Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #121
quadcent
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Got mine today.... argh! I thought she'd fit in a DETOLF. Well, I guess she technically can, but I'm not brave enough. I saw someone in another thread post a pic of the Platium in a detolf, so I thought I was safe. After about having a nervous breakdown seeing if she'd fit in mine (it's like playing operation), I looked closer and saw the person that got her in has one of the wings against the glass, slightly bending it... they might be ok, but I can't do it. Up on top she went...

Of course, I could stick the folded wings on, too, I guess... I just prefer the outstretched look from the source art.

This was friggin' scary to take out of the box... Between the wings and her weapon.... jeez... I did have to take a wing out (accidentally put it in the wrong slot) and didn't find it to be too bad... I was super gentle trying to move it, though.

My wife instantly moved it into her #1 spot out of the statues I have.... not that she honestly has much competition. The only other ones she really likes are the Buffy PFs and the Buffy Tiki line, so Grace just knocked out the Electric Tiki Willow for the #1 spot.

Now I gotta go find out where my lava Kiani is...

out of all my ladies, my wife like her the best also.
quadcent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #122
DRL
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

i have Grace on a deltof shelf with her wings open and she fits perfectly. you just have to find the right angle. it didnt require any bending at all. if i can get some dusting done i'll take some pictures.
DRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:42 AM   #123
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

yo brandon, someone has a display on the collectors corner where he used spacers to lift the detolf glass. this could definitely help you if the detolf is where you want to go. I wanted to do that as well but seeing as these were the most i've ever spent on statues, they're getting their own acrylic cases and a place where my kids can't reach.
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #124
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post
i have Grace on a deltof shelf with her wings open and she fits perfectly. you just have to find the right angle. it didnt require any bending at all. if i can get some dusting done i'll take some pictures.
Yeah, I'm not having much luck. I just tried again and can't see any way that the wing span goes in there without those wings touching the glass. The wings themselves aren't really "bending", the when one touches the glass the glass will push it forward a bit.

I couldn't find the pic in the collector's corner, though. I did have her positioned the same as the one in the "Amazing Grace" thread and it wasn't even that close. If I took off the front door, it would be fine...
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #125
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadcent View Post
out of all my ladies, my wife like her the best also.
My Wife likes Kiana cause of the base sculpting, and she loves Grace but both of those fell when she saw the Aspen statue at the Aspen Studio last weekend. She fell in love with another piece that was showcased in an aspen book back in 2004. That was sculpted my Mike's mom.
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #126
Adoptedscot
A day without sunshine is like... night.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadcent View Post
display Soulfire Grace without her wings. well thats just blasphemy

Very true!.

Beautiful display as always Quad
x
Adoptedscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #127
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hi All, finally got my Grace.... perfect condition ES 201/800. So excited, I bought a camera during lunch and rushed back to work and took some pics. verjoyed:

VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #128
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Congrats VS!

Well done!
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #129
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
One regular just sold for $454.
Another just went for $460. Sold by another new-to-ebay seller. Maybe people are being scared off by these new sellers for some reason...
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #130
gylaya79
Death is hereditary.

there's been a lot talks regarding ebay sellers on the general statue forum. even for me, i would rather buy from here than a new seller. between $100-200, i could risk it but $400 and above, i need a guarantee. i mean new sellers have nothing to lose.
gylaya79 is offline   Reply With Quote