Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 10-25-2014, 02:19 PM   #6111
bloodrain
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Was on EB and saw pics of the buy slip for the show. Anybody notice that Edmiston Joker/Riddler/Batgirl are $49 and the Ledger Joker is $82? WTF, guess that is the "cool/popular character tax."
I saw that too and wondered if it had to do with likeness rights or something being more.

I was hoping Edmiston would release prints of his OG Jack Nicholson joker that he did for his solo show. Would have been cool to have all three jokers.

I think its a Tong but the one with batman looking at all his screens and seeing the joker would have been better as a 12x36
bloodrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:29 PM   #6112
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrain View Post
I saw that too and wondered if it had to do with likeness rights or something being more.

I was hoping Edmiston would release prints of his OG Jack Nicholson joker that he did for his solo show. Would have been cool to have all three jokers.

I think its a Tong but the one with batman looking at all his screens and seeing the joker would have been better as a 12x36
I asked him on FB and the Ledger is a giclee vs the other 3 being screenprints. Agreed, I would love to have all 3 Jokers side-by-side.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:25 PM   #6113
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrain View Post
That one is 24x36. It looks pretty sweet bookend by the 18x24 Begins and Rises as the centre piece of that trilogy set. People on EB have posted some pretty heartfelt comments on that set. Absolutely mindblowing in person is what I have gathered.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:21 PM   #6114
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Unless I can't tell, I don't know why there isn't metallic ink for Catwoman's suit on Martin Ansin's print.

I think the coming record for Batman Animated might be the best thing from this show. I really like the interior artwork. I might display it like that. One of the guys that releases Mondo prints did some really nice artwork for the interior of the Trick r Treat record. I wonder what Mondo has for next week. I've been disappointed in their horror prints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I agree to some extent that the Batman show was a bit of a letdown, particularly if you are only looking for cinematic Batman pieces.
Not just movie Batman prints for me but stuff that wasn't so artsy and I guess trying to be clever. More acknowledging the anniversary. I have tons of ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
The Tong set is pretty incredible imho and I disagree that it looks like a commission piece.

I am really curious as to what these will go for on the secondary market as they will either skyrocket due to low run sizes or be worth less than cost shortly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
I think he meant he'd have to go the commission route to get his Batman fix.
Yeah commission project. I'm pretty obsessed about the Tyler Stout Avengers idea for the Dark Knight trilogy. Use the series Bat ninja star batarang and have the characters around that somehow.

I don't think those Kevin Tong Dark Knight prints will go for much. Many of his prints don't hold value. I still think his Forbidden Planet is beautiful. A lot better than the Durieux version.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:22 PM   #6115
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavehawk78 View Post
I really like the Red Rain print
So do I. I'm going to try and get that one and the other Francesco print.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:40 PM   #6116
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Anyone else having difficulty logging onto the revised Mondo site? I can't log in and when I ask for a password reset it tells me that there is no account associated with my email.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #6117
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypton Knight View Post
Anyone else having difficulty logging onto the revised Mondo site? I can't log in and when I ask for a password reset it tells me that there is no account associated with my email.
Just tried it and have exactly the same issue.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #6118
NullSkier
A day without sunshine is like... night.

You have to create a new account for the new site. Your old account doesn't exist anymore.
NullSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #6119
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullSkier View Post
You have to create a new account for the new site. Your old account doesn't exist anymore.
Well that's a pisser. I was just trying to check on the status of an order from earlier this month.
Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #6120
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Same here, re-done my account.
Also, got quite screwed. Purchased the WBYK Prometheus a couple days ago when it was up for preorder. I asked ahead of time if they combine shipping, and they say they do within a reasonable time frame and up to 4 prints at a time. Good. Paid 70$ for Prometheus+shipping.
So today I went ahead and purchased Dormammu and the Majic Harsh wolves print, 80$+27$ shipping.
Sent them an email, asking for the partial refund on shipping, since the last two were to be combined with the Prometheus one.
Answer: they cannot combine them at this time, probably due to the passage from old system to new system. Pointed out that with split shipments, I'm paying 2x of a shipping almost as expensive as the print itself, and 2x of customs/imports fees.
Basically, for 3 prints I'll end up paying as much as 5 prints, give or take. Almost 180$ already paid, and I'm expecting at least another 50$ in customs fees.

Guess I'll wait to receive these in a month or so, and if I'm blown away - and I mean, REALLY blown away - maybe, in the future, if I have spare cash, I'll purchase a couple more from time to time, the ones I really think I can't live without.
Seriously, how hard can it be to combine an order? It's not like they have already booked shipping, all these prints will be available in 3-4 weeks. Deh.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote