Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 12-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Any idea what the two new licenses will be?

They've been mentioning that they have two new licences ready to reveal once they get roughly fifty more likes on Facebook

What do you expect and what are your hopes?

Personally, I want Phoenix Wright! I think a line of perhaps 1/8-1/6 statues that depict the characters would be great, especially if they were done to fit in actual court room style. How I imagine is Phoenix having a statue with him at the defense attorney stand. A followup statue could be Maya who comes with an additional area to attach to the stand. The box itself could feature a backdrop of the court room. Meanwhile, the rest of the releases would be the various prosecutors, each coming with their own bench as well. Down the road, we could probably even get the judge and detective Gumshoe at the witness stand.

It's a dream of mine; one I would like to see come true either through official means or commissions down the road.

Realistically though I expect Smash Bros to be a license grab for them. It's one of the most high profile gaming licenses one could grab and their relationship with Nintendo is very strong right now. To me it's either that or Mario 3D World. Given that they hold the Sega All Stars license as well as all the Sonic licenses, I cannot imagine it coming from SEGA so Nintendo seems to be the obvious choice.

Aside from that my other dream license would be Castlevania, maybe even 1/4 scale given how elaborate and fantastic the designs of the later characters are. Just imagining Dracula, Shanoa, Alucard, Juste, etc... with mixed media is just something incredible.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I'd love them to pick up Castlevania but I've only known them to do cartoony stuff.

I think any Nintendo license is a good guess. Maybe Wind Waker style statues.

I'm also thinking Kingdom Hearts.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Kingdom Hearts would require the DIsney license. I just can't imagine them grabbing a license that expensive.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

My Little Pony and Monster High?
Old 12-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Did they give any hints? It could be anything if not.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
I'd love them to pick up Castlevania but I've only known them to do cartoony stuff.

I think any Nintendo license is a good guess. Maybe Wind Waker style statues.

I'm also thinking Kingdom Hearts.
Dude...comb through thier website....it is far from only being cartoony.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #7
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
Dude...comb through thier website....it is far from only being cartoony.
It seems that anything associated with Nintendo these days is assumed to be "childish" or "cartoony" (ie. unnecessary comment/joke a few posts up).

Castlevania is certainly not out of the question for them if they can acquire the license. I'd say their semi-sister company GamingHeads also has a good chance of picking that one up down the line, but they seem to be focusing on modern gaming for the foreseeable future.

Something LoZ related is a good guess; it feels like it's been ages since any Zelda news has surfaced. Last I heard, they had four projects in various stages of development for the series. Wind Waker would be cool, but the current lines are overdue for a nice Princess Zelda statue so I can't help but feel like an additional title is unlikely.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I've been hoping for a Wind Waker: Link on King of Red Lions diorama. Although if it's a new license it's hard to tell because sometimes they come way out of left field. Like they did with Worms diorama. I never saw that coming or even figured that it's fan base would want an expensive polystone collectible. I love playing Worms but had no interest in F4F 's dio. Castlevania would be cool to see.
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Smash bros would be cool although I don't really care for the new characters (so far) besides Megaman. I hope they finish the Twilight Princess with Link and Zelda and hopefully some more OOT 1/6.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #10
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
They already said smash bros is not doable. The problem is the licences of the characters is too widely spread. I hope windwaker ... but I hope something not that interesting for me... my wallet could use a breather.
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote