Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-02-2016, 05:31 PM   #901
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Arrow started off strong but took a dive with S3 IMO. S4 hasn't been any better either as the whole first half of the season felt like a setup for DC's Legends of Tomorrow series, which after one episode I'm not really feeling unfortunately. I think The Flash suffered from the same thing though nowhere near as bad as I still find things to enjoy there. Hoping they both get back on track but I think Arrow needs to really shake things up to make it good again. Too many boring supporting characters. Ditch the flashbacks and the whole team Arrow concept and get back to focusing on Oliver/Green Arrow.
I agree about Arrow. I was not interested in Arrow when it launched, I still had a bad taste in my mouth from the last few seasons of Smallville and figured this would be more of the same. I gave it a shot before season 2 due to strong word of mouth and was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed S1 and S2, but I was a bit dis-satisfied with S3. I've enjoyed S4 better, but the show has not really been able to re-capture what it had going on those first two seasons. I think when it went from just the Arrow on the show to Team Arrow, it lost the impact it had. I wouldn't mind him having a team so much if they would be a support team only, like on Flash. But now he has Black Canary, Red Arrow/Speedy/Arsenal, Felicity, Diggle and they are all badasses! He apparently can't save the city without them, but when he was gone they could without him... The flashbacks are getting annoying, and I don't like the fact that everything is connected somehow. The flashbacks should end next season because he was on the island five years so we should be coming up to when he was rescued. Anyway, not to derail the thread but I just wanted to throw in my two cents. Bottom line I'm still watching it, and it's not completely terrible yet, but they are heading in that direction. I don't know how much longer I'll hang on if it continues that way.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 01:12 AM   #902
SONICobra
Batman

I do think that even season 2 has lost a little bit of edge from the first just because he isn't killing anymore. I know that might sound bad but they were all bad guys - reminded me of a cross between batman and x-force wolverine I thought it was awesome. still season 2 has been great so far, looking forward to see whats in store
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 04:47 PM   #903
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I agree with you guys about Arrow. I friggin loved season 1 & 2! But I feel like it doesn't know what it wants to be now. It's like they started it off wanting to be more "realistic" then Flash was introduced which I guess has been doing well and now I feel like Arrow has inserted all these metahumans and magic to make it more comic book style. I know the Arrow comics have a lot of magic and dark arts to them so I don't mind that much but then quit switching back and forth. I too really don't care for team arrow. I always found Laurel to be a very annoying character. I think they need to get back to their roots, have (unfortunately) a number of main characters die and for Oliver go back to being a lone wolf.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:50 PM   #904
protector2814
Phoenix

I watch Arrow every week, but confess I only jumped on last season & mainly for the Flash tie-ins, which I love. That being said, I'd welcome a jettison of most of team-Arrow & a (re)chance to see the character portrayed as more of a loner as he was in the Mike Grell comic series & many of his comic' style arcs. The show is something of a soap-opera & it shouldn't be. Also, not a huge fan of the show's constant flash-backs, not sure if they've always been a thing in this show, but they just shut down the story & are kind of a p.i.a..
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:09 PM   #905
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The flashbacks have been there since the beginning. In S1 & S2 they were used very effectively to document Oliver's time spent on the island. After that it was like they just didn't want to let the plot device go and made up reasons to keep going back to it. It's clearly ran its course now.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #906
Luminous
Cyclops

I stopped watching Arrow after season 2. A few episodes into season 3 and it was clear the flashbacks weren't going to stop and that the characters weren't growing or learning from past mistakes.

Still watching The Flash though. Not perfect, but a heckuva lot more fun.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:23 AM   #907
brentflynn
Blue Falcon

The Expanse. Great sci-fi series with amazing set design and future tech. An amazingly fleshed out world, and a cool story told within it. It took a few episodes to figure out who everyone was, but it was worth it. Going to have to read the book series it is based on now.
brentflynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:59 AM   #908
risingstar
Jedi Order

Moonlight - mediocre vampire TV series which deserved the axe midway through season one.
- 5/10 at best.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:57 AM   #909
abarron
Batman

Dickensian

8/10 Good concept but a little slow in places
abarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:04 PM   #910
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Season one

Before Mad Men, this was my favorite TV series. It has been years since I've seen an episode so I decided to watch the whole thing again over the next few months. Season one is the weakest of them all, but the writing is still clever and I do treasure the innocence here that is slowly lost in the subsequent years. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote