Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-06-2022, 10:49 AM   #351
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Such an epic, hyper-realistic sculpture. I know people don't love Ultimate Cap as much as classic Cap, but this thing is on a different level from all other Cap statues in terms of realism.
Says who?!
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 05:06 PM   #352
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

Just bought this. I know people frown on ES talk but version A had an ES of 88 compared to Sideshows 3500. They're both great statues but rarity was the deciding factor for me.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 11:35 AM   #353
Sjb
Justice League

I also went with XM over Sideshow. Normally I would go for the classic version, but I really liked this statue better. Also, I have never been interested in an unmasked portrait, but made an exception for this statue. I purchased the B version just so I could display the unmasked portrait. I agree the smaller ES is an added bonus.
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 09:11 PM   #354
Destroyous
Justice League

This is the one for me. Best Cap easy. Unmasked portrait is XMs best head they?ve ever done in my opinion. He?s gonna be right in the center of my Moducase Caps and Red Skulls shelf whenever they finally arrive. Has anyone gotten any Moducases recently. Because mines going on 14 months.
Destroyous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 09:46 PM   #355
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

^ ordered last October and got an email Friday from Rayan stating they just arrived at the port. Should be shipping first week of September

Click image for larger version

Name:	BFCBC052-25D8-4CDC-BFE5-3BA3898C6B45.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	153329
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 03:13 PM   #356
Destroyous
Justice League

Oh nice. Yeah mine were ordered in July last year hopefully mines a part of that batch then.
Destroyous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 04:19 PM   #357
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Says who?!
Did you pick this one up? It's high up on my maybe list due to funds for other things.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 09:26 AM   #358
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS_Sagat_Buyer View Post
Just bought this. I know people frown on ES talk but version A had an ES of 88 compared to Sideshows 3500. They're both great statues but rarity was the deciding factor for me.
Wow, didn't realize the ES was that low. Can't go wrong with ver A. It's a great looking piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjb View Post
I also went with XM over Sideshow. Normally I would go for the classic version, but I really liked this statue better. Also, I have never been interested in an unmasked portrait, but made an exception for this statue. I purchased the B version just so I could display the unmasked portrait. I agree the smaller ES is an added bonus.
Yes, that unmasked portrait is nice. In my opinion, XM has done a great job with their male portraits.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 09:48 AM   #359
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

To me, the XM is just much more realistic looking. I know the SS guys love the other one, (and it is a perfect statue of the classic costume) but it's a little big and a tad cartoony IMO. He'll look funny next to my XM Hulk Trans and SS Iron man. It's a great looking statue, but I get the same feeling from their recent Thor...it's an awesome statue but the portrait lacks some details that make it look less real for me.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 09:56 AM   #360
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Did you pick this one up? It's high up on my maybe list due to funds for other things.
Had my finger on that trigger several times but nope. Now I'm struggling with that Queen Studios Winter Soldier Cap.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote