Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-01-2017, 01:44 PM   #41
aeongaiden666
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagero_no_mai View Post
Looking forward to it. Please no more subzeros and skorpions for a while, and give me my Sindel, Kano, Kung Lao and Shang Tsung
MK Reboot? You can bet your ass Scorpion and Sub Zero will be the first POs to kick off the line. As much as Sindel looks amazing, she wont sell the new line. Then in roughly in 18 months we will have a new MK game. Guess which 2 characters will be the first to sell the MK image
aeongaiden666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:43 PM   #42
Ballsagne
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

There shouldn't be a new line period. We already got invested in klassics and modern as it is. Now PCS would make all those obsolete and rerelease the same characters again? What could a new line possibly look like to make it worth trashing what we already paid for?

They already slapped us in the face stopping MK9 after 5 statues for MKX, but at least those could be blended into one line. A literal reboot would be silly anyway. "we know you love the MKX scorpion that you preodered, but now here is your chance to preorder another one before the first one even ships!!" I would have to think when they say 'reboot' they mean 'reestablish' or 'revamp'. Anything else would literally be crazy
Ballsagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:40 PM   #43
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Looking forward to the new license announcements. If SF and MK are going to continue, I really hope there are no more relaunches and the existing lines are filled out

* MK Klassic (Kano, Sindel, Shang Tsung, Sonya Blade, Motaro)
* SF 1:3 (Cammy, Guile, Vega, Bison, Ken)
* SF MM (Fei Long, T Hawk, DeeJay, Sodom, C.Viper)
* SF 1:1 Bust (Sagat, Vega with removable mask)

I'm indifferent to SFV (character designs do nothing for me, hate the swollen hand/feet look, which thankfully PCS has jettisoned). MKX characters I'd consider on a case by case basis. Waiting on Kotal Kahn to ship.

Other than a 10th anniversary Ryu to go with Akuma and the 1/6 posable figures, I'd like to see PCS take a break from Ryu, Akuma, Ken, Sub Zero and Scorpion. Surely everyone has had their fill of these characters in 1/3, 1/4 and Busts?

archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:22 PM   #44
Ballsagne

Trust me, Kotal Kahn is amazing. If you just don't like the character then obviously don't buy it, but even if you only like him a little the statue is top tier and will probably be underrated til the end of time because of the character. Actually, the 'modern' MK line in itself is the most underrated thing in statues right now. Besides the MK9 Scorpion, which was their first attempt to be fair, the rest are show stoppers.

As far as 1/4 scale goes, I like the idea of a mixed media line and a ultra/modern line for MK and SF. They both look great in different ways for different characters and I definitely shop from both types in MK and SF. And this is coming from a guy with not a lot of statue space or statue money to spend. There really is a place for both.

1. The SF Mixed Media to continue because it is where we can totally expect niche characters at this point since they did all the SFII roster already. I wouldn't expect B-list favorites to come from the other companies that frankly are just dabbling in SF

2. The SF Ultra line is not only arguably a cooler line, (those with the OG grails will say not but i bet lots of others say yes) but its a great opportunity for people who cannot afford some of the older statues (Vega/Zangief etc) and to get some of the SFIV and SFV new blood done

You can say the same 2 things for the MK lines. PCS just needs to 'recommit' (that word is way better than reboot or my other examples).

1. The klassics to this point all look excellent, its really been the character choice and long periods of time before preorders/statues shipping out making them boring but I think they are just about out of ninjas at this point. They actually put a lot of these out already, but its become easy to forget due to those things. I personally think mixed media works better with SF than MK (as evidenced by the klassic ninjas only having cloth as dick covers). This isn't something that a 'reboot' would fix, so its up to PCS to put the work in if they want to find cool ways to put clothes on Shang Tsung (will always say him 1st til he happens. Hes the first f'n boss and we got dumbass kintaro already for cryin out loud), Sonya etc

2. Ive already stated how I feel about the modern line, but for MK I think it serves great purpose. Make MK9 and MKX designs which are often cooler than the old designs (Kano!!!!), and fully sculpted is often better given their outfits, and dynamic poses fit better with the violence of MK. The only dud in this line is MK 9 scorpion, and the MKX piece fixes that. This line is in a great position to move forward if PCS expands the roster. The game isnt as popular anymore, but MKX was the most successful MK ever and if the statues are good enough people will buy them. There will always be another MK as well to add to the modern line.

TLDR: don't kill any of these lines. PCS was built on SF, and it looks like MK is their next in line. PCS doesn't really have other licenses that are more than 2-3 characters deep (Dredd is mostly just Dredd, Power Rangers will be mostly red/green/white, other lines are gone or restricted to small pieces etc). Street Fighter is solid as is and MK needs some re-commitment
Old 09-02-2017, 05:46 AM   #45
chris1203
The Spirit
Adamantium Plus Member

[QUOTE=Ballsagne;5499571]There shouldn't be a new line period. We already got invested in klassics and modern as it is. Now PCS would make all those obsolete and rerelease the same characters again? What could a new line possibly look like to make it worth trashing what we already paid for?

Yes exactly
chris1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:58 AM   #46
Indridcold99
The Avengers

Sorry dude but MK9 not MKX was the most popular

MK 9 sold over 9 million copies

MKX was just over 4
Indridcold99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:12 PM   #47
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeongaiden666 View Post
MK Reboot? You can bet your ass Scorpion and Sub Zero will be the first POs to kick off the line. As much as Sindel looks amazing, she wont sell the new line. Then in roughly in 18 months we will have a new MK game. Guess which 2 characters will be the first to sell the MK image
I am not a fan of this type of mentality. If that's the case, why get the MK license (or any license) at all. Doesn't make sense. There is a market for Sindel and anyone else made. One guy wanted it, I could potentially buy it...and I know there are many others out there that would buy other characters outside of Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

Don't speak for everyone else...speak for yourself please.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:37 PM   #48
Ballsagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indridcold99 View Post
Sorry dude but MK9 not MKX was the most popular

MK 9 sold over 9 million copies

MKX was just over 4
Ill take it as a compliment that you read my posts that are admittedly waaaaaayyyyy too long and only came up with that to nitpick about (and pompously pretend to be sorry about?). Even so,

http://shoryuken.com/2017/02/06/evo-...fatal-mistake/

apparently it sold over 5 million before all the DLC was even released and got more evo/tournament participation than all its NRS predecessors (wouldn't be surprised if injustice 2 passed it this year but doesnt change the point). Even if I'm stupid and everything you said is right, all I want is for the modern MK line to be supported by PCS, and that includes MK9 (which has shang tsung!!) anyway hopefully. Sorry though
Old 09-02-2017, 12:43 PM   #49
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

If PCS sticks to the status quo with MK it'll just be Goro and Ninjas on repeat to launch every line.

Then with lengthy production times that last longer than the amount of time NRS supports their games (lmfao) the statues are obsolete in appearance by the time the statue hits the collectors hands.

And bam, it's already time for a New line and a New look.

NRS supports their fighters for a fraction of oth time that Capcom supports their fighters.

PCS needs to launch an MK line of just fu%^ing bad a$$ statues and not focus so heavily on what particular game is the flavor of the year.

Imho, launch a new super detailed fantasy line, start it with Sonya, Kano, Liu Kang and Shang Tsung!
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 12:57 PM   #50
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
If PCS sticks to the status quo with MK it'll just be Goro and Ninjas on repeat to launch every line.

Then with lengthy production times that last longer than the amount of time NRS supports their games (lmfao) the statues are obsolete in appearance by the time the statue hits the collectors hands.

And bam, it's already time for a New line and a New look.

NRS supports their fighters for a fraction of oth time that Capcom supports their fighters.

PCS needs to launch an MK line of just fu%^ing bad a$$ statues and not focus so heavily on what particular game is the flavor of the year.

Imho, launch a new super detailed fantasy line, start it with Sonya, Kano, Liu Kang and Shang Tsung!
I agree with that. MK statues should be able to stand the test of time no matter what game it is from. Just making the characters in a super detailed fantasy line could be great.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote