Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 05-20-2014, 02:44 PM   #11
Vallos
Jubilee

Ah, yes, I remember now. Thanks.

As for Tywin's death, I wasn't perturbed by it. It was his arrogance that really killed him. He should have known that Tyrion was at a point to not be underestimated. In that sense, Martin wrote his death adequately in my opinion.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #12
MrYac
Hercules

it's not Tyrion killing him that bugs me (it kind of is because Tywin is my favorite), it's the fact that he was with Shay, there is not a chance in hell the man would do that. not only is it unlikely he'd be with a prostitute period but his disgusting freakish imp of a sons personal -----? never in a thousand years, it was just so out of character
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:04 PM   #13
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I hope Tyrion uses his bare hands on that wench since they replaced The Hand of King's necklace with that pin.

I'm guessing Lady Stoneheart is gonna be Brienne's season end cliffhanger, I'd be surprised if we see her before that.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #14
MrYac
Hercules

well remember Tyrion did give Shay a rather large gold necklace as a gift last season
Old 05-20-2014, 03:15 PM   #15
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
it's not Tyrion killing him that bugs me (it kind of is because Tywin is my favorite), it's the fact that he was with Shay, there is not a chance in hell the man would do that. not only is it unlikely he'd be with a prostitute period but his disgusting freakish imp of a sons personal -----? never in a thousand years, it was just so out of character
Yes, from that perspective, it was out of character.
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #16
damienjakk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
well remember Tyrion did give Shay a rather large gold necklace as a gift last season
Ah that's right, forgot about that, good look.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #17
damienjakk

Old 05-20-2014, 05:03 PM   #18
MrYac
Hercules

poor poor crazy old Lysa
Old 05-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #19
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I agree with Pedro Pascal's portrayal as Oberyn being super awesome. He's everything I imagined him to be like. Just a shame they didn't elaborate more about his reputation as a deadly fighter. Makes me keen to see the revelation of the Sandsnakes
That fight is gonna be awesome and at the same time really sad when his character is killed off. For me, that was one of the most amazing parts of that book and personally got me too invested in the character...

As for the Bran-Jon-Craster's Keep change in the show, I actually didn't like that. As others have said before, it diminishes the pains that Jon feels not knowing whether the other siblings are alive, and Bran's pain in not being able to reveal himself.

Lots of things that the show's direction takes that pretty much just highlights the insignificance of certain arcs in the book. Take for instance Crow's Eye (the Greyjoy brother)... he is never revealed at all thus far, and you wonder if his quest to woo the dragons is at all important in the book...Likewise with ColdHands. And they are taking far too long with the Castle Black storyline...
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:38 PM   #20
MrYac
Hercules

well Oberon did have his little moment in the brothel where he stabbed the Lannister men and went into his little speech about how a sword isn't the right weapon for such close quarters showing that he was a good tactician, and when Tywin asked him to be a judge he said quite bluntly that Oberon was an expert on poisons. So not as much detail as one would like, but I think given the short time we have with him that's as good as they could do.

and speaking of the fight I sadly have my doubts they'll do the whole headless Mountain/Robert Strong thing, which is a shame because that'd be damn cool to see on screen