Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #121
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Anything form fitting is better fully sculpted imo. It'll also probably stand the test of time better, if I remember right some of SS's older "leather" like material hasn't held up too well.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:26 PM   #122
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

IMO, sculpted works best for figure hugging costumes. Every time I see an MM piece with a tight fitting costume I think of how much better it would look fully sculpted.

Not a fan of pieces which have both MM and sculpted clothing. PCS have done a great job with all MM pieces in the past, but I think this piece would look even better with a sculpted flowing cape.

I understand those that want full MM to keep with the rest of the MM line. Just think this piece lends itself better to being fully sculpted.
archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #123
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery View Post
IMO, sculpted works best for figure hugging costumes. Every time I see an MM piece with a tight fitting costume I think of how much better it would look fully sculpted.

Not a fan of pieces which have both MM and sculpted clothing. PCS have done a great job with all MM pieces in the past, but I think this piece would look even better with a sculpted flowing cape.

I understand those that want full MM to keep with the rest of the MM line. Just think this piece lends itself better to being fully sculpted.
Agreed, which is why I think this should have been in the fully sculpted Ultra line. Why release a mixed media statue with no mixed media?
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:47 PM   #124
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1066 View Post
Agreed, which is why I think this should have been in the fully sculpted Ultra line. Why release a mixed media statue with no mixed media?

But it does have mixed media. A cape. Same as SS Batgirl and Powergirl, and others
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:02 PM   #125
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think the pose of this piece prevented it from being on an Ultra line base, but no reason it couldn't be the first of a new fully sculpted "classic" line.

Might be asking too much, but would be nice to have a choice of sculpted and material capes. Don't think anyone has done this before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
But it does have mixed media. A cape. Same as SS Batgirl and Powergirl, and others
IMO, all of those SS pieces plus others (original Thor) would look much better if the capes had been sculpted. XM have done a fantastic job with their sculpted capes (thinking Mysterio, Batman and Black Panther) and have convinced me this is the way to go. Would like to see PCS try their hand at sculpted capes.
archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:10 PM   #126
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I was all on the sculpted cape bandwagon until I saw the P1 Batman, that thing's epic. And you don't have to worry about it being too heavy like the Superman PF.

Imo High quality fabric cape>sculpted cape>cheap quality fabric
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:27 PM   #127
Mitch07137
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Where's the other new challengers??!

Looks cool tho just wish we got some new characters but I understand the financial risk ugh
Mitch07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:27 PM   #128
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Fair enough.

And I suppose if Abel, Viper or Rufus won't sell than they probably shouldn't be made. It is business after all.
Hmm.

They could be done with a different, more exclusive (more expensive) approach. More akin to a private commission.

Much rather get them officially from PCS.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:56 PM   #129
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch07137 View Post
Where's the other new challengers??!

Looks cool tho just wish we got some new characters but I understand the financial risk ugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Hmm.

They could be done with a different, more exclusive (more expensive) approach. More akin to a private commission.

Much rather get them officially from PCS.
If only Capcom promoted/used these characters more.

Well except Rufus, I don't know how you would save Rufus.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:58 PM   #130
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I for one am happy and will be ordering. Sure I would have loved her outfit to be MM, but if it means a lesser price point, I'm all for it. Can't wait to see her in person at Wondercon! Great work, Jerry.
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote