Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-13-2017, 05:29 PM   #61
Fremen
Birds of Prey

You're right about the backlash on that Wolf Pred bust.

These are so unique though. I still think they'll sell well. I guess we'll find out.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:31 PM   #62
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Theyll sell out
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #63
Ronin3801
Doh!

Ordered both....it had to be done
Ronin3801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:10 PM   #64
clutch
Sailor Moon

Guess I'm priced out of statue collecting. Bummer.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:40 PM   #65
Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin3801 View Post
Ordered both....it had to be done
*sigh* yeah, I'm probably right there with you on that assessment. I might wait the month out though before I do. If I don't I imagine a few years from now I'll be known to myself as 'stupid motherf-' because I didn't purchase any stargate busts, period. Don't think I much care for that future regret.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:11 PM   #66
thedarkknight77
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I have to agree with you guys that I was a little surprised at the price. I bought the 1:1 Horus and Anubis with out blinking, but the price here has me pausing. I thought for sure these would be $1000 for the two on preorder. I was also hoping all three would be done at once. It will be interesting to see what the run size will be, my guess is no more than 400 per unit. With that I bet you will be able to get them later at a lower price.
thedarkknight77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:52 PM   #67
Enforcer

That's a dangerous bet. I imagine quite a few people were banking on nabbing 1:1 Anubis for less. Now they're SoL.

I think the run will be more like 200. It heavily depends. It may well be cancelled if pre-orders aren't there. I imagine no less than 100. Realistically it needs to be what? 150? 200? I'm not sure what CC's cut off mark is for green lit except that something like 50 POs probably won't be enough to go into production.

As long as enough people want to buy it, they'll all do the math and realize the deal is $600 per, basically half of a 1:1. Seems fair. Maybe since both are up for PO right now it will mean more sales. Anubis suffered greatly until Horus sell out caused it to sell out, too ._.

But seriously, if this somehow misses production I think I might slit my wrists....not really, but the rage would be real.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:59 AM   #68
Fremen
Birds of Prey

If you miss these, I guarantee you will pay dearly for them on the secondary market.

I don't like expensive prices but I really can't understand all of the complaining on the price of these. They are $600 each if you get both.

They are not small. They are unique. They have a light up. They are gorgeous. I can't see anything like this ever being made again.

$600 each, that's​ just a little more than sideshow PFs seem to be going for these days.

If you're just getting one, then it gets pricey.

Just my thoughts.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:45 AM   #69
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
If you miss these, I guarantee you will pay dearly for them on the secondary market.

I don't like expensive prices but I really can't understand all of the complaining on the price of these. They are $600 each if you get both.

They are not small. They are unique. They have a light up. They are gorgeous. I can't see anything like this ever being made again.

$600 each, that's​ just a little more than sideshow PFs seem to be going for these days.

If you're just getting one, then it gets pricey.

Just my thoughts.
I completely agree with all of this.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:31 AM   #70
Kefka2200

These will definitely be a rarity. Stargate isn't (and i mean the utmost respect to it when i say this) an A-list franchise, nor is it one people go out of their way to get the license for. However, the fanbase is real and dedicated. I think Chronicle chose wisely when acquiring this license because of that niche fanbase. This isn't Marvel, this isn't Alien and it sure as hell isn't Star Wars, so the notion there will be other options anytime soon is misguided. These are beautiful pieces and people will wish they snatched them up when they can't get them anymore.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote