman: Flashpoint as well
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 06:12 AM   #6
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

As a Batman guy, if there is Batman in a Film, Batman will be the character, i am most interested in, no matter the Film title.

There are even Multiple Batmen ! in this Film. Keaton and Affleck. (: I saw some people talk about what if WB bring in The Bale Batman as well and got super stocked. If Bale is the big surprise, i will go nuts.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 07:06 AM   #7
AC_808
Hercules

Love seeing great trailers. It gets the excitement going.

...But I won't know a movie is any good until I see it and see how good the story is. So we shall see...
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:30 AM   #8
Mister H
Gen 13

IMO it would be a mistake to bring in Bale/Bats. I think he needs to exist outside of all else. If it happens I’m sure Nolan will be rolling his eyes.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 09:50 AM   #9
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I'm a big Flash fan and even I am more interested in seeing Keaton in the suit again on the big screen than anything else.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 12:51 PM   #10
Augen
Metal Men

I reminds me, in a way, of when I saw the Batman v Superman trailer.

It feels overstuffed with multiple aspects that could crowd the story too early for a character, The Flash, who has never had a solo project.

Batman v Superman was The Dark Night Returns...and the Death of Superman, plus we introduce Wonder Woman.

The Flash is Flashpoint...and Batman No Way Home, plus we introduce Supergirl (easily what I was most excited about...and feel nothing now).

Honestly...I feel like we are in a weird era for DC. This isn't really going anywhere. These projects feel like zombies shambling along until Gunn's DCU with new Superman officially reboots it all and we see what is going on.

Ignoring all the real life insanity it doesn't help that I've never cared for this interpretation of Barry in Justice League (Whedon or Snyder). I think we needed a Flash movie (or two) years ago, and this could have been an interesting way to end a trilogy.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote