Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-12-2017, 04:56 PM   #751
ukshaun
Hercules

Given how the base looks, and the wobbly head issue, i'm convinced the same factory made who made Black Canary made Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer) PF

I don't know how many different factories Sideshow use, although i'm guessing more than one. Whatever factory produced Captain Marvel PF, i sure hope they get to produce Harley Quinn PF and Lady Deadpool PF
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:38 PM   #752
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Given how the base looks, and the wobbly head issue, i'm convinced the same factory made who made Black Canary made Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer) PF

I don't know how many different factories Sideshow use, although i'm guessing more than one. Whatever factory produced Captain Marvel PF, i sure hope they get to produce Harley Quinn PF and Ladt Deadpool PF
It's a no brainer by now all the Simple statues with little to no parts will be the cheap factories. This means bat woman, magic girl, lepord lady, bane, lex I'm sure was the same until they saw how bad it came out. Those simple statues should be 350.00-500.00 max. The ones which cost a arm and leg like Sonja and deadpool with lady pool will be the good factories. They will try to get away with the lower qc factories if possible. So depends on the sculpt we already know which factories will do which for the most part. I'm they squeezed ww into the cheaper factories to save money and we saw how horrible many qc was for that one.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:28 AM   #753
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
It's a no brainer by now all the Simple statues with little to no parts will be the cheap factories. This means bat woman, magic girl, lepord lady, bane, lex I'm sure was the same until they saw how bad it came out. Those simple statues should be 350.00-500.00 max. The ones which cost a arm and leg like Sonja and deadpool with lady pool will be the good factories. They will try to get away with the lower qc factories if possible. So depends on the sculpt we already know which factories will do which for the most part. I'm they squeezed ww into the cheaper factories to save money and we saw how horrible many qc was for that one.
I do own Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer) PF, and she turned out well. Admittedly Sideshow replaced the head, as the eyes were off, and the body, as one of the legs lacked gloss (had a rough surface). She does have a wobbly head (weak magnet).

Black Canary i passed on, having seen the many photo's posted.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:55 AM   #754
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
My BC finally showed up, and I really wasn't sure what to expect given the mixed comments on her so far... but I have to say I agree with comicbookguy - she's a lot more stunning in person than she gets credit for. Her stance is deliberately in-your-face for sure, but I think it works really well, and gives the piece some great dynamic presence... it doesn't hurt that I got a flawless copy, and her eyes are especially well done, with a translucent finish that really sets them off. Overall I love her, and am really glad to have her in my collection. Pics below, with bonus Batgirl :-)

... and yes, her jacket is totally sweet :-)
Really glad that they softened the facial features to make her look cute rather than angry/scary/evil, but what's with the grooves on the back of the legs???
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 02:45 AM   #755
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Really glad that they softened the facial features to make her look cute rather than angry/scary/evil, but what's with the grooves on the back of the legs???
I've seen posts that said it was because that's the only way they could get that black line going down the back. I really hope they were wrong...because I know they could have did something else.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:15 AM   #756
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
I've seen posts that said it was because that's the only way they could get that black line going down the back. I really hope they were wrong...because I know they could have did something else.
Someone's lying because other statues have had that dark line fishnet effect without using grooves.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:15 AM   #757
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
What they should of done was grove out a really thin line that they could put glue in and then push the stocking thread into it as much as they could, that way it would keep the line straight but also cover up the groove.

Instead, The way they did it was they made a huge groove and then stuffed the nylon thread into it but the problem is you can still see the big groove.

SS has been doing this long enough to know better. It just seems like their mentality some times is "F#$k It, lets just get it done cheap, people will buy it even with all the flaws"...

And the truth is they are correct... I think some people want a character so bad they are willing to overlook some pretty big flaws... And SS knows this...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:41 AM   #758
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Someone's lying because other statues have had that dark line fishnet effect without using grooves.
Exactly!
Old 08-14-2017, 03:42 AM   #759
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
What they should of done was grove out a really thin line that they could put glue in and then push the stocking thread into it as much as they could, that way it would keep the line straight but also cover up the groove.

Instead, The way they did it was they made a huge groove and then stuffed the nylon thread into it but the problem is you can still see the big groove.

SS has been doing this long enough to know better. It just seems like their mentality some times is "F#$k It, lets just get it done cheap, people will buy it even with all the flaws"...

And the truth is they are correct... I think some people want a character so bad they are willing to overlook some pretty big flaws... And SS knows this...
Aren't both of those methods the same? @_@ Or am I not interpreting that right. lol
Old 08-14-2017, 03:48 AM   #760
pokritz17
Hydra

yall complaining about fishnets, meanwhile BC is on waitlist now and ss is laughing to the bank...it must of not been a huge issue to majority of buyers

pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote