Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 05-27-2016, 10:54 AM   #31
Vader
Ghost

prices have gone up on everything. these are not unreasonably price in the face of the rest of the market. look at the pricing on some of the 1/4 scale pieces? XM stuff. Chronicle Robocop stuff. I think this is not unreasonable in the face of the current market pricing.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #32
Python
Omega Red

We were told not so long ago that these would be cheaper than the P2. And actually, if you go to the coolprops website, they are... I have no idea why that lower price didn't materialise on Sideshows site however. Plus it's hard not to make comparisons, the P2 just has more too him for the money.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:11 PM   #33
Vader
Ghost

I agree. but those aliens busts are pretty big. P2 is a steal.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:14 PM   #34
Vader
Ghost

are they releasing the dog alien bust through sideshow???
Old 05-27-2016, 01:20 PM   #35
Python
Omega Red

I hope so, I'm actually tempted to buy him and the Big chap.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:49 PM   #36
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

These busts look great but I guess I am having a hard time justifying the price on them. The P2 Maquette is definitely a better deal for the money but even if you look at the Alien King Maquette for $1,000, it's also a better deal and looks much more intricate with the multiple Alien drones on the base and the highly detailed and large Alien King. These busts look detailed but they are over priced imo for what you are getting in return.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:58 PM   #37
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I already have the original life size warrior and I like the fact that it is an actual bust, I don't like the way these are just the heads sittings on stands.
I do however really like the newborn bust.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:05 PM   #38
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Sexual elements are not "off" at all, the Warrior was essentially a dome-less version of Gigers big chap, and that is just how he roles.

El, this guy doesn't have lips, only the dog ventured into such territory. And I agree, these are way more expensive than I'd hoped, the blue version is even more than the P2!
My memory must be fooling me then! Are you sure it was only the dog? I distinctly remember in the first one a close up of the alien and its lips retracting as its about to attack. Plus does that mean the ss 1:1 bust is inaccurate?

El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:56 PM   #39
Vader
Ghost

Some props had lips, and some didnt.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:55 PM   #40
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I really wish CoolProps had one of these, if not two already released into the market so I could gauge their quality better than looking at photos. Though I'm a massive Alien fan, I would have preferred these be listed for sale a bit apart from one another rather than all at once. I'd hate to place a giant order only to be letdown. Decisions decisions...
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote