Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #101
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think those who didn't see it, will watch, and see what we mean. It was just a lot of stuff crammed into one hour last night. I get it -- they need to hook non-comic fans in quick -- so those of us who know the material and enjoy multilayered comic based shows/movies are more critical.

It is watchable -- for sure.

Is it loveable and a must watch -- remains to be seen.

And did anybody else have a problem understanding/hearing Fitz and/or Simmons?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #102
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Didn't watch it last night, have it DVR'd. That kind of says it right there, I wasn't really in a rush to watch it. The reviews so far have pretty much confirmed my low expectations. That said, I do plan on watching it, and sticking with it to give it time to develop. I really don't have high hopes for it though. With the S.H.I.E.L.D. premise they can be in the MU without really committing to it, they're most likely just going to be on the edges of it and mentioning things but not really bringing in any important characters.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #103
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Didn't watch it last night, have it DVR'd. That kind of says it right there, I wasn't really in a rush to watch it. The reviews so far have pretty much confirmed my low expectations. That said, I do plan on watching it, and sticking with it to give it time to develop. I really don't have high hopes for it though. With the S.H.I.E.L.D. premise they can be in the MU without really committing to it, they're most likely just going to be on the edges of it and mentioning things but not really bringing in any important characters.
I get the impression that that's how Marvel wants it. No bringing in important characters because those will be saved for films with better movie actors and bigger budgets.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #104
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I get the impression that that's how Marvel wants it. No bringing in important characters because those will be saved for films with better movie actors and bigger budgets.
Exactly. That's the main reason I haven't really gotten too excited about this show, they'll likely only bring in D level characters or create new ones because they don't want to commit to anything they may want to use on the big screen. This is also the reason there haven't been more short films. We'll see how the show develops.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #105
Demona
Martian Manhunter

SHEILD could carry their own show with the mention (and use) of lower level characters.

I want AoS to be about SHEILD because I think stories about spies and espionage are fun. It would be pretty cool if they brought in HYDRA as an enemy at some point.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #106
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
they'll likely only bring in D level characters or create new ones because they don't want to commit to anything they may want to use on the big screen.
When you said D-level characters, I immediately thought of ex-Avenger D-Man.

I read that he died in Captain America last year.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #107
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teague View Post
Haven't seen this yet, but have it on TiVo. Still looking forward to it, but I have to say, I'm bummed that so many here were disappointed. If they can't win the comicbook faithful, who's their audience?

I don't know--even if it's been a rough start, I'm willing to give it at least a season to see if it grows legs. It's a Marvel comics series on TV--we haven't seen that for more than 30 years! And pilots are notoriously tough.

Still hoping!
This is my feeling exactly...
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #108
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
When you said D-level characters, I immediately thought of ex-Avenger D-Man.

I read that he died in Captain America last year.
So...."D" Man took Daredevil's and Wolverine's hand me downs and made a costume?
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #109
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly. That's the main reason I haven't really gotten too excited about this show, they'll likely only bring in D level characters or create new ones because they don't want to commit to anything they may want to use on the big screen. This is also the reason there haven't been more short films. We'll see how the show develops.
Well if that ends up being the case then I for one am out. Simply implying that this series is part of the Marvel Universe through passing references and poorly edited stock footage from one of the Marvel features (both of which were present in the pilot) simply isn't good enough for me. This series needs to FEEL like it's in that Universe otherwise it runs the serious risk of becoming just another procedural drama Ã- la 'CSI,' 'Criminal Minds' and/or a clone of the 'Heroes' tv series.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #110
patrickwm68
The Flash

I liked it though a lot of it reminded me of "No Ordinary Family" with SHIELD added in. They need to focus more on Agent Coulson and Agent May.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote