Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Typical stacked deck Mondo drop.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:31 PM   #6602
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Guess I'll try for Stouts lottery which so far has been as successful as his drops.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:34 PM   #6603
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Good luck to all those entering the lottery. I know some here have had some luck, unfortunately I'm not among them and I've entered every one for the last 7 years. I keep thinking... maybe this will be the one?
Old 02-23-2017, 02:40 PM   #6604
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Good luck to all those entering the lottery. I know some here have had some luck, unfortunately I'm not among them and I've entered every one for the last 7 years. I keep thinking... maybe this will be the one?
Yeah, I won the Goonies lottery only to have it arrive damaged. They said send it back and they will give a replacement. I sent it back and got the "sorry we don't have a replacement email" pretty much a FU instead of offering me a print on a future Lotto.

Plus he buys the flimsiest tubes money can buy. I've noticed most artists can't wrap a print to save their lives.

Last edited by FROBAY; 02-23-2017 at 03:03 PM.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:03 PM   #6605
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I've won the lottery twice. Once for Drive and then for Avenger 2.
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:12 PM   #6606
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Doesn't Stout get about 1/3 of the edition size for his lotto?
I forgot about those. Which would make the release today even more of a joke to go after.

I can't even remember the last thing I got from Mondo. I'm sure it wasn't a print. Once they went to Shopify, it really became bot central. Maybe I should go to EB to see how people did over there. As I don't check the Mondo thread anymore. It's just silly posts. Usually I just check Mondo's Twitter to see what they are releasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't like Stout's stuff :/
Nope. I only have his Avengers. Most of his other pieces drive me crazy with the low colors and small squares he uses around characters.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:17 PM   #6607
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

The Age of Ultron print doesn't sell for too much on ebay. If I don't hit the Stout lottery, I'll pick this up on ebay when the price drops low enough.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:24 PM   #6608
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
The Age of Ultron print doesn't sell for too much on ebay. If I don't hit the Stout lottery, I'll pick this up on ebay when the price drops low enough.
I think a lot of that has to do with a lukewarm response to the film itself and the fact that it's stylistically pretty similar to the first Avengers print. Even though Civil War is also treading on familiar ground the film itself was received better and as such I expect it to fetch more than AoU on the secondary. Then again, the whole Stout Marvel collaboration thing might just be wearing thin and this might end up being reasonable too.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:24 PM   #6609
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Yeah it's probably wishful thinking that the prices will level off. I still can't believe how fast these sold out. I thought I had it but there was absolutely no chance.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:42 PM   #6610
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I would bet prices will drop from where they are now. It's always the after missing the release people that immediately run to eBay to buy. Which is the wrong way to do it. Unless it's a low run gallery print. Which you kind of have to be careful with since many times those don't make it to release online.

I would wait if I was going after it. Let Tyler Stout's lottery prints hit eBay. And potentially the APs if they have some. Maybe around SDCC or after is when I would decide since Guardians 2, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, and Justice League potentials will be coming.

Also I checked EB and Facebook. Some crazy posts there. Made me laugh. Someone found this on Facebook. Classic.

http://i.imgur.com/VYEO1jp.png
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote