Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2017, 09:07 PM   #501
gokuvegeta
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Even though the pre-order is before Wondercon, we are going to show it there as its too epic to not show in person.

Its so freaking huge...
Can u show pics next to the other 1/3 mk ninjas once you have all in hand. Are there any other mk statues to be shown at wondercon?
gokuvegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:25 PM   #502
Royce12
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokuvegeta View Post
Can u show pics next to the other 1/3 mk ninjas once you have all in hand. Are there any other mk statues to be shown at wondercon?
Like RAIDEN! Please.. Raiden!!
Royce12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:54 PM   #503
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
It will probably come in around $1400 with a 150 ES

I think thats a good compromise
That's good news then I might actualy stand a chance at getting him though getting the money will prove as hard as being able to display him
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:20 PM   #504
Ash
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battletroll View Post
I hope there will be light-up eyes behind the bars!

I hope those bars will be taken away and have a blacked out opened window with glowing eyes just like Goros lair is in the game. No where in Goros Lair have I seen bars. Maybe the barred window on the backside of the base is better and on the front an open window with glowing Eyes..

The glowing eyes wont look as good if there are bars there. The bars would block the eyes too much. The glowing eyes should pulsate as well like Sideshow did with the Destroyer Statue..

I hope the final base will have some blood on the floor, walls and bloody skulls. Maybe an easter egg like Liu Kangs skull with headband laying next to it

The base looks decent, but hopefully the final will get those extra details to make it stunning. Coming together nicely, so hopefully we will get the light up features shown from the concept art.

Im really curious if Goro's base will get the glowing eyes, a memorable part of Goros Lair. Im pretty sure most fans when remembering Goros Lair remember those Glowing eyes and dark presence the stage had when reaching Goro for battle. If there are glowing eyes being added, please dont block them out of view with those bars.

Are the skulls on the base 1/3 acurate? I know Goro is huge, but how much smaller is a 1/3 Ninja head compared to Goro? Just curious because the heads look tiny next to Goros feet and hopefully they will be scaled 1/3... The skulls almost look 1/4 scale like the tiny part of kens head you can see in the edge of the pic with base.. Too hard to tell at the moment. I cant wait to see the finished piece.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:14 AM   #505
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post

I hope those bars will be taken away and have a blacked out opened window with glowing eyes just like Goros lair is in the game. No where in Goros Lair have I seen bars. Maybe the barred window on the backside of the base is better and on the front an open window with glowing Eyes..

Im really curious if Goro's base will get the glowing eyes, a memorable part of Goros Lair. Im pretty sure most fans when remembering Goros Lair remember those Glowing eyes and dark presence the stage had when reaching Goro for battle. If there are glowing eyes being added, please dont block them out of view with those bars.
He's using concept 2 for the base, much better in my opinion. And I do hope he has glowing lights within the base.
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:20 AM   #506
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Great price and fair edition size
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:20 AM   #507
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

There have been bars in Goro's Lair for Armageddon and MK9, so it could have been influenced from there. He's also MKX not Klassic. The bars from those stages aren't identical or the same scale, but looks to be capturing the vibe from different eras, which is pretty cool IMO. I also think this pose from the 2 concepts that were shown won the overall, but I am not 100% sure.

There also appears to be 2 holes on each side for light up torches I hope
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:33 AM   #508
Ash
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
There have been bars in Goro's Lair for Armageddon and MK9, so it could have been influenced from there. He's also MKX not Klassic. The bars from those stages aren't identical or the same scale, but looks to be capturing the vibe from different eras, which is pretty cool IMO. I also think this pose from the 2 concepts that were shown won the overall, but I am not 100% sure.

There also appears to be 2 holes on each side for light up torches I hope
Those bars in the pic you attached is way better.. I was sure the Glowng eyes in concept #1 won the votes. It looks good, but I think if it will have glowing eyes then the bars will be better left off so they wont block the pulsating eyes.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:50 AM   #509
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Might have to get this one. This Goro resembles closer to MK movie Goro. Movie Goro was awesome. lol!
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:44 AM   #510
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Even though the pre-order is before Wondercon, we are going to show it there as its too epic to not show in person.

Its so freaking huge...
Hey Jerry, when's Wondercon?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote