Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #111
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

It was great just to see the original in theaters for the anniversary, they will never equal it.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #112
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
If all this holds true I seriously doubt I'll bother with this film. Just sounds like something I wouldn't enjoy at all. Not sure what they're thinking as it clearly isn't being aimed at fans of the original.
yea, ill wait for that sunday a few years from now when its on FX or Sy-Fy..
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 PM   #113
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I have no issue with an all female or even better 3/4 female Ghostbusters team. I do however think it is a huge mistake to make it a scorched earth reboot and not have a torch passing or cameo by Hudson and Ackroyd
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #114
SONICobra
Batman

pass
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #115
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVD7y29HCwY
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:43 PM   #116
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Sounds very dumb...yawn.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:56 AM   #117
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

‘Ghostbusters’ Reboot: Will Bill Murray Return in a Smaller Role? | Variety

Full article:

" Paul Feig is working on an all-female reboot of “Ghostbusters” for Sony Pictures, but that doesn’t mean the new film won’t include Bill Murray. According to insiders, the studio would jump at the chance to sign Murray for either a cameo or supporting role. The real challenge will be convincing Murray, who for years has resisted making another “Ghostbusters.”

“The studio gets really crazy about it,” Murray told Variety during a sit-down interview for this week’s cover story. “What they really want to do is resurrect a franchise. The first one was a spectacular movie, one of the greatest movies. The second one was”–Murray makes an unimpressed sound. “It had some moves. It had a few good scenes in it.”

Murray is one of the few actors in Hollywood who can’t be bought. “People say, ‘Bill, you could get so rich!'” Murray says. “I’m ok.” He looks down at his red pants and plastic watch. “I don’t look it, but I’m doing ok.”

Over the years, Murray has looked over several treatments for a third film. “I read one that Danny [Aykroyd] wrote that was crazy bizarre and too crazy to comprehend,” Murray says. And then there was the script where his character died and returned as a ghost. “It was kind of funny, but not well executed,” Murray says. Sony was interested, and director Ivan Reitman (who made the first two films) tried to get Murray onboard. “It was clear he just didn’t want to engage,” Reitman says. “His head was in a whole different place as an actor. He wanted to do smaller roles where he didn’t have to take on the weight of the lead.”

Aykroyd recalls a similar conversation with Murray. “He said to me, ‘I’ve done the character,'” Aykroyd says. “I totally understand. The studio knew in their hearts that without Murray there may be nothing there. Plus, ‘Ghostbusters’ needs a shot of youth. It’s got to be handed to the new generation.”

Still, that doesn’t mean Murray couldn’t be there to pass the baton. During his interview with Variety, Murray left the door open–by a hair–indicating that he’d consider another “Ghostbusters” if the idea felt fresh. Feig and Katie Dippold (“The Heat”) are now working on the new script. “Those guys, Danny and Harold [Ramis], were at the top of their game,” Murray says. “They were burning nitro at that moment. Unless you have a really clear vision, you’re always trying to recreate that.”

Murray says he’s happy right now with the trajectory of his “Ghostbusters”-free career. He’s starring in the Weinstein Co.’s “St. Vincent,” and he’s wrapped a new Cameron Crowe film (out in May 2015) and the Barry Levinson comedy “Rock the Kasbah.” “I got like three in a row that could be really great,” Murray says. “I could be sitting in a different chair in a year. If all three of these are as good as I think they are, it could be easy. I won’t have to think about ‘Ghostbusters’ all the time.” "
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:54 AM   #118
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

'Ghostbusters' Trailer Meticulously Reshot by Middle Schoolers - Hollywood Reporter
Old 01-28-2015, 01:36 AM   #119
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

New All-Female 'Ghostbusters' Cast Chosen - The Hollywood Reporter

Kristen Wiig, Leslie Jones, Kate McKinnon, Melissa McCarthy.

If Ghostbusters reboot was an all male cast team with new actors playing Egon, Winston, Venkman and Ray, I would boycott the movie outright.

I am not interested in seeing any other actors playing those beloved characters. And it's those characters that makes Ghostbusters iconic.

So the premise of an all female cast who aren't tied to the lore of the original makes this reboot little easier to accept.

Ghosts, ghost hunting and paranormal investigation is a new phenomenon in this reboot universe. And Ghostbusters is the moniker they chose for their team. (Also cause Sony told them to)

Ghostbusters reboot cast is mainly a SNL cast/alumni, so it's going to be funny (though maybe not for some who didn't like their humor or who don't find woman funny in general).

And like Murray, Kate McKinnon is likely going to steal the show as she is pretty hilarious.

But the reboot will never equate to the greatness of the original Ghostbusters. Maybe it's not trying to be, but it will be measured to it regardless.
Old 01-28-2015, 02:50 AM   #120
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Still ZERO interest. If it isn't Ghostbusters then don't call it Ghostbusters.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote