Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-17-2016, 03:20 PM   #1561
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
guys, just look at the installation manual: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/assembly_i...0448-8_pub.pdf

As i said the middle shelf does limit the display option, but i still think it's quite flexible. Basically you have 2 rows of 35 inch height display, that can pretty much fit anything, much better than what besta offers. And you can split the 35 inch into 2x 17 inch rows to display shorter statues.

This thing only cost $350, which is super cheap. I can just get multiples and have it as 2 rows display, still cheaper and more flexible than the other options out there.

Regarding the middle shelf, it is used so the frame box doesnt sway to the left/right after loading it with heavy items - a common issue with the wider pax i noticed. I am going to test it by not installing the middle shelf but use 2 other shelves at different heights to see if it can do the same to stablize the frame
That's the thing though, 2 rows of 35 inch height only allows you to fit two pieces and the rest is wasted space. Splitting 35 inches wouldn't work for me as all my stuff is at least 20 inches or above. The extra 15 inches would be empty.

I'd be very interested to see if the fixed shelf is optional so please do let us know.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #1562
Yet2k
Birdman

Does it come in Black, or White? Brown is not very good for displaying statues
Yet2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:11 AM   #1563
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
That's the thing though, 2 rows of 35 inch height only allows you to fit two pieces and the rest is wasted space. Splitting 35 inches wouldn't work for me as all my stuff is at least 20 inches or above. The extra 15 inches would be empty.

I'd be very interested to see if the fixed shelf is optional so please do let us know.
why only 2 pieces? to display statues far apart (or really wide statues) you will have 2 per shelf, giving you 4 statues.

Most statues you can easily display 2 per window, giving you 8 statues displayed. At $350 each, that's really cheap.

If i buy 4 of those, that's only $1400 - less than the cost of a single curio in many cases. And i can easily fit 25-30 statues in them and have it look very nice.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:58 AM   #1564
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Curio's are the way to go.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 04:11 AM   #1565
theokan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
guys, just look at the installation manual: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/assembly_i...0448-8_pub.pdf

As i said the middle shelf does limit the display option, but i still think it's quite flexible. Basically you have 2 rows of 35 inch height display, that can pretty much fit anything, much better than what besta offers. And you can split the 35 inch into 2x 17 inch rows to display shorter statues.

This thing only cost $350, which is super cheap. I can just get multiples and have it as 2 rows display, still cheaper and more flexible than the other options out there.

Regarding the middle shelf, it is used so the frame box doesnt sway to the left/right after loading it with heavy items - a common issue with the wider pax i noticed. I am going to test it by not installing the middle shelf but use 2 other shelves at different heights to see if it can do the same to stablize the frame
The thing about PAX and Besta though is that you can shop on craiglist for around half the retail price.

I ended up getting actual retail huge displays for around $300 each from a closing comic/statue store, they weigh a ton though so the moving part was the hardest. I wanna get more but I'm really not looking forward to the moving part.

---
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:24 AM   #1566
yeungmei
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

15 inch deep may not be flexible for PF nowaday.
yeungmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:22 PM   #1567
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
think i posted this already, but here's THE new display from ikea to get for statues

1) It looks nice as room furniture
2) It's cheap and comes with glass doors already included
3) Advantages over besta:
- No height limitation: so you can display tall statues, one of the biggest issue with besta is the fixed height, so any tall statues wont fit or have its head right at the ceiling. There is also no dividers on the glass
- Much wider than besta at 47 inches, so you have plenty of room to adjust how to display the statues as oppose to try squeeze 2 large statues on top of each other into a 23 inch width.

4) The only issue is the middle shelf is fixed according to the installation manual, so it basically divide the display to about 35 inches height each. Of course you can adjust within the 35 inches height however you want to display. But i wish they wouldnt have the fixed shelf in the middle. When i receive it i will try to see if it can be not installed.

Plan to buy 4-5x for my new display and add in some led lights, this is a no brainer, it's the best bang for buck and display option out there. My original idea with the pax is still good, but it requires a lot of manual work to get the glass panels done.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20260836/

Sounds great for 4 1/3 scale statues. To have two Bestas to compare in size would cost near $450.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:11 PM   #1568
Towelie
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Depth is only 15" and that's to the outside. I would double check the depth of your statues you want to put in there before you order.
Towelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:12 PM   #1569
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Barring custom statues, 15" should be enough. Concern with most statues is height instead of depth.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:40 PM   #1570
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Barring custom statues, 15" should be enough. Concern with most statues is height instead of depth.
15" isn't even close to adequate when it comes to depth. And from all the posts I have seen, that is the biggest issue with displaying statues...at least it is for me...followed by height (keep in mind I am saying this with respect to some XM statues).

With SS, 15" is fine, as their poses are usually safe and more museum-ish. This is one of the pluses when display space is an issue. The dynamic statues usually eat up more space.

For myself, I found PAX have the amount of depth required for adequate displaying of statues. The only thing is reinforcing the shelves to take advantage of displaying more than one heavy statue on a shelf comfortably.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote