Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-26-2021, 05:16 PM   #371
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
Agreed, the muddy one is so unique, which is why I chose it.
Yeah. Same here.
It's basically a museum pose, yet with environmental character to it.
And it's not the rote battle damage of a torn costume and bloody wounds.
At this point in time, it's really one-of-a-kind.

Good size. Good Weight. Simple clean set up with a minimum of assembly.

A very strong value oriented piece in a hobby where prices are getting way out of hand.

Despite trying to avoid Batman stuff as much as possible, I'm really glad I picked it up.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:08 PM   #372
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I chose the muddy version because it's an iconic look for Batman from that series. It's a variant that makes sense and is unique compared to other statues of Batman from TDKR. I'm excited to get mine Thursday!
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:56 PM   #373
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post

Despite trying to avoid Batman stuff as much as possible...
How come?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 07:55 PM   #374
pdenham
Teen Titans

Over exposure.

I was a Bat-maniac as a kid because of the Adam West series, and those were the comics I bought more than any other in the seventies, but have gotten really tired of the character's grim, angry avenger schtick over the last couple decades. I loved seeing him taken seriously as a kid though, in contrast to the show ( bought a lot of the O'Neil/Adams issues off the drugstore rack) and I remember how revolutionary TDKR felt when it first dropped.

Part of what I dig about this piece is it straddles the line between eras. As per the source material, it's (visually, at least) got one foot in the silver/bronze age conception of the character while just starting to edge into a more sophisticated, adult take- but before the latter's nihilistic tendencies started to become oppressive and less enjoyable (to me).
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 12:12 AM   #375
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

Got mine today, the muddy version, it’s awesome! It’s supposed to snow tomorrow so I want to take this outside in the snow for pictures. No promises though lol.
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 06:28 AM   #376
WhistlingTime
Birdman

The simple addition of the mud, combined with the screaming portrait, goes a long way to evoke the grit of the character - something that's often lacking in the countless renditions we see.

I love the little details like muddying up the batarangs where his fingers have slid over them. And even the boot prints under his feet - completely superfluous but great to see.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 10:05 AM   #377
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Got mine yesterday. Was below freezing here so letting it acclimate today before I put it together after work. I'll take some pics when I am done.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 10:30 AM   #378
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Over exposure.

I was a Bat-maniac as a kid because of the Adam West series, and those were the comics I bought more than any other in the seventies, but have gotten really tired of the character's grim, angry avenger schtick over the last couple decades. I loved seeing him taken seriously as a kid though, in contrast to the show ( bought a lot of the O'Neil/Adams issues off the drugstore rack) and I remember how revolutionary TDKR felt when it first dropped.
Understandable. I'm having the opposite feelings, trying to keep myself from buying too much Batman material. I spent years purposely not buying much of anything Batman related because it didn't meet my impossible standards. Now with the sudden boom of cool/worthy Batman stuff I feel the need to buy lots of stuff that I don't really need. I've realized that I like other characters because they remind me of Bats in some way like, Cap, Punisher, Dredd, Deathstroke, Moon Knight.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 02:00 PM   #379
Blindzider
The Spirit

Mine came yesterday. Really pleased with it. Hoping to have time in the next couple weeks to do a decent photo shoot with it.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:11 AM   #380
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Unboxed my Muddy Version last night. Looks absolutely amazing. I do have several spots on the cape that are not so good. A chip and several areas where the paint has been scratched or rubbed off where you can see white coming through. I will post some pics up later today when I have time. I will send the pics to TH as well and see if there is a way to get a replacement cape or if I need to try and figure out something myself. The rest of the statue is absolutely perfect.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote